• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

hi chaps, i know lots of good stuff to put in for attractants, but what can i put in my home made method mix to make it stick to the feeder? 1 shop sells lots of cheap groundbait mix but it wont stick to the feeder, breadcrumbs has been suggested, what do you guys use to get that cleggy sticky feeling?

#2 Jiffa

Jiffa

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4236 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

bread corn and luncheon meat all mixed up in blender then add corn and meat , to fish over the top

#3 *DJ*

*DJ*

crow whisperer!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10592 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

try brown crumb, hemp, maggots/casters, and use a few handfuls of method mix as a binder, that stuff sticks like shyt to a blanket, you wont have any bother getting that to stay in or round a feeder on the cast! :yep: (if i was using it for carp, id drop out the maggots and casters and add chopped boilie)

deano..
:D

#4 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

sweet, but what i meant was what can i put in my home made mix to make it stick together rather than buying method mix from a shop? by brown crumb do you mean breadcrumbs?

#5 Penny Arcade

Penny Arcade

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

http://podcasts.skys...esepisode80.m4v

Have a look at this mate,Tom pikering discuses "the banjo" as a method feeder,might help ya.

Tightlines!

Penny.

#6 Jiffa

Jiffa

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4236 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

ive caught loads of carp on white crumb (liquidised bread ) corn and meat , and can make a huge bucket of mix for a few quid

#7 Penny Arcade

Penny Arcade

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

sweet, but what i meant was what can i put in my home made mix to make it stick together rather than buying method mix from a shop? by brown crumb do you mean breadcrumbs?

On that podcast they discuss something thats new,its called sticky pellet mate and its just added to your mix,from what they are saying a couple of spoonfulls of this will keep it all stuck together untill it hits the bottom,looks quite good!

Penny.

#8 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

that sounds like the shit i need, any idea where i can buy some from?

#9 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 29432 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

If you just want a binder then you can use custard powder or horlicks. I used to use custard powder for sticky mag

Or get yourself a bag a PV1 Collant

My mix is 1/3 salmon fry crumb, 1/3 trout pellet powder, 1/3 fishmeal

Its more in the mixing thats whats in it

Owd

#10 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

thats sounds like the shit, horlicks or custard powder, i hate buying stuff that i can make at home, i thank you :yinyang:

#11 potlosophy

potlosophy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

have yout tried molasses?black treacle?its sticky as shit and the fish luv it i rarely make a method mix without it

#12 DaChunky1

DaChunky1

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3029 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Yeah he means bread crumbs.

If you mix almost anything with egg and flour and bread crumb you will get a paste which wraps easily around feeders. Add more or less of the dry ingredients to get you desired consistency. Or a simple white bread crumb paste is deadly (make it with full fat milk) ;)

Let us know how you get on.

DC1

Edited by DaChunky1, 11 June 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#13 Peppi

Peppi

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

try scalded mini pellets around your lead works great, in fact just cold water on them is enough to make me bind up sound !!!

peppi :smoke:

Edited by Peppi, 13 June 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#14 potlosophy

potlosophy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

no ones mentioned vitalin yet i dont think i just skimmed back through all this and thought id say some stuff i didnt before!?its pretty cheap really under 5 a 5kg bag if you go to a pet food place while your there see if theyve got some pigeon conditioner (needs cooking but is a well worth adding to a method mix).
you can soak the vitalin up with some flavours (like molasses) and really bulk out your method mix i like to grind about half of it up its really sticky and carp go mad for it.

yes the pellet idea is a good one you dont really need to soak them just put them in a little bit of water just slightly covering them for a minute then drain away the water will make them stick round a feeder better a good method mix with a small pva bag of pellets on the hook though i reckon and a lot cheaper too. :yinyang:

#15 Peppi

Peppi

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

best approach ive found with the mini pellets is stick some in a bait box or whatever and just cover with boiling water then add more dry pellets and mix until they are sticky enough to stick to a rough coated lead........

peppi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users