She's got nipples

MrG.

Does anyone know what has caused this. My two plants have grown nips.

20240506-090246.jpg

• Like 2

@MrG. Looks like the start of a bit of foxtailing maybe? Have you grow this cultivar out before?

Usually its a bit too much light / high temps that does it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Like @DeltaMelter says normally either too much light intensity, heat or genetic trait of a strain/pheno

Some growers love a bit of foxtailling but I've noticed on the other side of the pound they turn their nose up at it, and don't want the trait in their stuff, funny old world lol

They look great to me 👍

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

Hopefully just as above. Are they quite dense still or getting a bit loose? I had a light leak in late flower recently and started to get very loose floppy calyxes. 

• Like 3

I'm guessing it's a light thing as I bought a bigger light and cannot remember if I actually set the ppfd.

They are getting denser and quite firm.

I guess when I stick my head in the tent, they think another nipple is joining them :P

• Haha 1

Can this have an effect on how fast the plant matures? Mine are in their 8th week of flower

and this is what a bud looks like under the microscope.  Strain > Critical X Kush

Photo-2024-05-05-08-19-25-851.jpg

• Like 2

You'll wanna focus on the trichomes closer the buds surface and not the sugar leaves 👍

They can change fast within a couple of days, It's not uncommon to have cloudy and clear trichomes at week 8 still, This is where a growers patience gets tested lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Military Grade said:

You'll wanna focus on the trichomes closer the buds surface and not the sugar leaves 👍

They can change fast within a couple of days, It's not uncommon to have cloudy and clear trichomes at week 8 still, This is where a growers patience gets tested lol

Cheers for the info. Will have another look tomoz

• Like 2