grow tent zips are noisy?

David Attenborough

When I open up the tent the big plastic zips make a hell of a racket, I might be a little para over this but if neighbours heard it they might wonder WTF Im unzipping? Noise wise its very quiet in my house, my tent is silent but outside the window the street is also quiet but busy with people going about their daily lives, standing chatting etc, am I being over cautious or do you guys know a way to make the big zippers less noisy? I was thinking maybe waxing them up with beeswax?

• Like 1

Cough really loud when unzipping, that will fool them, ffs……

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It could be one of those foldable material wardrobes which basically look like a grow tent for all they know. Your just get clothes in and out if anyone makes a comment, not that it should be any of their business anyway. Wouldn’t worry too much 

• Like 1

Bee's wax helps a little, just rub a stick of it up and down the zip.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Cough really loud when unzipping, that will fool them, ffs……

Ah yes, the commando way

• Haha 2

Can you hear your neighbours making noise as loud as unzipping a tent? If you can then you have seriously thin walls. A bit of Vaseline or unzip it slowly

• Like 1

Unless you got paper thin walls, you should be OK. It's about the frequency of the sound and decibels and distance, I got a loud zip on mine and had the same concerns and live pretty close to my neighbours .... however they don't here a thing.

Your neighbour is more likely to hear the vibration of your fans if they're not suitably padded, if needed ... like putting your extractor on the floor or shelve where the frequency of the motor can travel through to your neighbour through the floor.

If you have got paper thin walls, then you're fucked .... better move :woot:

1 hour ago, handysmoker said:

If you have got paper thin walls, then you're fucked .... better move :woot:

...... or spend money on Soundproofing. A proper job will cost about £2000 (for an average terraced internal wall) for a 14cm stud wall and the acoustic material. Techsound filler and acoustic plasterboard

3 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

...... or spend money on Soundproofing. A proper job will cost about £2000 (for an average terraced internal wall) for a 14cm stud wall and the acoustic material. Techsound filler and acoustic plasterboard

If its not brick in between nowt helps,am in montage with wall on my neighbours bedroom ,got 20cm of isolation and i still hear them,like pin drop at night, splashing water unziping crap am pretty sure they know lol 

I was so pissed by the sound i ditched tent, best worked just opening a lil bit a put a fat winter cap over zipper when you pull it

54 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@Herbal Kint

We have just done this soundproofing. Can't hear the twat next door. Has changed everything.

I spent round 200 on 20cm styrophoam so fair play,this did nowt lol