• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

#301 rebelbhoy

rebelbhoy

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

I been on the smoothies for afew weeks man. Tastey shit.

I use the frozen berries and whatever else comes to hand.
Smoke weed every day.

#302 swirley2k

swirley2k

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Cheers Swirly

I'm just reading up on lectins. I tend to use about 2 cups worth of seeds per 4 people. I certainly don't feel like any of us have had any negative effects because of this but it has got me thinking. Perhaps I need to put more fresh leaves in the smoothies and less seeds.

The seeds/oats I use most regular are hemp, lin/flax, sunflower, cocoa beans (Just a few), wheat germ, and porridge.

Ahh fair enough mate, just thought I would give you a heads up. More leafy greens is always a good thing :D I noticed on another post in the food section you not been drinking. How you been finding it? I have never been a big drinker but cutting out completely I bet is hard, but worth it.

Edited by swirley2k, 26 April 2012 - 10:57 AM.

-=Swirley 2k=-

#303 Comrade Stoker

Comrade Stoker

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24407 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I doubt Ill drink again, never say never and all that but the thought of drinking just doesn't turn me on. I look back and I realise that booze was not a good drug for me, not just when I was drinking but more the mindset it put me in, both drunk and sober. I would ponder whilst drunk and then follow those thoughts up and continue them whilst sober, it clouded my judgement. I see other people who seem to get benefits from drinking but not me. I gave up for 3 months then had a drink (4 pints and a bottle of beer) and felt like shit, that was around October/November time I think, I've not touched a drop since. My wife has stopped too, she stopped November time last year, she says she might drink again but has no plans to. Personally, I think booze set my life back a good few years, the good news is that herb has help me make up the lost time :guitar:

Edited by Lake Palmer, 26 April 2012 - 12:53 PM.

My outdoor grow (Church and Cheese)
2 x Jacky White and 1 x Grapefruit Outdoor
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

#304 HazyDaze

HazyDaze

Just havin' a Chong....

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2093 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Totally agree with the booze bud, pretty much the same here..

leave the nasty shat alone is best... :pitchfork:

Although i will be having a tinny here and there through summer no doubt.. :fart:

Edited by HazyDaze, 26 April 2012 - 01:44 PM.

Oh, yeah, that's right. That's what's it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it, that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

#305 vape_ninja

vape_ninja

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Banana and Oat Smoothie

Things you'll need:

Pint Glass
handheld blender
Oats
Milk (full fat or semi skimmed)
Banana/s (1 big one, or 2 small ones)
Honey/ Sugar (optional depending on age of bananas)

1. Put an inch of oats in the bottom of the Pint glass.
2. Add some milk and blend for a minute
3. Add half of your banana/s and blend
4. Add other half, more milk and blend
5. Top up with preferred amount of Milk and use the lower speed if it has one.
6. Add sugar or honey if the bananas are new (and higher in starch) and enjoy.

Bananas are an excellent source of Potassium, and Tryptophan (which is a precursor to Serotonin) and Tyrosine (which is a precursor to Dopamine) which could help reduce your chances of depression / ease depression.

Its also a great smoothie for after lifting weights.
Not a bad Price either.

Edited by vape_ninja, 07 May 2012 - 04:02 PM.

First Grow, 125w CFL Yielded 60g Dried http://www.uk420.com...1

#306 Sam Semillia

Sam Semillia

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thats kind of what I have for my breakfast everyday, but I have some protein powder, seeds, brazil nuts and berries in there too. If I'm feeling dangerous I might throw an apple or pair in there. Lovely stuff. I'm big into my vitamins and nootropics too. I take quite a concoction with my smoothie in the morning.

I used to drink a large press of very strong coffee every morning without fail. Now I have one small cup and my smoothie and I feel a lot better for it.

What blenders do you guys use as I'm looking for a new one? I'm using a hand held at the mo and its just no fun at 5am before work and a fucker to keep clean. Some of the blendtec ones are nearly 1000. Insane. The market seems to be loads for 30 to 60 and then the high end at 800/900 and not much in-between.

Bad Samaritan

#307 Yevgeny

Yevgeny

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm big into my vitamins and nootropics too.

What blenders do you guys use as I'm looking for a new one? I'm using a hand held at the mo and its just no fun at 5am before work and a fucker to keep clean. Some of the blendtec ones are nearly 1000. Insane. The market seems to be loads for 30 to 60 and then the high end at 800/900 and not much in-between.

I'm also into nootropics,take alphabrain and new mood every day,plus cod liver oil
I've also got a Vitamix TNC (bit on the steep side though :blub: )for whipping up smoothies etc etc
Works a treat for me

Yev
Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

#308 Sam Semillia

Sam Semillia

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

I've been looking for the Onnit stuff, can't find it anywhere in the UK, where did you get yours?

Bad Samaritan

#309 Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Yeah, nice one

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9611 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

I've joined the revolution

:thumsup:

e2a: £24

Attached Files

Edited by Tony Montana, 10 May 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#310 Sam Semillia

Sam Semillia

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Looks like a bargain. What wattage is it? I understand you want at least 400w to crush nuts or ice.

Bad Samaritan

#311 Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Yeah, nice one

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9611 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

220-240V AC 50Hz 500w
1.6L Capacity
5 speed plus pulse
Glass jug

:chef:

#312 Sam Semillia

Sam Semillia

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

Smooth. :wassnnme:

Bad Samaritan

#313 Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Yeah, nice one

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9611 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

I've downloaded a smoothie app on my iPad so will stick a few up if that's alright

Got a few categories, from essential, meal in a glass, weightloss and detox!

This one tickles my fancy, nice and simple to begin with

1. banana
cup all-natural almond butter
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon honey
cup ice

#314 FAI

FAI

In The Ghetto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4819 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Where did you snag the blender T?
I may be daft, but I'm not stupid!

"All other swidlers upon earth are nothing to the self-swindlers, and with such pretences did I cheat myself"

DANZIG - 'I'm not going to waste the autumn of my life on fuckwits and their fuckwittery'

#315 Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Yeah, nice one

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9611 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Sainsbury, they also got a Phillips one in there on offer but my Mrs got the cheaper one lol

I fired the fucker up earlier,, got some go in it I'll tell ya

I'm 15 stone at the moment, going to try and loose a stone! Im not fat, I'm just the wrong height for my weight :wassnnme:

T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users