new set-up and new kit - Need some guidance please

green_machine

Posted (edited)

Hey folks,

I am currently in the process of expanding my growing space. My small drobe is no longer enough so I ripped out the bigger wardrobe next door to give me a new 2'x 6' growing space.

I plan to use 2'x4' for a new flower room and I am ready to start buying some kit for this space. I have an idea of what I want to do but I would appreciate it if you could look over my kit to see if there are any improvements that I could make.

Tent - Cloudlab 642 2'x4' Grow tent (AC infinity) I have heard good things about these tents but it has been over a decade since I last grew in a tent so I have no idea of their quality anymore. I don't want to have to worry about light leaks and failing zippers so I don't mind spending some more if there is a better one available.

Environment - I will probably use an ACinifity smart controller to control an active 4" intake, a 6" exhaust, a humidifier, and a circulating fan. All of these will be ac infinity as well, to make sure they will all be compatible with the smart controller.

Heating - Some sort of tube heater connected to the main smart controller as well as heat mats controlled with an ink bird.

Lights - I am currently thinking about the  Viparspectra XS2500 Pro @Military Grade I think you use one of these right? do you know if they are compatible with the Ac Infinity controller?

e2a: I forgot the carbon filter 🫣

Carbon filter - Mountain air or carbo air filter

Ducting - Acoustic ducting

I think these are all the main things I needs to get set up, I have a budget of around 1k and I am trying to create my ultimate grow room, preferably something with high levels of automation so I don't have to constantly go in there to  tweak things.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by green_machine
added carbon filter and ducting choices
  • Like 1

Carbon filter - Mountain air or carbo air filter

Why? The AC Infinity combo will be better as you hook it up to your controller, unless it's the one you have already?

• Like 2

@Larry Badgeley I have heard some bad things about the AC Infinity carbon filter mate. Their carbon bed is pretty thin and I am not sure I would want to trust my safety with this.

I guess the move to the carbo air or mountain filters was just for safety I have used both of them previously and I have never had an issue with them.

I don't have any experience with the ac filters though. Do you use one? are they good?

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of bad things about ac infinity carbon filters I’d stay clear , I use mountain air, it’s been going for about 3yrs still good, probably will need a new one soon tho , the carbo air ones are pretty good too 

• Like 2

If your uk , buy the best when I comes to carbon filters , security first 

• Like 2

Don’t bother with a humidifier if you live in the UK. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I gotta use one sometimes in my drying room 🙂

• Like 1

@Slippy One and @Killuminati7

I find a humidifier is essential to keep my environment in the perfect range of 1.4-1.6 kPa for VPD.

Even in the small space I run now without a humidifier, my VPD is just too high and it puts too much stress on the plants especially since I tend to run my temps quite high under leds 27-28 celsius.

I have followed @NezA VPD controller guide for quite a few years now and I have always been very happy with the results I get from this.

Do you guys really not run humidifiers in your space?

• Like 3

Yeah man you do wot u gotta do I’ve gotta use one mostly in winter 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have just started using a humidifier, RH was hard to get over 43%.Now it sits comfortably at whatever I want it to be :)

You got a link for the VPD guide @green-machine

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 2

I use one of those inkbirds the hum and the dum get plugged into  can just leave it alone then 🙃

• Like 1

Empty tents can be quite low in humidity, but as soon as it's filled with green, seems to stabilize. I find increasing the extraction also increases humidity, especially if you can pull from outside which is always high in the UK. So if you have a nursery/mum/clone cabinet, always keep a few plants in there to create humidity, or if starting from scratch, it's like 2-3 weeks of low humidity but they'll be fine really. I have a separate flowering box for old mums, so plants are quite big from the start and can happily cope with 40% rh for a few days before filling the space. I've never seen my humidity drop below 40% and outdoors is always at least 70%+. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, green_machine said:

Lights - I am currently thinking about the  Viparspectra XS2500 Pro @Military Grade I think you use one of these right? do you know if they are compatible with the Ac Infinity controller?

I have the XS1500 PRO, basically a single unit.

They are compatible with the AC controllers via the adapter, but you will also need a smart plug to fully turn them off at the same time you want it to go off on the AC controller. This is because the lights(or at least the XS1500 PRO) only dim down to 5% and not fully off. Small problem easy fix. If I had a 2x4 it would definitely be the light I would go for, the par map is too good not too.

Hope this helps

2 hours ago, green_machine said:

Do you guys really not run humidifiers in your space?

I did VPD management for two grows but felt it made no difference other than increasing the chances of bud rot, never worried about it since, some grows the whole of flower in the 40's% with no problems and very happy looking plants.

Someone did post on here how people misunderstand VPD, and that it's a by product rather than a target or something along them lines.

Edited by Military Grade
missed some words, sorry this is early for me lol

2 hours ago, NezA said:

Link is in my sig @The Villan 👍

Nice one :) now...... wheres the Twisted Biscuits thread :)