Cobbing adventues

highgrower

After reading @Hombre del Monte intro thread

I just had to try. 

So one food vacuum sealer machine purchase later and some rehydration of some previously chopped bud.

large.cob-sweet-tooth-a-1.jpg

Sweet tooth A - humidity about 65%

large.cob-sweet-tooth-b-1.jpg

Sweet tooth B - humidity about 85% - smelling very nice indeed now it been reydrated.

large.cob-cheese-hack1.jpg

Cheese hack - humidity about 85% - not smelly so nice more just wet type smell.

I proceeded to roll up my first cobs.

The Cheese hack cob first - ended up a bit thinner than i wanted.

large.cob-cheese-hack2.jpg

I used baking paper to help tighten the wrap as I dont have a sushi mat thing - which tore almost straight away so used a dish cloth as well to help roll it up.

large.cob-cheese-hack3-roll.jpg

large.cob-cheese-hack4-roll.jpg

large.cob-cheese-hack5-roll.jpg

large.cob-cheese-hack6-baggedl.jpg

large.cob-cheese-hack6-sealed.jpg

The Sweet tooth cob - i tried to mix the two together as evenly as possible - again ended up a but thinner than i wanted.

large.cob-sweettooth2.jpglarge.cob-sweettooth3.jpglarge.cob-sweettooth4.jpglarge.cob-sweettooth5.jpg

All ready for the sweat

large.cobs-ready-for-sweat.jpg

And into the sweat they went.  I am using a seed mat to get the temp up with it wrapped around the cobs and a blanket - going to keep a very close eye on it as could be a bit of a fire risk.  Temps already at over 40C.

large.sweat-chamber.jpg

Hopefully in about 48 hours they will look ready for a ferment.

Unfortunately I only spotted @Hombre del Monte post update re using a plastic pipe to form them in after I had finished - ah well next time.

• Like 33

All the best with this mate :yep:  

eta: yes, the pipe arrangement looks like the way to go 

Edited by Gaijin
  • Like 2

Looking forward to following this. As regards the shape, I wouldn't worry. Don't worry if you don't see moisture on the inside of the bag after the sweat. Sometimes I throw several whole colas in together in a vac bag and off we go. 

• Like 8

Temps seem to have stabilised around 43C - it got as high as 52 and decided it was too hot so put another layer of the blanket between them and the heat mat.

Will just see how they change colour wise - i think for indicas i read its better to give them a longer sweat and let them go past the golden to a more dark colour.

Maybe them being a bit thinner they will "cook" faster like sausages? 

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 10

Cheers - I did smoke some cobed cured weed many years ago and was clueless as to what it was at the time - early 20s just thought omg this is so strong - plus the brick thai weed we used to get was a bit hit and miss but am now certain the nice stuff had some how ended up being cured like this by mistake when smuggled - if you remember it didnt have loads of trics on it like modern stuff but a pure joint got you sky high and was a smooth smoke.

• Like 17

I remember the brick weed well, that's for sure.  It was my first experience of smoking "real Cannabis" after years of smoking hash, which was mostly alright at best. The ammonia smell from the brick weed  for me was enjoyable at the time lol 

Hope you get really stoned from the result :smokin:

Edited by shire
  • Like 6

Just now, shire said:

I remember the brick weed well, that's for sure.  It was my first experience of smoking "real Cannabis" after years of smoking hash, which was mostly alright at best. The ammonia smell from the brick weed  for me was enjoyable at the time lol 

Hope you get really stoned from the result :smokin:

That amonia smell i think is pretty much what would happen to this if there was no vacuum seal - i think you missed out and not sampled enough brick weed to strike it lucky.

• Like 2

My son in the UK popped over for a visit the other day. He's not a wake and baker like and declined to eat the cob. He smoked it on a couple of occasions and couldn't believe how high he was from just a few small puffs from my vape.

• Like 8

Just now, Hombre del Monte said:

My son in the UK popped over for a visit the other day. He's not a wake and baker like and declined to eat the cob. He smoked it on a couple of occasions and couldn't believe how high he was from just a few small puffs from my vape.

I am a wake and bake man so very curious as to how munching some effects me - so far edibles dont really have much of an effect on me.

• Like 2

Just now, highgrower said:

That amonia smell i think is pretty much what would happen to this if there was no vacuum seal - i think you missed out and not sampled enough brick weed to strike it lucky.

Sometimes when the weed is very wet and it's put into a cob an ammonia does develop after the sweat, just let the cob dry very well before going to the next stage ie the ferment. The ammonia smell will disappear as the ferment progresses and be replaced by a deep fruity sweet smell. 

• Like 6

so far edibles dont really have much of an effect on me.

You're doing it wrong! (probably) lol 

Canna coco oil gets me buggered, 1 dessert spoon with a bowl of porridge 2 and I'm propping myself up off shit or hanging on for dear life to the edge of my desk :D 

• Like 10

I am a wake and bake man so very curious as to how munching some effects me - so far edibles dont really have much of an effect on me.

How much and what do you smoke a day. I'm trying to slowly reduce what I smoke by  predominately eating cobs. I usually find normal cookies etc don't really do it for me but cob gets me every time. 

• Like 1