Quiet fan recommendation - 6 inch

johnnyneuro

I have a DR90 grow tent and use a cheapo 6 inch oscillating fan for air circulation - but it's too noisy.

Any recommendations for a quiet fan? I'm not going to spend a fortune, so under £50 or thereabouts.

Thanks!

For 50 quid you won't find anything very quiet. Even fans twice that price can be quite loud. You can sometimes find cheap off brand EC fans on scAmazon, sort of an AC Infinity knock off. Brogachi is a brand I've spotted on there recently. Can't vouch for the brand myself but they're about half the price of a any other EC fan so might be worth a punt it's scAmazon at the end of the day, so sending it back if it's naff should be easy enough. 

• Like 1

AC Cloudray S6, Gen 2 ... 59.99 ... a bit over your budget, but it is worth the extra

Pretty good, still starts to get noisy, ish over 5 but quieter than Gen 1 and most fans I've come across 👍

• Like 4

I'd go with the Gen 2 AC Infinity Cloudray S6 oscillating fan, they're whisper quiet but they are £60

Can't comment on any others, I've had knock off one's on Amazon in the past but they don't last long and found when oscillating they begin clicking and not that quiet

• Like 1

The S6 with the EC motor looks the premium choice, but is tricky to find at a reasonable price (for me) including P&P. 

The MeacoFan 360 has the Quiet Mark from the Noise Abatement Society - no idea whether that's a real thing or not.

Any cheap usb fan is a good bet. Hang them on bungee hooks to reduce vibration, and only 5v so unlikely to burn the house down if they fail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

@johnnyneuro  Ledgrowshop 👍

Just see it's out of stock, sorry

It’s because they’re so fkn good. 🥳

• Haha 1

In my bloom tent, I use a downward facing Honeywell Turboforce (big thing!) and a Pro Breeze 6 Inch Clip on fan for under the canopy. I haven't gone for oscillating because they seem to fail a lot and all that grinding is noisy.... I have a spare of the Honeywell in case it fails. Still boxed so far! I like the look of the MeacoFan 360 though - my Meaco dehumidifier is GOAT.

I've used a few USB fans for circulation in the seedling/clone box... they all died after a few weeks/months. I kept replacing them but after a while I got a ELUTENG USB PC Dual Computer Fan 140mm pack which seem to be reliable also. And quiet.

• Like 1

I have these good USB fans i found after trying loads, These have been running ages, quiet and move good air for smaller grow spaces.

1 either side for circulation and one hanging facing downwards on the LED driver to cool the driver and pust the warm air from it down to the plants.

Wardrobe setup

large.20240429_054836.jpg.b0a0e70ce43832977fcb04c4aaa47612.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

It’s because they’re so fkn good. 🥳

Even better when they are free :cheers:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

free

Literally the best oscillating fan i never paid for!

The gen1 ain't exactly bad , mine clicks a smidge but nothing unbearable really..

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Before I bought my Cloudray's, the USB's lasted ages with many years of trouble free running. I'm still using the grey one in the pic below, it's amazing, refuses to die and is pretty damn quiet to boot! :D 

large.4.jpg.b1aa7d8d388ec582d67c86e6fbd7791c.jpglarge.7.jpg.0dae4436d2bdda424bd93ce659830dee.jpg

• Like 2

On 30/04/2024 at 13:19, Military Grade said:

@johnnyneuro  Ledgrowshop 👍

Just see it's out of stock, sorry

in stock today

• Like 1