• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

hi chaps, i know lots of good stuff to put in for attractants, but what can i put in my home made method mix to make it stick to the feeder? 1 shop sells lots of cheap groundbait mix but it wont stick to the feeder, breadcrumbs has been suggested, what do you guys use to get that cleggy sticky feeling?
the definition of democracy is" two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"
the definition of "liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote"

#2 Jiffa

Jiffa

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4088 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

bread corn and luncheon meat all mixed up in blender then add corn and meat , to fish over the top

#3 *DJ*

*DJ*

searching for a giant shrew!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5935 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

try brown crumb, hemp, maggots/casters, and use a few handfuls of method mix as a binder, that stuff sticks like shyt to a blanket, you wont have any bother getting that to stay in or round a feeder on the cast! :yep: (if i was using it for carp, id drop out the maggots and casters and add chopped boilie)

deano..
:D

"its not gay, if you dont make eye contact" jiffa. 2012.  

#4 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

sweet, but what i meant was what can i put in my home made mix to make it stick together rather than buying method mix from a shop? by brown crumb do you mean breadcrumbs?
the definition of democracy is" two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"

#5 Penny Arcade

Penny Arcade

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

http://podcasts.skys...esepisode80.m4v

Have a look at this mate,Tom pikering discuses "the banjo" as a method feeder,might help ya.

Tightlines!

Penny.
Step up and play...

#6 Jiffa

Jiffa

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4088 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

ive caught loads of carp on white crumb (liquidised bread ) corn and meat , and can make a huge bucket of mix for a few quid

#7 Penny Arcade

Penny Arcade

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

sweet, but what i meant was what can i put in my home made mix to make it stick together rather than buying method mix from a shop? by brown crumb do you mean breadcrumbs?

On that podcast they discuss something thats new,its called sticky pellet mate and its just added to your mix,from what they are saying a couple of spoonfulls of this will keep it all stuck together untill it hits the bottom,looks quite good!

Penny.
Step up and play...

#8 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

that sounds like the shit i need, any idea where i can buy some from?

#9 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27657 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

If you just want a binder then you can use custard powder or horlicks. I used to use custard powder for sticky mag

Or get yourself a bag a PV1 Collant

My mix is 1/3 salmon fry crumb, 1/3 trout pellet powder, 1/3 fishmeal

Its more in the mixing thats whats in it

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#10 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

thats sounds like the shit, horlicks or custard powder, i hate buying stuff that i can make at home, i thank you :yinyang:

#11 potlosophy

potlosophy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

have yout tried molasses?black treacle?its sticky as shit and the fish luv it i rarely make a method mix without it

#12 DaChunky1

DaChunky1

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3029 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Yeah he means bread crumbs.

If you mix almost anything with egg and flour and bread crumb you will get a paste which wraps easily around feeders. Add more or less of the dry ingredients to get you desired consistency. Or a simple white bread crumb paste is deadly (make it with full fat milk) ;)

Let us know how you get on.

DC1

Edited by DaChunky1, 11 June 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#13 Peppi

Peppi

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

try scalded mini pellets around your lead works great, in fact just cold water on them is enough to make me bind up sound !!!

peppi :smoke:

Edited by Peppi, 13 June 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#14 potlosophy

potlosophy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

no ones mentioned vitalin yet i dont think i just skimmed back through all this and thought id say some stuff i didnt before!?its pretty cheap really under 5 a 5kg bag if you go to a pet food place while your there see if theyve got some pigeon conditioner (needs cooking but is a well worth adding to a method mix).
you can soak the vitalin up with some flavours (like molasses) and really bulk out your method mix i like to grind about half of it up its really sticky and carp go mad for it.

yes the pellet idea is a good one you dont really need to soak them just put them in a little bit of water just slightly covering them for a minute then drain away the water will make them stick round a feeder better a good method mix with a small pva bag of pellets on the hook though i reckon and a lot cheaper too. :yinyang:

#15 Peppi

Peppi

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

best approach ive found with the mini pellets is stick some in a bait box or whatever and just cover with boiling water then add more dry pellets and mix until they are sticky enough to stick to a rough coated lead........

peppi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users