LED lighting for DR60

Drea_x

Can anyone recommend a decent LED light for a 60x60cm space? 

I've only ever grown with HPS lamps in the past and all these LED specs are confusing the shit out of me 😵‍💫

I'm really limited with space atm (hence the DR60) and want to get the most from my growspace as I possibly can. 

Advice from anyone experienced with LED's would be amazing. 

Thanks! 

• Like 2

All I can say is go for something around 150w with a decent spectrum and a dimmer on it for when you are vegging.

Something like the Vipraspectra 1500 pro is about £200 unless you shop around. Just have a look what deals are about, sometimes you can get a bargain. The Omega Spectra is another option, it's more powerful but just dim it a bit or there is something like the Grow the Jungle, they do a 150w called the Jackson (also in 250w).

Like I say plenty of choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Viparspectra XS1500 pro, that's probably a safe bet and won't break the bank.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Thanks, will check out Viparspectra and Omega lights, hopefully I can find myself a bargain somewhere. 

Good to know I should be looking for something around 150-200w 🙂 

• Like 1

The grow the jungle ones are cool man, spanish company. My mates got one, although don't do what he did and buy it on Amazon, you get slapped with a big tax bill lol

One of the major led stores online has got them at the moment in stock.

• Like 1

I've just had a look at the Jackson by Grow the Jungle. That's the winner right there!

Gonna order one this week (not from Amazon) 😅 

• Like 1

The Jackson is potentially more affordable and will certainly do the job, but the XS1500 pro is a better light. It's a wee bit more efficient, but more importantly the spread of light intensity will be far more even with the XS. If you check the par maps you'll see what I mean.

• Like 2

Perfect, the XS1500 PRO could be the one then. I want my little space to be as productive as possible. Thanks 💚

• Like 1

Yeah considering they're both more or less the same price the XS is a no brainer. I just spotted a used one on fleabag for cheap, but of a punt, I'd be para it'd a sting or something lol, but it could be a bargain.

Also, if you're looking at lights on eBay be careful, lots of fakes on there, nearly bought a fake lumatek atis 200 the other day lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

The big river site still has a £30 off discount on the XS1500 PRO making it only £169

I bought a rosin press from ebay, it ended up being faulty, after loads of dicking about the seller finally said they would replace it, I waited and it never came so I contacted them, they said it will take 30 plus days as it's coming from China, I waited over 30 days and still didn't arrive, so I contacted them again and they didn't reply, I tried a few more times still no replies.

I ended up contacting ebay and they said its been over their 30 day help T&C's.

Looked like the sellers know this and are free to scam people when things are faulty and need replacing,

Moral of the story don't buy anything expensive from ebay unless you're prepared to lose all your money.

Amazon has way better support.

Rant over lol

Is this anything to be concerned about?

"If there’s a case filed on a PayPal Credit transaction, we’re required to report a ‘Query’ to the Credit Reference Agencies at the time of reporting the status of your PayPal Credit account. This ‘query’ marker will stay on your credit file for the time the case remains under review and after the case is resolved."

sorry mate, no idea. I simply contacted them when ebay said no and they instantly refunded me. Twas only about £50 but still.

• Like 1