Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets & Jammy Dodgers

mystic_roots

Thought I’d chuck up another diary, starting early this year as I couldn’t resist the urge to begin. 

Running some more Mephisto Genetics this year as I quite like the variety but I’ve gone for some that are more Indica than Satvia. I’ll be growing in BioBizz All Mix with Intense Nutrients coupled with AC Infinity extractor, oscillating fan and controller although I’m trying to decide if I should set it up for temperature or humidity as I did get bud rot on 2 colas last year. I’ll certainly be buying a second AC Infinity oscillating fan so there will be 2 running, one above and one below both on a timer to allow them 10 mins or so to cool down while the other runs. 

large.IMG_0510.jpeg.f6561e5fbc82f33a96b2376bb39b2497.jpeg

large.IMG_0527.jpeg.21f923bd979c3e23d08309f307d7e23d.jpeg

• Like 5

Have grown both of them in my greenhouse hopefully you get the red phenotype was lovely not much rot but was a couple years back 

oh nice I have 2 strawberry nugget in my current grow if your interested to see my thread cant wait for them to fully flower in the next month gl with your grow ill follow along as a fellow Meph head :)

what freebies did you get? Ive had some banging freebies as well.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Brysee said:

Have grown both of them in my greenhouse hopefully you get the red phenotype was lovely not much rot but was a couple years back 

That would be nice but i'm just hoping for a successful grow, I always tend to suffer when they start flowering but I hadn't realised that Intense nutrients are somewhat diluted so their feeding chart isn't great. The past Mephisto's I've grown have been quite hungry little ones.

1 hour ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

oh nice I have 2 strawberry nugget in my current grow if your interested to see my thread cant wait for them to fully flower in the next month gl with your grow ill follow along as a fellow Meph head :)

what freebies did you get? Ive had some banging freebies as well.

Think I was reading your thread earlier, Tent Update isn't it?

I do like Mephisto, the creme de la chem, Samsquanch, Amnesia and Skywalker have all been pretty hard hitters. The freebies are 2 seeds of Super Orange Haze x 24 Carat which sounds nice and I'll probably pop them next year along with my last creme de la chem.

You'll have to let me know how the Strawberry Nuggets turn out, they're like 85 Indica to 15 Satvia which is probably couch potato lock in, just have to make sure I bring up enough snacks lol 

• Like 1

All the best for your grow!!!

Mephisto is very interesting. Not tried nugetts but growing now:

Girl scout monkey

Bear ass monkey

Pinot noir

Samsquanch og

Mango smile X crinkle

LIVERS BX1

Mephisto Wedding

I am a terrible grower, but the genetic seems interesting ( livers particularly imo).

Note:

I recently bought my second 6" oscillating fan by ac infinity and they are different from the previous version ( are called generation2)

I guess that due to few negative comments and some problems ( i had myself the first one oscillating 180 degrees instead of 90 !!and failed after 3 weeks) they improved the models. Now the oscillation is slower and the fans looks even more solid that the previous version....just as a info:)

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Note:

I recently bought my second 6" oscillating fan by ac infinity and they are different from the previous version ( are called generation2)

I guess that due to few negative comments and some problems ( i had myself the first one oscillating 180 degrees instead of 90 !!and failed after 3 weeks) they improved the models. Now the oscillation is slower and the fans looks even more solid that the previous version....just as a info:)

Yeah I was reading about that the other day, I bought mine last year so I'd assume Gen 1 but was working fine for me although I did allow it to cool down as recommended in the instructions but I see Gen 2 can run 24/7, trust the UK supplier to have no stock til mid April!

• Like 1

good luck mate 

I'm also on the mephisto train i'm doing Bear Chillz and Ghost Tooth 

looking really nice at just shy of 4 weeks 

Edited by green beanz
  • Like 1

All the best with it mucker 👍

Looking forward to seeing the progress and final flowers !  

Not had any 1st hand experience with Mephisto , need to !    
GrowingGold loves them and always telling me to jump on them , will do.

Good luck man 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

Think I was reading your thread earlier, Tent Update isn't it?

I do like Mephisto, the creme de la chem, Samsquanch, Amnesia and Skywalker have all been pretty hard hitters. The freebies are 2 seeds of Super Orange Haze x 24 Carat which sounds nice and I'll probably pop them next year along with my last creme de la chem.

