Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest FD

Fitduck's Report On

227 posts in this topic
Sorry FD I have to eat, have spliff breaks etc.  I have cleaned the thread for you.

What the fuck?

lol keeping ma mooth shut :wassnnme: another 2 week mod watch for using smileys :wassnnme: ahhh love this place :wub::P

crazy place it is here......I LOVE YOU LOT :wassnnme:

Sorry FD I think the topic is mainly about todays demo now, I had missed some.

Don't give up mate, but as I said you have to understand the community here, they are quite diverse, but generally good people I think.

We help our own, and we would help you FD, just like you said you would help me if I got busted  :wassnnme: This is NO game FD. I was on my death bed until I started growing and stopped eating soap bar  :wassnnme:

418539[/snapback]

You don't know how glad I am that you find benfit in a natural remedy that is harmless, natural and pleasant.

I just don't want you to get any hassle from the law. It's wrong.

I'm on your side mate and that of every medical and recreational grower.

You don't know how glad I am that you find benfit in a natural remedy that is harmless, natural and pleasant.

I just don't want you to get any hassle from the law. It's wrong.

I'm on your side mate and that of every medical and recreational grower.

418545[/snapback]

:wassnnme:

FD - Dunno if this will help, just some of my thoughts on the whole Activism thang. Its slightly argumentative, and I don't mean to aim at any one person when I use the "you" word.

I grow med-weed for myself and others. If I get busted, well hey Woo-hoo, its won't be the first time and it wont be the last. No fuss, no tears, I am old enought to know. I can do the time, standing on me head If I must.

But don't expect me to walk around with a sign saying "I Grow Dope" or to start placarding courthouses etc. I got my security and other folks' meds to think about.

If I get busted - you can write to me if you really want to. But please, don't go whining and crying and begging the Politicos to free me - coz I sure as hell wont, and I'll do the full term because I will not be hiding my plans to grow again from the day of release. If you want to do summat in the event of my taking a break at one Maj's Haunts, set up a GR and fill it to the max!

This is a war, Growing is the weapon I choose. I'll grow here, I'll grow in the nick ( oh yes, it can be done). Bust me today - I'll be planting seeds tomorrow and looking for lights by lunchtime.

I think I am an Activist.

But I don't really care one way or the other as long as I got plants in good nick for me and those who need them.

When the Man Upstairs says "It is Good", I got my commission and no Gov can get in my way.

I'm not going to slag anyone off, but here's my take.

I've been invovled int his since 1992 - actually before that inthe late 70's with the original LCC, but that didn't come to much.

As I'm sure others would agree, I've always been a black sheep though, I never really agreed with the way people were going about things, first with the CLCIA then the LCA. I did my best to get involved, but it didn't work and my contributions just seemed to cause division.

I think its something like this:

The campaign to date has been to promote cannabis as basically a harmless pastime, the use of which was a civil right issue. From the early days I didn't see it that way, and I didn't think most people did either.

Well, we've had 13 years of this type of activism and it's utterly failed to enthuse people.

This has happened at a time when cannabis has been almost constantly in the news for one reason or another, it's just that the reasons it was inthe news weren't the issues activits wanted to discuss.

The first example of this was smoking. It was the first thing that struck me when I got involved back in the early 90's, but my effort to include harm reduction through a safer use campaign were rejected as being aginst this "freedom of choice" mantra.

Cannabis couldn't be regulated in any way, it had to be "free".

So there was no reaching out to people who had concerns about cannabis, no engaging in the mainstream debate.

The final straw for me was the issue of mental health. For me it was clear, we had to get involved in this one, we had to learn about the whole issue. I tried to get people interested - I went to LCA meetings again and tried, but all I got at best we "we have to educate the people", no-one wanted to listen, no one wanted to modify their holy cow of "freedom of choice". The whole mental health issue was hype from the prohibition camp, we had to keep out of it.

Sorry, but that's no way to organise an activist movement.

If a legalise cannabis campaign is going to get anywhere it's got to talk in ways which people can relate to, it has to address the concerns they have. Esentially, it has to appeal to people who want to listen, and they'll only do that if you're saying things they want to listen to.

Frankly the cannabis campaign has been its own worst enemy, presenting totally the wrong image and arguments and ending up talking to itself.

Sorry, that turned into a rant, but the big thing to take on board is that a badly organised campaign that flops badly actually hurts the cause we're trying to promote. Standing in elections and getting a handful of votes proves there's no support, organising demos no-one turns up to also shows there's no support. Doing the job badly is worse than not doing it.

Derek

Doing the job badly is worse than not doing it.

