Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mrsmokealot

Help!

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I imagine you're all getting sick of all my posts by now lol! Honestly I spent best part of 6 months researching pretty much everything now iys come to the actual real thing I feel clueless! But basically I've started my grow seeds popped just waiting for them to sprout however my issue is that my flat is very very cold normal night time temps don't usually pass 15 degrees and i just simply can't afford to constantly have my heating on 24/7 I've purchased a oil filled radiator (700w) now my grow tent is tiny 2x2x4 as i need this grow to be stealthy as possible due to tent being so small im wary about having it inside the tent now i know a 700w heater won't be enough to heat my entire room but do you think placing it beside my tent facing the intake vent would be sufficient for now as a quick fix? Any advice would be appreciated! 

1 person likes this

From what your saying any help is better than none :yep:     A heat pad / mat may be a good shout.     Even a heated bed blanket ,  place it under the tent so it stays dry - very cheap but effective.    

2 people like this

Just now, OldFord said:

From what your saying any help is better than none :yep:     A heat pad / mat may be a good shout.     Even a heated bed blanket ,  place it under the tent so it stays dry - very cheap but effective.    

Thanks for the tip mate! So I'm assuming the heat pads will slightly raise the temps? At a push i can get temps to about 18 degrees without heating on so i only need a few more degrees to reach the ideal temps for germination 

What light you got ? 

HpS running 24/7 should be fine inside. 

Heat Mats with a probe in your pots too 

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Jack? said:

What light you got ? 

HpS running 24/7 should be fine inside. 

Heat Mats with a probe in your pots too 

Just a 120w (actual watt) led yes I'm gonna grab a heat mat already got a probe 

A couple of tube heaters inside your tent will work wonders with the heat from your light.

You may find that the heat mat doesn't come on until lights off, as it will probably be warm enough, especially if you can thermostatically control the oil rad outside your tent next to an intake mesh.

Edited by QFMAC
1 person likes this

I've got a little 500w oil red in my little 80cm×80cm tent. It's hooked up to a inkbird monitor so it doesn't get to hot.

It's doing a great job and my tents are semi outside ( in a little lean too type extension) freezing.

1 person likes this

Have you thought about upgrading light,I mean your drawing 750w heating on 120w light if am getting this right?

Maybe 250 w hps or dimable lumatek that you switch between 250/400 or 600w? It would rase Temps and I guess upgrade your yield,I'd keep clf and led for summer

1 person likes this

did you turn your light on?

mystic

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

did you turn your light on?

mystic

I did turn them on lastnight had them on 50% and temps were a stable 22 degrees so I'm thinking of just keeping lights on during the night and just having the heating on low during the day having the lights on shouldn't affect them breaking the soil should they? Probably a silly question but I'm a proper noob lol

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Herbal Kint said:

Have you thought about upgrading light,I mean your drawing 750w heating on 120w light if am getting this right?

Maybe 250 w hps or dimable lumatek that you switch between 250/400 or 600w? It would rase Temps and I guess upgrade your yield,I'd keep clf and led for summer

My lights one of them generic Chinese ones still a decent light though realised I didn't have the full power switch on turned it on and temps went up to a nice toasty 22 degrees so the radiators been relegated to the shed lol

49 minutes ago, Mrsmokealot said:

keeping lights on during the night

As your in the Autoflower section, you can leave the light on 24hrs. Its what I do from seed to flower.

mystic

3 people like this

Hi @Mrsmokealot, welcome home, I too have a very cold flat , I've got an oil filled radiator with a thermostat control, I've put a box over radiator that's only slightly bigger, put a hole at top of box with ducting going into bottom corner of tent, passive induction is enough to pull the hot air from radiator into tent, and as rads covered by the box it's only coming on enough to heat the box and not the room , hope that helps and good luck with your grow, ditching the dealer is always an excellent thing :)

4 people like this

@Mrsmokealot and don't ever worry that asking questions is going to piss people off, this site is full of people with good knowledge that they are only too willing to share, myself included,  and I don't know much, and I've certainly learnt a lot, mainly due to people's like your goodself asking questions  that the knowledgable people answer so please keep asking those questions  :)

2 people like this

@Mrsmokealot

22 degrees? Not warm enough. 28-30 more likely. Your roots will be colder than 22. When you water your soil will never get warm enough to keep them roots toasty. 

I know you have a 700w rad, 1 or 2 40/60 watt tube heaters and maybe a heat mat (20w) would be far more economical than that rad. I have 2 80w tubes heaters in a 80cm x 80cm x 160cm and it's fine.

Edited by Larry Badgeley
5 people like this