Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, bartman said:

Likewise, doctors do not risk everything they have gained academically by growing cannabis in the UK illegally.

Anyone can post some random pics of the inside of a grow tent.

I call bullshit.

Doctor ~ maybe

Illegal grower ~ my arse.

Doctor, yes. Cannabis cultivator, 100%. I love what I do and my hobbies are up to me, I take some serious precaution to prevent getting caught, I have been growing for a number of years and nobody has caught on.

18 hours ago, The Pharm said:

As THC, CBD, THCA, THCV are psychoactive compounds they bind to receptors in the brain which produce the desirable feelings of 'being high'. 

Dug it out for you pharm, is this a mistake ?? Is THCA psycoactive ? Not THC the psyoactive compound which does get you high ? Apparently CBD could be after a bit of research.

5 hours ago, bartman said:

A placebo can treat symptoms, its been tested. 

5 hours ago, bartman said:

Now tell me how many extend that ultra private activity to joining a forum and posting pics of their supposed grow.

The joke is on us here imo. 

Hands up who believed this bollocks.

This forum in anonymous, I have security by protecting my identity. There are numerous hospitals all over the UK, plus, the pictures I post do not show anything which could identify me.

4 hours ago, Saddam said:

In your case it's  Phucking Horrible Dickhead. :D  

With all due respect, get a life. 

3 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

I'm certainly not confused in any way, cannabis is a surprising plant which is capable of treating some conditions, although clinical evidence on this subject is extremely low, doctors are limited on who they can prescribe this treatment too and if they were to treat it irresponsibility questions will be asked. 

So how do you explain the way in which certain states and Canada have legalised its use medically through dispensaries? It’s been widely reported that issuing of cannabis prescriptions in the UK has been dreadfully slow. From what I’ve read it’s due to this overarching need for NIHR clinical trials and a lack of training. Alfie Dingle’s plight forced through its use as a medicine, yet he has only recently been issued a repeat prescription. 

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Dug it out for you pharm, is this a mistake ?? Is THCA psycoactive ? Not THC the psyoactive compound which does get you high ? Apparently CBD could be after a bit of research.

Come on mate, give him a break. You now say it's possible CBD could be psychoactive after more research when you stated it wasn't earlier. Nobody is perfecto! :) 

4 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

what about for treating the co-morbidities of autism? i find it really helps the IBS

IBS is linked to endocannabinoid problems, although the research isn't there, its logical to assume it would help certain severity's of IBS. 

11 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

6 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Come on mate, give him a break. You now say it's possible CBD could be psychoactive after more research when you stated it wasn't earlier. Nobody is perfecto! :) 

Thats kinda the point nervous !

Yesterday you were both academic gods who shouldnt be questioned or you get called redneck southpark numbskulls........... but today your human like everyone else !

My work here is done :cowboy:

Edited by LA LUNA
3 people like this

4 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

@The Pharm what reasons/effects do you think people use it for recreationally?

One word. Escapism, for the same way people drink.

2 hours ago, Saddam said:

Cannabis is bad for you but I'll happily prescribe you some branded opioids, benzos, amphetamines, and SSRIs. :russian: 

Those drugs when used correct, have clinical benefit. Its known as weighing up the benefits over the negatives.

5 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Thats kinda the point nervous !

I can say with certainty he's not claimed to be perfect. If he's not responded already it's because he knows you're just waiting to go "AH HA! SO IT ISN'T" which is a bit of a trap. 

Plus, my point was it's an easy to overlook fact as it becomes psychoactive so very easily and you'd never find a isolated THCA concentrate. I often say "organic" refferring to indoor growing - but it ain't. When I'm talking about indoor cultivation - it's easily overlooked. 

Edited by Nervous

I wouldn't trust any doctor, or scientist, that claimed anything about the human brain was a 'fact' how can any knowledge about it be 100% when there is still so much that is unknown about the organ? Surely any conclusion about the brain must be untrusted until it's fully understood ? Look at the litany of 'scientific' fuck ups from the last century, I'm sure there were plenty of experts that claimed thalidomide was safe.

2 hours ago, LA LUNA said:

@Nervous i know your a science head and i do have a lot of respect for medical professionals, but........ just because somebody has a head full of knowledge and the certificates to prove it doesnt always mean they are right. Research of medical cannabis in the uk is seriously shit, america for example a few years ago found that cannabis can be really helpfull (medicaly) for IBD (chrones and ulcerative collitis) now when my wife who has had UC in the past has mentioned that to our GP he sniggered as if to say another one fuckin hell, but we have found that my wife is in remission since she started taking cannabis again after 5 years off (when the UC started) 

Now i like our GP and trust him with our families health BUT he cant take these claims seriously because there is no scientific evidence to prove that cannabis helps IBD sufferers.

My point is and probably the same as others is if a GP registrar like @The Pharm comes here and says things like "cannabis has a limited medicanal value" and "people should get hobbies to make them happy instead of recreational cannabis use" oh and lets not forget confusing the damage caused by cannabis use and smoking then hes going to get a bit of flack !

Just because cannabis has been poorly researched by the medical community because it always been treated as a dangerous drug and not a potential medicine now that big pharma is involved the research is starting and in 10 years time we will notice a massive change.

I think you have said in the past your a nutritionist ? You hang around here so im presuming you enjoy getting smashed, dont get your knickers in a twist because everybody isnt agreeing with the self proclaimed PhD registrar doctor gp dude who is sticking to the NHS line that that cannabis has very little medicinal use...... lots of people think it does and a lot more research needs doing !

If you decided to get the relevant education to be able to backup those claims then by all means go and do so. Cannabis doesn't have the research to sow concrete evidence that it serves as an explicit treatment for anything, the research for epilepsy is still in the early days. I am sorry to hear your wife is in remission, but don't take it out on us.

I mentioned I was a GP for my foundation years, I then progressed to an A&E registrar.

1 hour ago, bartman said:

“What is believed to be a fact is only a fact until another fact supersedes it. Science is only a fashion. Nothing more.” 
― Robert Rankin, The Book of Ultimate Truths

@Rex Mundi had this quote as his sig for some time. I like this quote.

You couldn't be further form the truth.