:stoned:

And sadly it seems the case that the "cause" attracts a disproportionate number of people like a certain rotund sprite :smug: who seem to think that it's all about them. Seems like the most important bit of the word activism is "I" and I simply can't be arsed playing my placard is bigger than yours.

there should be one voice....sadly there isnt

with the dea and cia/fbi in every country in the world, and demi-gods making and braking thier own Laws daily ....how can the little people i.e you, me, a.n.others, who are true activists by doing what they do, here at 420, thc4ms, bbs and others.

its about being covert , them not knowing the faces, therfore the very existance of face identified , there friends and family etc

fitduck well done for having the convictions to attend.

and the genuine support for those named above.......its a sad state of affairs in the UK britains 53rd nanny state , that we can be incarcerated by a Law that will only become known when we break it.

this keeps people hidden, subversive, covert, and any other name for hidden we can muster, but keeps us free to do what we all do best

:guitar: i reckon that like allready said, some people just dont want their face or name known to the police, and others keep their fingers crossed and hope it just happens.

i think that many groups, the cannabistrust, lca, ukcia etc etc are trying to do their best in a tough situation, they are doing what they think is right to try and change things, if more and more groups set up and they all united eventually it could be the end of the stupid law, so if fitduk started a new group, prehaps aimed at people here, who do not want to be in other alredy established groups, maybe it could be a good start to joining forces.

i think that at the moment the governement only see what it chooses to see, a small group that turns up in places to protest, it would be amazing if the governement didnt have a choice anymore.... if people all over the place started to do small things to make the change..

good luck fitduck

:guitar: i reckon that like allready said, some people just dont want their  face or name known to the police, and others keep their fingers crossed and hope it just happens.

i think that many groups, the cannabistrust, lca, ukcia etc etc are trying to do their best in a tough situation, they are doing what they think is right to try and change things, if more and more groups set up and they all united eventually it could be the end of the stupid law, so if fitduk started a new group, prehaps aimed at people here, who do not want to be in other alredy established groups, maybe it could be a good start to joining forces.

i think that at the moment the governement only see what it chooses to see, a small group that turns up in places to protest, it would be amazing if the governement didnt have a choice anymore.... if people all over the place started to do small things to make the change..

good luck fitduck

418655[/snapback]

Thanks, but againd, it aint gonna happen.

What Derek23 said :naughty:

A most excellent post, which sums up precisely why I've never got involved with organised activism - that whole scene has been far too dominated by totalitarian-minded, dogmatic politicos, who cannot and will not see (let alone address) any of the wider issues associated with cannabis use (and abuse).

Their calls for unbridled freedom in the use of what is, after all, a powerful psychoactive substance and their refusal to accept that with personal freedom comes personal responsibility, has greatly harmed the "cause" and provided the anti-cannabis lobby with truckloads of ammunition.

Fitduck, I admire you for standing up for something you believe in and am very sorry that things turned out the way they did, both at the demo and in this thread. I wish you the very best of luck and look forward to seeing you in here in the future.

lol

cheers Mr S.

I too agree with a lot of other people's ideas in this thread, but surely there must be a solution amongst all of it somewhere? That's what I keep thinking, cos prohibition is not really any good for anyone except successful commercial growers and big pharma co's and big business and petrochemical organisations.

It's no good for ordinary folks like us.

You know I wouldn't care if they just decriminalised or said you can have up to ten plants growing for your own personal use.

That would do me.

Just a common sense, adult approach.

Maybe that's what we should be campaingning for - limited personal cultivation and unlimited consumption laws.

Loads of people won't agree with me on those points, but personally I would be happy with legitimised medival cultivation, consupmtion and supply and something like a ten to twenty personal plant limit for recreational use.

That would solve a lot of problems for me and many others I think. I think its well known that I want no restrictions or interference from the government, but I would be happy to compromise.

So one could grow 3 x 10 Oz plants instaed of 20 x 1.75 Oz plants. That'd be nonsense, like any other attempt to "legislate" a plant.

I don't compromise on this one. The law is foolish, dangerous, corrupt, nonsenscal and blasphemous. It deserves wholesale disobedience, not tinkering about with.

If I can lawfully grow 1000 Opium poppies in the UK why the hell should I be limited in terms of Cannabis? Preposterous! Let alone various vines, cactii and fungi - all perfectly outside the law and free, as it should be; and all bloody lethally toxic!

By allowing the Gov to legislate the growing of Cannabis we would be saying we agree with those who chant their ridiculous "safety" mantra. We would be saying "Yes, it is now stronger, so strong it will send kids crazy". Sorry, but I disagree with every fibre of my being. Stuff and utter nonsense!

Legislate the mareketing by all means if you really must (although I cannot see any real reason to). But Hands off the plant and her growers!