Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

noddy

Eat what you catch

130 posts in this topic

Ok all I use to be a big carp fisherman .

these days well more for pleasure but I intend catch and cook a lot , already got some nice pike fillets in the freezer and so easy to do no gutting just take the back then the sides and then the tail ends omg so so easy .

but any one know a good spot to go get some nice sea trout when they run this year and or any other good to eat fishy

I know you going to moan but hey I say I catch it I eat it not wasting food no more , and as a big fruit and veg grower to yum yum

1 person likes this

How big was this pike ? If ur England u know we have rules on what size fish and the amount u can take, sorry to be a bore

Why isn't there a need to gut Pike? :unsure: Thought all fish needed guts removing if you intend storing or eating them? :)

This fella pulls the guts out of his?

Edited by Saddam
2 people like this

Fuck that for a game of soldiers ill stick with the chippy :)

1 person likes this

Why isn't there a need to gut Pike? :unsure: Thought all fish needed guts removing if you intend storing or eating them? :)

This fella pulls the guts out of his?

nope

...no gutting required. It's awesome...

5 boneless fillets! :)

You can freeze fish whole ASAP its all good!! We do every winter as the fish stay on the ice and freeze solid!

Some fishermen will not be to quick to share their spots to meat hunters...as we say over this side of the pond... :unsure:

To each their own...a good feed is great!

Edited by gb1

The fillets look just like Sea Bass :grubsup: I'd eat it and have seconds lol only if it was gutted and cleaned properly though :)

nope

...no gutting required. It's awesome...

5 boneless fillets!

Can you explain how please? :)

saddam

ok you hold the pike up as if in the swimming postion , just behind the head you cut down and hit the backbone ,turn the knife flat now so the blade faces back down toward the tail slide the blade back and that takes a nice fillet off the top , then you can see the pin bones in the side run the knife point down along the side and gently work down leaving boneless fillet off both sides then fro mthe back fin you get 2 more small fillest toward the tail , there are videos online ,just search how to fillet a pike (there are so many but use the American guys tech they fillet them so easy )

as to size of the fish was well close to 5lb making it a good eater .

and hash if I worried about the law mate I would not grow my special plants .

I say laws are there to guide not stick to

there are to many laws in this country (they will let a company buy rural land fill it ful of rubbish throw some topsoil on and say oh look it looks lovely ,me when I wanted to buy rural land put a log home on it which will rot away back to nature in time ,live on the land and farm it grow fruit and veg off grid oh no that is not allowed how stupid you can ruin farm land but not live on it work it and grow food

sorry for the rant mate sick to death of stupid rules , if a fish is to small to fillet then throw it back but if I can get a meal free I say yum

2 people like this

Theoretically you've no need to gut any fish if you want to just fillet it. You simply fillet the fish straight away, the same way you would normally, and the guts will stay mainly inside. Then just give he fillets a wash, and freeze, or eat, away.

3 people like this

there are videos online, just search how to fillet a pike

Like the video in post #3? :lookaround: Anyway, I say that's still gutting the fish as it's guts are removed

hi saddam

go to you tube and search how to fillet a northern pike boneless

ps I don't know how to link movies here or I would put it on for you

Edited by noddy

Sod all that gutting and shit, don't eat anything which has still got its eyes in man , fish is quite a big thing where I live and me pal give me a taste of some shell thing called a orma don't think that's how you spell it. Fucking disgusting it was , Cod in batter. That'll do for me

Edited by Fredi

its the muddy taste you get with course fish that's always put me off, theres fuck all nice about it! :bad: imo obviously!

dj..

2 people like this

Tbf I've come across some fishy flanges in me time and didn't mind them

65 cm is the length limit in the uk for Pike, just saying like...personally i think they should all be released.

12 people like this