dead, brown tips to leaves?

disco survivor

Need some help peeps.

Getting dead, brown tips on a few leaves but not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've turned off a couple of circulation fans and pointed the others away from the plants as I didn't know if they were causing damage. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

large.tentgrow1.jpg.14ddd2250511c17cdf80862f7eba534a.jpglarge.tentgrow2.jpg.4757790709816472b4c472cb2cfe233b.jpglarge.tentgrow3.jpg.2cfe849f0703899521d8a6fca07f49e1.jpg

It will help with diagnosis and the best action to take,

if you can supply us with a few more bits of information.

What are your lights on and off temperatures and relative humidity?

Are they in compost or coco?

How long have they been in those pots?

How much light are they getting and how many hours per day?

It looks from the photo above that the lightest(Yellow) parts are near the centre of the space,

which makes me think it might be that you’re giving them too much light,

but that’s a guess at this point :) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

It will help with diagnosis and the best action to take,

if you can supply us with a few more bits of information.

What are your lights on and off temperatures and relative humidity?

Are they in compost or coco?

How long have they been in those pots?

How much light are they getting and how many hours per day?

It looks from the photo above that the lightest(Yellow) parts are near the centre of the space,

which makes me think it might be that you’re giving them too much light,

but that’s a guess at this point :) 

Atb

☯️

Thank you for the quick reply. 

Temp in the tent is around 22 degrees C during the day and 19 degrees C at night. The extractor fan is set to come on at 25 degrees C.

Lights are on an 18 hour on and 6 hour off cycle.

Plants have been in the large pots for about 2 weeks now.

growing medium is a peat free compost base (Westland New Horizon) with the addition of vermiculite  and sterile soil.

Humidity is around 60% - 65%

The yellowing plants have been moved from the outer edge of the tent to a more central position so they were yellowing when at the outer edge of the tent but not now.

Plants have been given water, not looking to feed them until I flip into flower.

large.tentgrow4.jpg.b46abd7aec2f72d82c05538067df0f40.jpg

And I keep my extraction on all the time , have u got an inlet ???

• Like 2

Roots are too cold , compounded by the less than suitable compost id imagine (new horizon is in my top 2 bad peat frees)

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, disco survivor said:

Plants have been in the large pots for about 2 weeks now.

27 minutes ago, disco survivor said:

Plants have been given water, not looking to feed them until I flip into flower.

They're cold as has been said but after two weeks they'll be running out of food from the compost too probably.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Killuminati7 said:

And I keep my extraction on all the time , have u got an inlet ???

Utility bills are killing me at the moment so couldn't afford to have the extractor on all the time. Don't have an inlet fan yet but plan on getting one before the summer.

11 minutes ago, disco survivor said:

couldn't afford to have the extractor on all the time.

That's possibly just about OK in veg but only if you're opening the tent one or two times a day so some fresh air can get in and replenish the co2.

18 minutes ago, disco survivor said:

Utility bills are killing me at the moment so couldn't afford to have the extractor on all the time. Don't have an inlet fan yet but plan on getting one before the summer.

It's not your extraction. If you are growing with LED, which I assume you are, then temps need to be 30c at least. Do you find that when you open the tent, the plants are huddling together to keep warm? That tent looks large to me and I can't see any floor heat for the roots.

My 4 girls are in an 80cm x 80cm x 160cm tent. I have 2 tube heaters and a heat mat and just get to 30c.

Edited by Larry Badgeley

13 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

temps need to be 30c at least.  That tent looks large to me and I can't see any floor heat for the roots.

Temps with led are perfectly fine at 25c so his are a little low, no need for 30c.

Roots are almost certainly the problem, too cold and they can't take up nutes hence what's showing on the leaves.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, stu914 said:

Temps with led are perfectly fine at 25c so his are a little low, no need for 30c.

Roots are almost certainly the problem, too cold and they can't take up nutes hence what's showing on the leaves.

Ok at 25c?My mistake Stu. It can stretch to 30c though can it?

• Like 1

Because it hasn't been mentioned yet I thought I'd just add that maybe the roots are a little too cold?

:bag:

• Haha 6

Temps are on the low side for veg, but imo that wouldn't cause what you're seeing. I think they just need feeding and a little less light... also check the PH in your soil (and the calibration of your meter)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1