Amnesialocal

Hi all,

Last help please.

I decided to go old school Coco at the moment indoor, no gravity drip, no experiments with Coco and nutrient ( at least for flower room).

But still I have several doubts about it.

Please could you help me to clarify the following?

I will use:

- topspin drippers elbow X 1 ( which will be for 6-12 plants, but I will use for 2-6 plants)...is it fine?

- water pump ? 1,000 or 2,000 l/h?

- pure coco 100% or 20% perlite?

- nutrients advise: I am interested in terra acquatica...duo, triple, for Coco, normal, bio,,? Which products of their line you recommend? Ripper/bloomers etc are needed? Someone mentioned the 2 product line, butni can't remember where I read this.

How often do you empty the tank to change solution?

- 47 l tank is enough for 2-6 plants in a 4*2 tent? I calculated should last for 13 days approx. (Now I am watering 17.5l water no run off in soil for 65l  while I will use 30-45l next time with Coco)

- I was thinking 2 pots 20l or 3 pots 15l. What's your advise?

- calmag booster during hidratación of the Coco coir or added to the tank for feeding?

- do I need recirculation pump or oxifenator pump for the tank ( particularly for bio nuts)?

Last topic, the most complex for me.

I am trying to copy the topspin kit diagram, but buying myself the pieces to save something (?). I am confused with this diagram as I assume that the anti-syphon valve is still into the tank ( just under the lid). Can inline filter, non return valve etc assembled under water? ( Otherwise my 47l tank will reduce considerably to maybe 30l to fit all these things).( In red I image the tank) Should I actually buy such inline filter or try something a bit better?large.IMG_20240321_190930.jpg.056d1af92cadfb012172b794a89d386c.jpg

Again many thanks for any help.

Edited by Amnesialocal

Update:

Nutrients: Not necessarily terra aquatica.

the easiest for hard water, capable to stay in the tank mayne 1-2 weeks ideally ( in case of long town out) with little no adjustment in ph and ec.

Please share your nuts and pro/cons if you wish.

I’d maybe have two tanks same size one for feeding , one for stock that tops up the feed one when low with a float switch pump on the stock side . I know we have messaged back n forth , just occurred to me that this may work or as I said living soil @lildaveham knows more about that though .

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

calculated should last for 13 days approx

14 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

bio nuts

Are you saying your planning to leave mixed organic nutrients in a reservoir for 13 days? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not bio ( as evidently can't)...normal?

I understood some can other no. Terra aquatica (dual) no...canna A&B by garden something apparently does?

Edited by Amnesialocal

Oh right, misunderstood you there. No idea about salt feeds myself. 

• Like 1

This is why I said tri part or dry part by terra aquatica in pm. 

• Thanks 1

I'll try to answer some of these...

Pump: I use a 750lph maxijet with 18 wilma style drippers, oversizing it a bit will help keep pressure even but anything more than 1000 would be too much imo.

Pure coco is all that's needed, no need for perlite

There are loads of coco nutrients out there and they're all pretty similar, you want to find one that works well with your water supply. Whatever is popular with coco growers in your local grow shop is a good indicator

I tend to change my solution once a week but up to 2 weeks is fine if its getting some circulation and doesnt have any thick organic additives.

47L tank seems a bit small to me. 150L lasts me 7 days in full flower in a 3' x 4' with a 600w hps and 10-20% run off

Circulation pump is a must if your tank lasts more than a few days. Only needs to be small but should agitate the surface of the solution a bit

Those pot sizes seem very large. Coco doesn't need massive pots like compost, and oversizing will waste medium as well as nutrients as the volume of run off will be higher

Inline filter can be underwater, but anti-syphon valve must be above water line

• Thanks 1

Many thanks @BushDoctoR

I will follow your advises.

Unfortunately I am very proactive:(

I took a 2,000l/h ( topspin 1 is 1,000 per kit and 2 is 3,500....I thought was better more than less in this case and I bought a valve for the 16mm pipe to reduce pressure if needed).

I opted for terra acquatica dual grow and bloom ( which allow me to avoid calmag....but I will booster the Coco for hidrstation on it...why not I have it:)

For the pots, please advise.

I can use 6.5l . Enclosed the plants in 1l soil..I will have 2 max 3.

For the tank...I will see then on due course....I will recicle the 47 for Blumat experiments outside in experimental mix xoxo and only water if problematic indoor.

150l no idea where I could put it:)...but I will invent something.

large.IMG_20240318_201839.jpg.83ddfa0e1506ead391c6a71d1af32f25.jpg

Many thanks again!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 21/03/2024 at 19:31, Amnesialocal said:

Hi all,

Last help please.

I decided to go old school Coco at the moment indoor, no gravity drip, no experiments with Coco and nutrient ( at least for flower room).

But still I have several doubts about it.

Please could you help me to clarify the following?

I will use:

- topspin drippers elbow X 1 ( which will be for 6-12 plants, but I will use for 2-6 plants)...is it fine?

- water pump ? 1,000 or 2,000 l/h?

- pure coco 100% or 20% perlite?

- nutrients advise: I am interested in terra acquatica...duo, triple, for Coco, normal, bio,,? Which products of their line you recommend? Ripper/bloomers etc are needed? Someone mentioned the 2 product line, butni can't remember where I read this.

How often do you empty the tank to change solution?

- 47 l tank is enough for 2-6 plants in a 4*2 tent? I calculated should last for 13 days approx. (Now I am watering 17.5l water no run off in soil for 65l  while I will use 30-45l next time with Coco)

- I was thinking 2 pots 20l or 3 pots 15l. What's your advise?

- calmag booster during hidratación of the Coco coir or added to the tank for feeding?

- do I need recirculation pump or oxifenator pump for the tank ( particularly for bio nuts)?

Last topic, the most complex for me.

I am trying to copy the topspin kit diagram, but buying myself the pieces to save something (?). I am confused with this diagram as I assume that the anti-syphon valve is still into the tank ( just under the lid). Can inline filter, non return valve etc assembled under water? ( Otherwise my 47l tank will reduce considerably to maybe 30l to fit all these things).( In red I image the tank) Should I actually buy such inline filter or try something a bit better?large.IMG_20240321_190930.jpg.056d1af92cadfb012172b794a89d386c.jpg

Again many thanks for any help.

BTW:

The above diagram is WRONG!

the no return valve is described as assembled in the other direction, which is wrong.

Please follow a correct one...before unscrew 16mm pipe in and out not understanding why the top spin was not working...( Also with air dryer is very annoying)

Edited by Amnesialocal

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone....

I continue this thread. I have two quick questions:

- pump 2.000l/h It is noisy like a tank entering in your toilet.

What do you use to reduce sound/vibration?

Sound mat under the tank? Floating pump not touching the bottom? Proof sound earphones for the neighbours?

- drippers ( top spin in my case) with 6.5 and 3.5 l....they deliver too much water for 3.5 and little for 6.5. can I add barbel valve to specific drippers to reduce the flow?

Thanks

Edited by Amnesialocal

Always found a thick bit of foam wedged under the pump deadened the noise cut a few bits so you can change and wash em out.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Always found a thick bit of foam wedged under the pump deadened the noise cut a few bits so you can change and wash em out.  

Sorry are you suggesting to put the foam inside the tank under the pump or under the tank outside?

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

Sorry are you suggesting to put the foam inside the tank under the pump or under the tank outside?

In the tank between the tank base and the pump