Win Subbie Seeds - 5 places remaining ....

Gaijin

Morning folks :) 

I'm running a NFL Fantasy Football League again this year. There's 5 spots still to fill with a chance to win subbie seeds

First Prize will be 7 packs of subbie seeds no longer available on the current list. I've realised that I have far more seeds already than I'll ever be able to grow and hunt through. So I'm going to select 10 packs; the winner of the competition will choose 7 packs and the runner up will get the remaining 3 packs. 

The competition itself - 

It's a fantasy football league, but not the round ball game that most of you are used to; This one's American Football, otherwise known as the NFL. The Fantasy League that I've set up requires a minimum of 8 players, with a maximum of 16 players. So if you enter, you will have at worst a 1 in 16 chance of winning 

We already have 11 uk420 members signed up. We need anywhere from 1 to 5 more people

Here's what you would need to do:

Go to  Fantasy Football - NFL Fantasy  and sign up to create your account. They don't share your details all over the web; you won't be spammed out of existence if you sign up

Once you are signed up, there's a yellow button somewhere that says "Join a Free League". Click on that, then in the search bar at the top, type in the league ID

You've found us 

League ID: 10542733

Password: nfluk420

Create your team name and that's it, you're ready to play  

Here's a link to last year's competition thread. Please have a read of the first couple of pages if you're interested 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/423704-do-almost-nothing-for-a-chance-to-win-a-lifetime-subscription/  

Within are instructions on how to sign up. Further instructions here, page 2 of last year's thread

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/423704-do-almost-nothing-for-a-chance-to-win-a-lifetime-subscription/&do=findComment&comment=5749706

My instructions for signing up are crap :D  However, those of us that played last year are all playing again this year, so feel free to ask in this thread for help, and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction if I'm at work and not responding. Once you are set up, you can literally do nothing else and still have a chance to win 

Basically, if you do nothing all season, you will be fielding the same team every week, regardless of whether the player is actually playing in real life on a given weekend. You aren't exactly maximising your chances to score points by doing nothing. But, I've seen a team get to the grand final one year with no input whatsoever from the team captain. So it's entirely possible to win this by doing almost nothing. I need 5 more people, who are prepared to do almost nothing until early January. 

That's it really.

There's 15 weeks during which we would all play each other, round robin style, followed by elimination playoffs resulting in a Grand Final. Our own Superbowl, if you will. 

Winner takes home 7 packs of subbies no longer available, runner up gets 3 packs

If you would like to participate please send me a PM. There are 5 more spaces. In the event that there are more than 5 interested, it'll be "first come, first served" based on PM arrival time 

Any questions please drop me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Or just post the question in here

The League will draft our teams for us on Monday the 28th August, so if if you are interested, please get back to me or post in here by Saturday/Sunday 26/27th August at the latest 

If anyone who is already signed up sees this and wishes to add anything that I might have forgotten, please feel free. I do forget things 

• Like 4

It's easy to do, so c'mon dudes, sign up.

Even if you don't know anything about the game you can still win this as @Oldbearproved last year.  :innocent:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

Should be called handball lol

You've only half fixed it lol

Handprolatespheroid is its proper name...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

Like Rugby Football is?  :mellow:

Besides handball is actually huge in Europe, there's even a Champion's League...

This is Barcelona v PSG in this years' 3rd place playoff, yes they are affiliated to the actual football clubs and play in the same kits...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

Not for me but good luck folks and good on ya Gaijin, very generous.

Thanks mate, seemed a waste having seeds sitting in the fridge that I'll never grow. Some lovely stuff in there, I'm sure 

Just now, latigid aikon said:

You've only half fixed it lol

Handprolatespheroid is its proper name...

lollol I can see why the early PR guys went with "football" 

Now only 4 competition spaces left

• Like 3

Just now, Gaijin said:

lollol I can see why the early PR guys went with "football" 

We could all compromise on something like Bodypartpigskin? lol

• Like 1

Henceforth, this annual competition will be known as the UK420 Fantasy Bodypartpigskin League

The annual winner shall be known as King Bodypartpigskin :notworthy: 

Still 4 spaces left ladies and gents :) 

• Like 4

just tried to sign up and it wants a subscrition from me already...... wrong one, you got a link to the actual one you ate using enabling me to sign up @Gaijin :) nowhere to sign up, just sign in :)

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Villan said:

not this one I take it :)

Success! Thank you for registering for a CBSSports.com account!

no no no no no not CBS :doh: 

This one:  Fantasy Football - NFL Fantasy

Sign in in the top tight corner, obviously you don't have an account, so sign up, then sign in :) 

• Like 1

You also have to click sign in from the drop down 1st then there's an option to sign up hope that sends you in the right direction 

✌️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Villan said:

Signed up but finding your league is not as easy as it should be :)

I think you search for the league using the league ID. I'm sorry, I can't see how to do it because I'm already in :doh: 

League ID: 10542733

Password: nfluk420

• Like 1

Just had a bit of a brainwave. It seems that it's quite a ball ache getting signed up for this and then finding the right place to be. I've realised that I can send an email invite that provides a link directly to the league. 

If anyone's having trouble or doesn't want to be bothered, that's the way to go :yep: 

• Like 1