Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I'm pretty close to finishing Treme :sadwalk:

Brilliant series.

So I need some suggestions for a new series to download and get into :)

Any suggestions ?

I'll list the shows I've already seen that I really liked :

The Wire

Deadwood

Justified (I know the new season of Justified has started, but I'm waiting for it to finish so I can watch it in one go, that's kinda how I like watching TV stuff nowadays)

Boardwalk Empire

Ray Donovan

Breaking Bad

Dexter

The Shield

Oh, and it goes without saying that I've seen all of and a massive fan of Game of Thrones - roll on spring :)

Erm, that's it off the top of my head, there are probably more. Watched Vikings and enjoyed it - wasn't a classic like the above, but was decent enough. I watched Hannibal, thought it was a bit meh. Thought Sons of Anarchy was OK for the first few series, but lost interest, partly, but not completely, because of all the IRA bollocks, which was awful AND having American actors doing embarrassingly bad Irish (and Scottish) accents annoys the piss out of me. Bates Motel was shit. The first season of American Horror Story was OK, but I gave up on season 2 after about 4 episodes cos it was just a mess, trying to do too many things and as a consequence not doing any of them at all well. Watched a little bit of Hell on Wheels but thought it was atrocious, some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard. So all of those are out.

Cheers.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 4

I watched underbelly on Netflix, based on true events surrounding the drug trade in Australia. Actings not great but pretty good story

• Like 10

Just started watching Sons of Anarchy, thought the first Irish accent was laughable, Fusco from Person of Interest. :rofl:

Have you seen The Corner? Its a mini series, "similar" to The Wire. Only 6 hours, but worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Yeah, Underbelly is well good! Different characters/location/time frame each series, except the 2014 series which has a lot of the series 1 cast, but focusing on Tony Mockbel instead of Carl Williams. :D They did a couple series set 100 years ago and they were awesome.

Edited by KingBlueRizla
  • Like 3

I ve finally got round to watching the Soprano's and i'm only 3 episodes in and i'm hooked ,well worth a look Boojum if you ain't seen it :yep:

• Like 1

TBH I tried to get into the Sopranos when it was on British telly, but I just couldn't, it didn't interest me at all. But that was quite a while ago now and I think my TV tastes have changed, perhaps even matured a bit, so I guess I really should give it another go since it's often mentioned as the best American TV drama ever.

Not seen The Corner, but I recall hearing good things about it so I'll give that a go too :)

Cheers for the suggestions, not heard of the other stuff mentioned so far (apart from Wilfred, cheers for the suggestion but I'm really more into drama than comedy), so I'll look into them.

Keep the suggestions coming (not just for me, but for everyone - suggest stuff that you've enjoyed that other people may not have seen :) )

Cheers.

Firefly is pretty good

Firefly was better than good IMHO Another one like Deadwood that was superb but got cancelled by soulless network suits with spreadsheets for brains :sadwalk: The Serenity movie at least gave Firefly some kind of closure, even if it was deeply unsatisfying.

• Like 3