Brown bagging

screrg

Areet all,

I've just harvested when it was still a bit wet (sample in a jar says 67%). I've read plenty about using brown paper bags to finish drying so have put it all in a KFC bag (15oz). It's in the tent and I've scrunched the top of the bag, there's plenty of air in the bag above the weed (weed fills about 1/6th of it).

I've never done this before so do I have to do anything or just leave it and check on it til it's dry enough? Or should I move things around to help prevent any mould risks?

I've also read that if you finish in  brown bag then there's no need to cure afterwards. Not sure if this is right or not though.

Any advice much appreciated.

Give the bag a shake tomorrow and inspect whether or not you think it needs another day in the brown bag. Repeat until you're happy and then stick it in the jars. No need to burp - you'll have dried it properly in the first place.

• Like 3

Keep the bags somewhere cool, dark but not damp. Open them up every 24/48hrs and gently toss the weed around to avoid damp spots. I would also cure the weed after it has properly dried in glass jars for a month or two. Keep any trim that accumulates in the paper bags for hash/edibles.

The advantage of paper bags or boxes is they continue to absorb moisture, unlike a glass jar, so it's a safe half-way-house between to damp for jars and not drying out to fast. Keeping texture, smell, etc.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Lux_Interior
More info.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot, that's great. Would you recommend this as something to do each dry or just aim to dry to 64ish and jar?

More often than not I use paper bags/boxes as part of the drying process. My best buds always end up in glass jars.

• Like 1

I'd recommend buying some brown paper bags if the ones from KFC etc are waxed.  I don't use KFC so am not sure.  Brown paper lunch box bags can hold a good oz+ each and are cheap as chips from the usual sites and reusable.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I've used brown paper bags and they work well. As said above they need to be plain paper so the bag can absorb the moisture. Great if you struggle drying with high temps 

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 1

I want to try this out, but finding it hard to find bags that actually state they are unwaxed on the big river site.

57 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I want to try this out, but finding it hard to find bags that actually state they are unwaxed on the big river site.

Go to Morrisons brother..they do paper shopping bags..white ones are slightly waxed but the brown ones are wax free and being as there for shopping they hold a shit load of bud large.20221106_172502_compress60.jpg.ac237f1ef13038122f39d161f4f84477.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1