What 4” EC fan and filter should I buy?

Hole in the clouds

It’s for a 2mx2m drying tent. I have a 6” EC but it’s too powerful on lowest setting. I know it’s a big tent but I just want to maintain a negative pressure with as little air exchange as possible? 

Am I on the right lines here firstly? If so
what one should I get? Seems there’s only  a couple available anyway?

Radair or the ec K-fans are your only options for 4" EC fans iirc. I opted for the 5" hyperfans in the end for my small extraction needs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

AC Infinity do a 4 inch, so do spider farmer and mars hydro if you want something a wee bit cheaper. Oh and rhino done ec fans now as well, they have a 4 inch model. Secret Jardin are another one. 

If you already have a 6 inch filter you could just get an adapter to fit it to the 4 inch. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

Radair or the ec K-fans are your only options for 4" EC fans iirc. I opted for the 5" hyperfans in the end for my small extraction needs.

Cheers didn’t know about these the k-fans look quality. 

35 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

AC Infinity do a 4 inch, so do spider farmer and mars hydro if you want something a wee bit cheaper. Oh and rhino done ec fans now as well, they have a 4 inch model. Secret Jardin are another one. 

If you already have a 6 inch filter you could just get an adapter to fit it to the 4 inch. 

Ac and Spider farmer are the ones I found. Does spider farmer have a good name for themselves? Clueless need too geek up on these things but being outdoors haven’t needed to and it hasn't been of interest!

@MindSoup

The 6” fan and filter is going to be boxed into a perforated wall cupboard in the smoking room :) 

• Like 1

Oh that’s the other thing the hole through the wall is for 6” ducting do I make the hole smaller or can I use a reducer in reverse to step up to 6”? I’m think stepping up to 6” might give me backdraft when it’s windy. 

Not heard a lot of feedback on the spider farmer fans, they've not been out long but they're other products seem to be good value for money. The ACI units are the more tried and tested of the more affordable options. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Oh that’s the other thing the hole through the wall is for 6” ducting do I make the hole smaller or can I use a reducer in reverse to step up to 6”? I’m think stepping up to 6” might give me backdraft when it’s windy. 

Yeah I'd step up to the 6 inch ducting, will be a touch quieter and less effort. 

• Like 1

I give my AC 4" lite 100% rating ..... 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AC Infinity Cloudline Extraction fans are decent, quiet and can be controlled via a very handy controller and app.

I wouldn't touch Mars or SP personally.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GSZZ said:

Radair

Fuck me! they're cheap! :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Spider Farmer fanis fine and dandy, controller is virtually useless. Set my temp or humidity target, fan kicks in runs until target reached and shuts the fucking fan OFF not kicks back to whatever setting was on, no, no fucking shuts off. Wasted my money on one a few weeks ago and posted on here in this section about it.

Fucking raging at myself for not having done just a wee bit more research, b4 buying it. Good fan, really well made controller, solid as fuck, but virtually useless discovered subsequently that it and MarsHydro equivalent are identical. Very happy with the EVO SF1000 I got back in March, and all that has grown and is growing under it seem to approve of my purchase also! Aye, the fan controller is the shite fan as I said is sound bit of kit.

Edited by NotGoingGoa

Blimey that EVO SF1000 has nearly 70% Drop off in ppfd from the center to far corners at 12inches 😱

71wRN1H-mQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Whoever recommended you that light needs shooting lol

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Whoever recommended you that light needs shooting lol

It's a perfectly good light that people use to great effect, having  perfectly even ppfd really isn't the be all and end all.

As far as build quality goes SF and MH are just as good as Viparspectra, just saying. They're value brands, they offer bang for buck over utmost quality and they all do it well. 

Edited by MindSoup