Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenVision

Any Serious Coffee Drinkers ?

46 posts in this topic

i drink nothing but coffee, i tried all the expensive brands then i tried aldi italian ground coffee, why would i drink more expensive when they taste no better. i mix the leftovers into coco coir it provides N for the plants.

Not heard of that Heston one before but JL have it for £550 if that helps. We use a CMA Lisa but that's probably a bit excessive for home use.

i make coffee for my boss at work and even the smell makes me feel sick, coffee is rank , no offence. i dont think ive ever tried proper coffee but if its even slightly like instant then fuck that

Nothing like it. It's like comparing freshly picked perfectly ripe strawberries and a strawberry cream Quality Street.

Edited by ~nobody~
3 people like this

big coffee fan here. they have hemp coffee now you know. my tip is to mix the decaf granules (or non decaf if you are feeling daring) with a little milk or cold water before you put the hot in.

also I like kenco cos they give their workers free tattoes.

Of course like most serious drinkers I'd never mix tea and coffee in the same post so that is a subject for another time.

Managed to quit my 10+ espressos daily habit.

Weed and coffee do mix well. Especially sativa when u got a task to do.

Usually got beans from the kilo from union grinders in London. They arent that cheap but they don't fuck over their suppliers too badly unlike the rest and u can spec the roast.

Tempted me to go and buy coffee and fire up my selection of stove tops.

Got a trick stainless stovetop in charity shop £5. Worth over 100 new!

1 person likes this

It has been mentioned on here before and cannot recommend these enough.

As simple as they are, they are a serious bit of kit.

Aeropress all the way.

3 people like this

Opps

Edited by BiPolar Dave

@@bartman

I'm sat waiting in for Amazon to deliver me an Aeropress right now...

2 people like this

@@bartman

I'm sat waiting in for Amazon to deliver me an Aeropress right now...

You will not be disappointed.

Youtube has some tutorials you could find useful.

Dont bother changing to a metal filter like some do. They are rubbish and a waste of money.

Double up on filters when using is mrs b's best tip.

In USA they have aeropress competitions.

1 person likes this

Well it's just arrived...

Will report back later.

1 person likes this

Wow, first impressions of the aeropress are very encouraging. Just made a lovely cup of strong, smooth coffee in not much more time than making a cup of instant. It's bittersweet though because it seems like my trusty moka pot is gonna be abandoned in the cupboard... :-(

1 person likes this

Wow, first impressions of the aeropress are very encouraging. Just made a lovely cup of strong, smooth coffee in not much more time than making a cup of instant. It's bittersweet though because it seems like my trusty moka pot is gonna be abandoned in the cupboard... :-(

When the plunger starts to feel a bit loose as it can do over time. Fleabay offer a replacement plunger seal at little over a fiver.

Enjoy.

E2a Few weeks ago we had a bbq. On the invites was a guy who we hadn't really met before. He was a friends boyfriend and was an estate agent. Usually put all estate agents in the pond life section but he seemed a really decent fella.

Anyhoo, when he heard there was an aeropress on premises he got slightly over enthusiastic. He said to mrsb ' let me help you in the kitchen and i'll show you how to use the aeropress properly' . Bless lol

He made an analogy of coffee machines to the growing family housing ladder.

Bless him lol

Mocha pot - is your 2up 2down starter home and fit for life if happiness is achieved.

Tassimo - 3 bed semi as the family grows

Nespresso - 3/4 bed detached

Gagia - living the dream. probably no kids

Aeropress - happily retired after a hectic life. Settled in a 2 bed bungalow wondering where it had been all your life.

Buy to Rent = Nescafe

Edited by bartman
2 people like this

4 cups of coffee from the Aeropress now. 3 black Americanos and one latte. I have a Delonghi grinder set to just below medium coarse, and a Von Chef milk frother.

Best. Coffee. Ever.

3 people like this

Dont bother changing to a metal filter like some do. They are rubbish and a waste of money.

I use a metal filter most of the time. I dont think it makes any difference to taste, but has the advantage of meaning I never run out of filters. Realising there are no filters in the house when trying to make my first coffee of the day is not a situation I want to be in ever again

big coffee fan here. they have hemp coffee now you know. my tip is to mix the decaf granules (or non decaf if you are feeling daring) with a little milk or cold water before you put the hot in.

also I like kenco cos they give their workers free tattoes.

Of course like most serious drinkers I'd never mix tea and coffee in the same post so that is a subject for another time.

Any serious drinkers would not go any where near 'granules' or 'decaf'.

1 person likes this

Any serious drinkers would not go any where near 'granules' or 'decaf'.

We were quietly ignoring him...