• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 mart

mart

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:57 AM

Over the last few months i have gathered a lot of kief using my crystal catcher and have made hash using various methods which turned out quite well, but was wondering if there is anyway of making oil using just the kief?

One of the methods i used to make hash doesn't seam to have been mentioned in any of the forums:
Heres a brief discription (i shall post some pics over the next few days to help explain better!)

ONLY TRYED WITH MAYBE 2GRAMS OF KIEF AT A TIME!!!

Collect kief using a crystal catcher.
Turn on oven to 180 ish.
Take cellophane off a 10 pack of fags and fill
Work this round at bottom of cellophane then roll up into a sausage shape then sellotape closed.
Take a sheet of newspaper and rip a length about 4" wide.
Roll up the kief pagage in the newspaper and fold boths end to close the pagage and cellotape closed.
Next soak the package in water. make sure its very wet (kief is protected so really soak it untill the paper is all wet)
Place on small baking tray in top of oven.
Leave 10 mins....
Remove from oven and use rolling pin appling as much pressure as possible to compact to package (keep turning)
Do this for as long as you can (maybe a couple of mins)
Place in freezer to cool down for 20 mins.
Unwrap (you will need scissors)
You should have a small peice of hash, dark in colour like it should be and smokes a treat.
If you don't end up with a dark hash i think it's down to not being in oven long enough or 'rolling pined' enough.

Hope you enjoy!

#2 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:02 AM

yes you can just use kif to make oil

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#3 mart

mart

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the reply.
How much will i need and what method would be best??

#4 FAI

FAI

In The Ghetto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4819 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

What I would do is use some iso alcohol and use this to dissolve the hash in.
You won't need a lot, just add a few ml at a time until all the hash is dissolved.
Leave the alcohol to evaporate and then you will be left with oil.

How much oil depends on how much hash you start with.
I may be daft, but I'm not stupid!

"All other swidlers upon earth are nothing to the self-swindlers, and with such pretences did I cheat myself"

DANZIG - 'I'm not going to waste the autumn of my life on fuckwits and their fuckwittery'

#5 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:37 AM

Hi mart
well the way i would do it would be the B.H.O run
and the amount of oil you get is all about the quality of the kiff
say 14g of kiff will give you a few grams of oil

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#6 FAI

FAI

In The Ghetto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4819 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:38 AM

Hi mart

BHO run with the trim surely??

"All other swidlers upon earth are nothing to the self-swindlers, and with such pretences did I cheat myself"

DANZIG - 'I'm not going to waste the autumn of my life on fuckwits and their fuckwittery'

#7 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:41 AM

Hi mart

BHO run with the trim surely??

i dont B.H.O trim me :no:
only buds or kiff :spliff:

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#8 FAI

FAI

In The Ghetto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4819 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

HMT, please can you tell us how you BHO your kiff? :wink:

#9 mart

mart

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for all the replys.
I shall save some more kief and have a go.

Do i put the alcohol in a dish or one of those cafatierre coffee pot things?

Sorry for all the questions but i don't want to waste good kief by getting it wrong.

#10 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Hi fresh
i just use i pipe same as most peeps i got the 3 pipe one from a certain web site
the trick is dont pack the tube to tight :wink: or better still pack it with buds and kiff :yep:
if you use good quality bud in your tube you could end up with budder or paste at the end :smoke:

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#11 FAI

FAI

In The Ghetto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4819 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

Hi fresh
i just use i pipe same as most peeps i got the 3 pipe one from a certain web site
the trick is dont pack the tube to tight :yep: or better still pack it with buds and kiff :smoke:
if you use good quality bud in your tube you could end up with budder or paste at the end :ninja:

Thanks for that HMT :wink:

#12 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4100 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

also adding extra coffee filters on the bottom of the tubes also helps keeping it nice and clean :wassnnme:

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#13 grobag

grobag

Eccentric Class ROU

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

I personally don't see the point in oiling kief/resin powder. If it is a decent quality resin powder then you will only be changing it very slightly. Depending on the amount you are using, you are likely to to lose a bit in the process, making the whole process uneconomical. If you've already got resin powder, I'd say just press that up into hash. When oiling it, you are only getting rif of the actual resin heads themselves which are a negligable proportion.

If you do decide to have a go then it doesn't really matter what method you use, however, a coffee pot or something similar is most likely to be the most economical. If you think basically that you have a powder which you are trying to remove the outer casings of. Powder is very fiddly to work with, plus you are working with small quantities (unless you are lucky enough to have loads of resin powder), so a container in which you can sit it all to steep before pouring through a filter will be best. In a tube you will have lots of excess space and the gas/liquid butane will blast straight through, blowing around all the powder in the process. The main component however is the filter used after the resin has been exposed to the butane. This is where you'll extract the casings in which the resin resides. The oil will be dissolved in the butane and any remaining solids will be the resin heads themselves which you want to filter off using paper coffee filters.

Like I say though, if you have the resin powder extracted already then I see that as the end of the road and you want to then concentrate on the cannabis you removed that resin from for oiling rather than the resin itself.

:guitar:

That's just my view though.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. - A Shulgin.
Hippy Alchemy Posted Image
NOBs

#14 mart

mart

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for the advice 'grobag'
I smoke quite a bit so get a good quantity of kief to play with.
I have already made various types of hash and enjoyed the different 'smokes' and now want to make oil so i can mix it with some dry kief and make a different sort again.

I won't be doing another grow for a while so won't have the 'trash' to make the hash but do have plenty of kief so why not experiment.

Any other ideas are always welcome..

#15 E C S

E C S

Bad Mother Fucker

• PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

What I would do is use some iso alcohol and use this to dissolve the hash in.
You won't need a lot, just add a few ml at a time until all the hash is dissolved.
Leave the alcohol to evaporate and then you will be left with oil.

How much oil depends on how much hash you start with.

you will need a lot more than a few ml's. i made a thread asked the very same question about a month ago

Edited by E C S, 30 October 2007 - 07:44 PM.

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."
Carl Sagan

Kief and oil: 4 grams from 1 oz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users