Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

crosseyed and painless

Sports Betting Thread

10,449 posts in this topic

Ok, the football season gets going proper today so I thought I'd start a thread so we can share our fancies in the battle against the bookies.

Tips on any sport welcome, but please give reasoning as to why you fancy them.

Here's what I'll be betting on today....

CELTIC to beat Aberdeen (4/6) Celtic will be brimming with confidence after overturning a home defeat to come through a Champions League qualifier by winning in Moscow recently. Aberdeen on the other hand, got stuffed 8-1 on aggregate in their recent European tie, which included a 5-1 defeat at home. Also, arch-rivals Rangers will probably hammer Falkirk today so Celtic won't want to hand Rangers an early lead in the title race.

RANGERS (minus 2 goals) to beat Falkirk (6/4) Rangers begin their defence of the SPL title today at home to Falkirk. I watched Falkirk recently and they're not very good. They lost their manager and some players not long ago and have a lot of young inexperienced players who will find the atmosphere at Ibrox very intimidating to say the least....I reckon Rangers could easily win by 4 or 5 goals here.

FORFAR to beat Stranraer (8/13) I have a mate who supports Forfar and he says they are looking good right now, so that'll do for me!

On the horses, I've had a tip from a usually reliable source for ESTONIA in the 4.20! at Newbury today. This horse has never ran in public before but my source tells me that it's catching birds in training! It should be about 4/1.

Ok, that's me for today let's hear more tips :)

Celtic inverness dundee all to win

Will be doing my usual accumulators again this season, 6 - 10 game accumulators.

Have done £30 today to mark the start of the season and mark the start of me getting rogered good and hard by Paddypower and his band of friends.

I think newcastle will win they about 5-4 and liverpool should win at about the same price they play sunday.

£50 on Arsenal....Double your cash! .....hopefully :stoned:

Arsenal

Chelsea

Middlesbourgh

Leeds

Northampton

Olympiacos

Dundee

£1 accumalator pays £81.00

p&q

anything for today folks?

mighty Celts to crush Arsenal common the Hoops....Hail Hail

got a free £20 from bet 365 on Rotherham tonight.

:toot: weigh me in mr bookmaker!

:wink:

5-4 and liverpool should win at about the same price they play sunday.

:wink:

Birmingham

Man u

Tottenham

Liverpool

Newcastle

Notts county

£2 stake pays £49

p&q

The only tip I have on gambling is "the bookies never lose". :boxing:

1 person likes this

The only tip I have on gambling is "the bookies never lose". :v:

Maybe in the long run Culchi but I took 2 grand off the fuckers last night for an outlay of £40 lol

Leeds scoring 2 late on to win the game made my day as well as Arsenal winning at the end of both halves :)

I've got a good feeling about this season :)

Yeh and I took £6,000 off them at Xmas from £30

Plus I backed the National winner at 100-1. Not bad really, I might lost 20 or 30 quid a week for ages but I come good now and again :)

e2a - Nice one Peace and Quiet. I shall follow your tips next week, that will derail your winning ways :)

Edited by MartininLondon

:).....derailed tonight with Ntts county.

Goodluck folks!

:)

Birmingham

Man u

Tottenham

Liverpool

Newcastle

Notts county

£2 stake pays £49

p&q

I havnt had a bet for ages so i stuck £3 on above bet. Can't believe Man U lost 1-0. :)

i'm a reformed compulsive gambler, i wonder the motives of your bets. i have had a few different types of chemical drugs in my life, and i realised that our body creates drugs that if we could manifacture them, those who take drugs would know a true pure high like they could never imagine, if you get into gambling good style you will know where i'm coming from. gambling has nothing to do with winning money, the excitement is mainly in the near win.