CBD for Anxiety

SeaJay

Hey all

What's the best way to take CBD? I've tried vaping but it's a bit of a faff to get the isolate into liquid form, and I've recently bought 3000mg full spectrum CBD oil that you drop under the tongue. First time I took it, I felt relaxed, but since then, practically nothing. And it ain't cheap. 

Am I doing something wrong, is there a better way to do this, and if you use it, how does CBD affect you?

Thanks all. 

i think it's snake oil on it's own, might help when mixed with thc in bud, but it's been a bit of a con imho

i grew CBD Crew's Nordle, i love it, but i think that's because it's just not very strong as opposed to the CBD content

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, SeaJay said:

Are there CBD only, plants you can grow, or do they all have the over the limit THC allowance?

AFAIK you need a licence even to grow non-THC industrial hemp. So no legal route without a licence from the Dept of Agriculture. I read somewhere that Paul McCartney has a licence for his farm...

• Like 4

Flower or dabs is the best form for me, Mixing it with a little THC works great combined improving the medical effects of the THC.

And yes there are loads of strains that have less than 1% THC.

I've been using all kinds of forms of CBD and CBD/THC mixes since 2016, CBD is also good at countering the long term effects of THC use on the brain.

THC being enhanced by CBD and vice versa is something couldn't imagine being without now tbh

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bill cooper said:

CBD is a con IMO, you’d be far better off cropping your plants late for the CBN.

That's like replacing a pain killer with a sleeping pill lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

@SeaJay, according to the UK gov web site:

Cannabis is a Class B controlled drug listed in Schedule 1 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001 and in the Misuse of Drugs Designation Order 2015.

If your company or organisation want to cultivate industrial hemp you need to apply for a controlled drugs domestic licence.

If you are a new or existing grower read our hemp factsheet for information on the licensing process for industrial hemp.

Licences for industrial hemp are generally valid for 3 growing seasons. The licence only allows for the industrial use of the seed and fibre, which are non-controlled parts of the hemp plant. The licence does not allow for the use of the flowers or leaves (‘green’ or controlled materials).

Similar rules in other countries too. The big boys have it all sewn up tighter than a gnat's arse.

• Like 1

CBD works great if you grow your own, because it takes a much bigger dose than these little tincture bottles say it does. I make it in 250ml bottles and take a teaspoon at a time.

• Like 2

I grow 1:1 plants occasionally and think they are nice for the mellow effects but I have not noticed any benefit that I don't get from standard weed apart from its just a bit weaker 

• Like 1

I bought a tub of cbd gummies in the states once that fucked me right up

i was a jittery mess for hours lol dont know if it was the sugar/fake sugar or whatever else was in it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MySoulIsMine said:

I grow 1:1 plants occasionally and think they are nice for the mellow effects but I have not noticed any benefit that I don't get from standard weed apart from its just a bit weaker 

The problem with most 1:1 strains is the levels of CBD are too low, couple that with the lower THC and its not a great experience.

Growing separate CBD and THC plants can give you Double the strength of both and then you can mix them together in different ratios and having much higher % potentials:yep:

I replaced tobacco with CBD flower so my blunts are ramed with higher % CBD and then I still put in the same amount of high %THC weed I normally would, much better than your average 1:1 strain.

I've not tried a 20%+ CBD/20+ THC 1:1 strain but they might come close.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 5