Propagation Seedling LED Grow Light Query

Hi everyone🫡

I hope we are all safe and well and thanks for looking in 👍

Time for me to move on from the old T5 propagation/seedling light to a LED propagation/seedling light 🤩

I’ve been using the old T5 for some time now, have P45 redundancy cash burning a hole and decided to treat myself.

Anyone have a recommendation for a LED propagation/seedling light for a small 600mm x 400mm area and maximum of 12 seedlings.

Full spectrum and dimming would be good.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Ionbeam S11, Full Spectrum Led Grow Clone Light Bars, Samsung LM301H EVO, 11-Inch

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Ionbeam S11, Full Spectrum Led Grow Clone Light Bars, Samsung LM301H EVO, 11-Inch

Thank you MG will check them out 👍

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, inceywinceyspider said:

You could just get new bulbs for the t5

That would be the sensible thing to do, however, I ran out of sense a good number of years ago🤪

It's a want rather than a need🤫

And I can try to justify it to meself by donoating the old SB T5s to the local young person community growing club 🤔

I'm lucky in that I don't have a wifey, husband, partner etc... to  whinge at me for buying it😮

How ironic, I'm thinking about moving from led to fluro for propagation lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, MindSoup said:

How ironic, I'm thinking about moving from led to fluro for propagation lol

I was just about to hit the Pay Now button on a LED light 🤣

I will re-evaluate and think about it, have a smoke and wait 24 hours...🫣

DIY is the best for cost and upgrade/scalability. I wouldn't spend much, save your money for a decent flowering light if you haven't already. Avoid any light with deep red, IR etc, they will initiate flowering over a certain amount of time. T5 is 6500k colour, so aim for any light or diode strips between 3500-5000k. Secret Jardin do a mini LED seedling T5 replacement from memory..

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, PabloAcuario said:

I was just about to hit the Pay Now button on a LED light 🤣

I will re-evaluate and think about it, have a smoke and wait 24 hours...🫣

Give it a go if you fancy a try, plenty of people use them, I just think both have their pros and cons.

2 hours ago, inceywinceyspider said:

You could just get new bulbs for the t5

You can't buy them anymore.

I swapped my T5s with the maxibright propagation light. Nice spectrum and quite powerful for what they are - no dimming though.

• Like 3

Secret jardin (or whatever brand) led bars perfect for seedlings and cuttings, 25w or something 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Slippy One said:

DIY is the best for cost and upgrade/scalability. I wouldn't spend much, save your money for a decent flowering light if you haven't already. Avoid any light with deep red, IR etc, they will initiate flowering over a certain amount of time. T5 is 6500k colour, so aim for any light or diode strips between 3500-5000k. Secret Jardin do a mini LED seedling T5 replacement from memory..

+1 bridgelux eb gen 2 strips are basically free at this point. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, GSZZ said:

You can't buy them anymore

??

see them listed all over the place online? 

• Like 1

Full spectrum sounds great but I think it's a waste on something just for seedlings, in fact like Slippy says you're better off missing far reds. I got one of those Lumi Black 100w lights, it's got no dimmer and no red in there but my seedlings are no where near it and they've not stretched like I thought they would being so far away from the light.

Might be a bit bigger than you're looking for but go for a spectrum like that is the point I'm getting at.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all the help, support and ideas👍

I've done the DIY LED option in the past.
Which was interesting and rewarding . At the moment I just haven't got any time and I need  one asap🤨

Apparently accourding to politicians worried about their majorities and not getting in at the next election....  I can't retire and should be working until I am 102 🤣 It's been 30 years since my last job search and interview so that is taking up all my time. When did getting a job get so complicated and time consuming 🫣

And to be honest, after not being out of work since I was 16 I have suddenly beccome a lazy b*gg3r and so this time it's off the shelf for me.

To my embarrassment I think I've been seduced by off the shelf marketing and advertising.
Currently, I'm kinda in lust with the one from the Dublin and AC Infinity Ionbeam S11

It's not going in a grow room. Just in one of those plastic fantastic, four tier mini greenhouses in the spare/box room🤫

• Like 3