Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

troy

science vs religion

1,123 posts in this topic

@@Davey Jones I think a "god" could have created the big bang or whatever, who knows, but religion is MAN made, Women shouldn't show any skin. Do everything for men. Homo's should be stoned. Fuck off. Corrupted or not, it's not needed.

Religion doesn't really answer any questions anyway, because who created god? lol

@@Davey Jones I think a "god" could have created the big bang or whatever, who knows, but religion is MAN made, Women shouldn't show any skin. Do everything for men. Homo's should be stoned. Fuck off. Corrupted or not, it's not needed.

Religion doesn't really answer any questions anyway, because who created god? lol

dude you sound like the daily mail, did you read what I wrote? or arent you interested? thats fine

The question goes beyond religion, its the original message of the religion we are talking about

I am the light that is above them all. I am the all; the all came forth from me, and the all attained to me. Cleave a (piece of) wood; I am there. Raise up a stone, and you will find me there.

Sound familiar yet?

Edit

In a little while, the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live.

On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you

The same message time after time and not just Christianity

Edited by Davey Jones
5 people like this

Modern religion is man made and can be pretty useless in regards to looking for "god"

Davey said religion has been corrupted, which I agree with.

Someone said once, I'm not sure who but "religion is like a river, the further from the source the more muddy the water" I'd say that's the situation we are in now.

God what ever it is doesn't care about humans, it doesn't care if woman are uncovered or if we are killing each other in its name.

I think it was Davey that said and it's true why do humans have the audacity to think we are the be all and end all of gods universe.

To me godid just the mechanism that brings things to life and keeps it all ticking over. Unfortunately I don't think we are go na be face to face after we kick it.

A and Davey yes, I dont know much about it but yes mathematics is the language of god.

1 person likes this

@@Davey Jones I really don't get what you are on about, I've read about stuff like Jesus dying on the cross then coming back after 3 days, is when the sun is lowest in the sky for 3 days around 21st december, the SUN of god, he will rise again ETC, I don't get how I sound like daily mail?

1 person likes this

mathematics is the language of god

It really is, its divine thats the right word totally and utterly amazing, I swear its as if I can feel it!

I really don't get what you are on about

I know you dont mate its why I am saying it, I also know that you dont see why science is broken and the actual issues physics is facing its well documented

Honestly mate I am trying to expand your mind, theres lots of room for expansion here but you need to have an open mind and be interested two things you dont seem to have

Theres a lot more to it than you think mate so if you really arent interested in debate and dare I say learning something then IMO you should stop bashing religion because lets be brutally honest if this is true then you must be just trolling

1 person likes this

@@brendog

Is that from Zeitgeist? The bit about Jesus dying and coming back 3 days later? I seen t in that but like most things online, no quote no reference nothing just a voice and a few pictures and some pseudoscience at best. Just my opinion.

9/10 most things you see or read on the internet can be disregarded...especially "that" side of youtube

1 person likes this

@@Davey Jones I'm not "bashing religion" whatever that means, I'm calling it out on the shit it creates and has created.

@@SquidInk It doesn't need quotes or references, if the shoe fits lol

I want a reference or quote where god like Josef or Allah has been proved mathematically lol

Edited by brendog

I'm not "bashing religion"

Without fully understanding it or the science your using to counter it

The definition of hippocrit, I have no issue with you mate honestly I have seen the shit you get (rightly or wrongly) and I am honestly no part of that I felt I had some relevant input and wanted to put it out there

Do you concede though having an equation that describes everything is pretty profound and the knowledge the same guy and his ideas led to DNA and other amazing things do you agree its pretty amazing yeah

Edited by Davey Jones

Without fully understanding it or the science your using to counter it

The definition of hippocrit, I have no issue with you mate honestly I have seen the shit you get (rightly or wrongly) and I am honestly no part of that I felt I had some relevant input and wanted to put it out there

Do you concede though having an equation that describes everything is pretty profound and the knowledge the same guy and his ideas led to DNA and other amazing things do you agree its pretty amazing yeah

Yes that would be pretty crazy, I don't know what that has to do with Saudi Arabia or the Americans that hate "fags" or if you aren't a christian in the USA you won't get elected, or the shit that happened in northern Ireland?

Maths proves God? Maths is the most useful of human thought and equally, it is the most unconnected with other academic fields when it goes off on it's own. It doesn't live confidently in the world of theory, unlike most science, proof is the quest that is sought in maths, religion and most science can never hope for such an end result and would never seek it. You can learn maths, it shows you are clever, you can extend it as an individual but what deep value does it offer?

1 person likes this

@@brendog

We agreed that modern day religion is man made, corrupt and probably far from the truth.

So I think we can agree that Saudi, American and the troubles in Ireland are not the same "style" of religion (not a great word to use) as Davey is getting at.

In the debate of science vs religion it should be more along the lines of using what we have in science to explain God and not why man made religion has a problem with homosexuals or why a non christian can't be elected in america, these are man issues not god. Again this is just my opinion.

2 people like this

Maths proves God? Maths is the most useful of human thought and equally, it is the most unconnected with other academic fields when it goes off on it's own. It doesn't live confidently in the world of theory, unlike most science, proof is the quest that is sought in maths, religion and most science can never hope for such an end result and would never seek it. You can learn maths, it shows you are clever, you can extend it as an individual but what deep value does it offer?

I would say it can have quite deep values. At the moment we are limited to out minds but if we can use math to predict physical things that happen around us who's to say one day this won't progress further as well.

2 people like this

According to Godel and Schrodinger it does

I disagree about the clever bit, clever is efficiency

Maths is the thing that describes basically everything, everything is explained in terms pf maths and it is the very fabric of all science just some sciences like biology need a lot more work to be able to apply hence the work trying to link physics with chemistry

It has extremely deep value, I cant think of anything deeper TBH its everything in one way or another

Edited by Davey Jones
2 people like this