You'll have to let me know how the Strawberry Nuggets turn out, they're like 85 Indica to 15 Satvia which is probably couch potato lock in, just have to make sure I bring up enough snacks lol 

Yeah Ive actually ran the strain before but it was the purple nuggets special edition though, It was a decent result but suffered cause it was like my 3rd every grow, still nice though, if you look at my lastest post on tent update the 2 strawberry nuggets are on the right hand side of the tent the one back middle is double grape x grape crinkle and is easily the biggest and the 2 other smaller ones on the front middle/left are SODK x Orange haze which are a couple of weeks behind and another freebie I ran on my last grow which turned out really nice.

I still have pink panama seeds and some ravenberry but I really want to restock on Meph Wedding cause of how well it did last time. Im stearing towards just doing mainly the indica leaning ones going forwards it just seems to work out better for me at the moment. Ill keep tabs on this though for sure good luck.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Seeds have been soaking for around 48 hours now and environment is about right (pay no attention to the inside thermometer and RH as I had the tent open). Was struggling to get temps up as I tend to start later in the year so I’ve got a small tube heater and an oil radiator sitting comfortably at 27, 65-70% RH. Set my controller to be at 28 before the extractor ramps up. 

large.IMG_0535.jpeg.c24d3e28c857331e3a0e32eb751e5416.jpeg

Jammy Dodger seed going in, I don’t think I’ll have any issues with the case dropping off when she pops up. 

large.IMG_0534.jpeg.e2cc84463bdeb32396f41ee226570de2.jpeg

Strawberry Nugget seed, hopefully the case won’t prove too much of an issue but I have to say I’m very impressed with the camer on the iPhone 15 and that’s not using the zoom feature, should be fun judging the terps later on 

large.IMG_0533.jpeg.adeae26ca73e1f681d6f23d5034b57f7.jpeg

Edited by mystic_roots
  • Like 4

More than a reference for myself but I’m counting this as day 1 now, both seem to be at the same pace which is nice, no issues with the husks dropping off so all is good for now. 

Jammy Dodgers

large.IMG_0544.jpeg.7bd92de4d6d5e60a89ce93b3f30fd82c.jpeg

Strawberry Nuggets

large.IMG_0545.jpeg.d08e49d7da37abca2621f9e71d4102b3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Up to day 11 now, they seem a little slow to start, Strawberry Nuggets is a fair size bigger than the Jammy Dodgers, I reckon she’s going to have some pretty big leaves as she matures. 

Usually for watering and nutrients I use a 2L water bottle but always had issues with it dumping too much water and flooding the top and running down the sides so I decided to fire up the 3D printer. 

Behold the water bottle sprinkler! 

large.IMG_0563.jpeg.c30b396fb3851507e9383825e01a6918.jpeg

Allows slightly better water distribution, why I never thought of trying it before I don’t know!

large.IMG_0564.jpeg.7d27362061a4f019de0915f7a642ea8f.jpeg

Jammy Dodger, the runt of the litter for now, I have found in the past with Mephisto genetics that’s it’s usually the smaller ones that catch up and go wildly bushy. 

large.IMG_0565.jpeg.0905af9e84a07cd429786c5cddcf9427.jpeg

And then the Strawberry Nuggets, having a play with the camera, shows how hairy they actually are. 

large.IMG_0566.jpeg.9b489be52de72ee1a99ec01ad175fd60.jpeg

large.IMG_0567.jpeg.7dec16f887e6bc6ac3e006fef9e2f167.jpeg

I’ll be starting off the nutrients in a few days but hoping to start quite low 0.25-0.5ml per L and see how they react. I’ll do my best not to kill them off lol 

• Like 5

Mephisto have some strong shit, I smoked all night with my buddies and we were all still completely wrecked the next day at work, didn't get anything done till 3pm while we were recovering

• Like 2
On 07/04/2024 at 14:06, Punk#1 said:

Mephisto have some strong shit, I smoked all night with my buddies and we were all still completely wrecked the next day at work, didn't get anything done till 3pm while we were recovering

You're not wrong, finished off what I had left of the Creme De La Chem, that was potent, Still have some Samsquanch which isn't bad. 

I have to admit I do like Mephisto Genetics, it's a pretty good smoke but I'd like to grow more so I can try other genetics, like Zskittelz if that's the one I'm thinking of, so many strains to try!