Fan speed while harvesting

Twiki

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's worth turning the extract up to full speed whilst harvesting? or just keep the extract at same speed? 

I never used to have to worry about the smell, but I'm in a more built up area now and need to make sure I'm not stinking the street out!

Thanks...

• Like 1

I would full power it mate. As long as you are not worried about the extra noise caused from the increase in fan speed.

I always do this myself as a safety measure. Probably not needed, but I always worry during harvest.

Cant hurt to take extra precautions.

• Like 1

I actually turn the extract down after the first couple of days hanging. Remember you are aiming to dry your weed slowly over at least 14 days to ensure we don't ruin several months of work by trying to rush the dry. As long as you have negative pressure in your drying space you'll be all good👍

• Like 4

I turn mine onto lowest setting and no circulation fans on and I go buy the vpd keep it between  0.70s to 1.04ish witch is an ideal rate of drying to get that 14 days plus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whilst harvesting or trimming i turn the fan up, But while it's actually drying i have it on the lowest setting unless my max humidity parameter has been triggered.

• Like 7

Ill leave it on full first day or two until smell is gone a bit then lower fans , fck terps if i loose all my bud due smell leak lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cheers fella's

Appreciate the quick replies.

I was just intending to turn up whilst chopping down and a bit of trimming! I'll keep it on lowest speed possible after that.

Been a while and just wanted to make sure it's better pulling the air quickly through the filter! I'll slow it down to just negative pressure when done. Thanks again 👍

• Like 2

@Twiki  Chop and hang. Trim it when it's dry is not only the way (IMO) to get the best weeds, but if you're bothered about smell during harvest, will be the least smelly.

• Like 5

Are you in a tent? Sounds like you want to whack up the fan to clear the room you are in?

• Like 1

Yes mate! In a tent and will be chopping and drying in the same space. So gonna whack the fan up whilst chopping, and slow it back diwn to achieve drying temps when done!

Fans off completely for at least a week. Watch the temperatures.

To avoid dubious odours

large.20240420_121755.jpg.ffaa9d3ae05e677f1b530058a02f1531.jpg

BOOM

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

Sorry @Lux_Interior but that is terrible advice to be giving. Don't do this anyone. Your house will reek and your door will go in very quickly. And if it doesn't your buds will be tainted from bubblegum spray

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

Fans off completely for at least a week. Watch the temperatures.

To avoid dubious odours

large.20240420_121755.jpg.ffaa9d3ae05e677f1b530058a02f1531.jpg

BOOM

Probably one of the worst cases of bad advice I’ve ever seen on this site :russian:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Your in a tent so you don’t have to worry about no bubblegum tainted weed lol 

• Like 1