UV light bars

sweettooth

Any growers using any UV supplementation and how is it working for you?

Very interested

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/07/2023 at 9:34 AM, sweettooth said:

Any growers using any UV supplementation and how is it working for you?

Very interested

Used to be good last 3 weeks of flower 1 a half hours on 3 hours into lights on but haven’t been able to use uv since I moved to viper spectra1500 pro boards unless I hang off wall which with space would seem   Pretty shit no space for uv to get to canopy .peace Goohfy 

• Like 1

Pissing me off to be fair might try and shuffle the boards to make room.Does anyone do a less powerful uv fixture so it can hang closer.peace Goohfy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2023 at 9:40 PM, Goohfy said:

Pissing me off to be fair might try and shuffle the boards to make room.Does anyone do a less powerful uv fixture so it can hang closer.peace Goohfy.

Would something like this fit the sizes needed? They have multiple ways to mount/fit

large.20231031_172655.jpglarge.20231031_172740.jpglarge.20231031_172813.jpglarge.20231031_172839.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Would something like this fit the sizes needed? They have multiple ways to mount/fit

large.20231031_172655.jpglarge.20231031_172740.jpglarge.20231031_172813.jpglarge.20231031_172839.jpg

Yeah they look like they would do the trick going to check them out thanks.peace Goohfy 

• Like 3

nice bars @Military Grade be keen to see their effect.

I'm curious how the led uv lights compare to the uv output of cmh? Come across a few threads where cmh outputs uv-a, b & c where as the uv bars are just uv-a.

I'm toying with the idea of throwing a 315w cmh wide angled horizon reflector between 2 700w leds to get that uv spectrum and a lot cheaper than than the bars my led manufacturer make.

edit- I would need 4 uv bars at about 170 each to cover my 2 led lights

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

interestingly, the lumatek uv bars are 30w

the maxibright ones are 60w (also do far red so maybe why)

wonder how high they go?

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

@sweettooth I use a pair of SolarCure (UVB) T8 lights which are 60W each but not LED. They are also the best part of a metre long too but hang either side of my Quantum board light. You can see them in this pic at the top

large.Week4-veg-UV.jpg

They really do work but are quite powerful.

I use them even in veg - just for 15mins each "day" this helps keep internode spacing tighter, gives them a nice green colour and can suppress some pests.

In flower I run them for 15min intervals at "noon" but I slowly increase it until I see any effects (usually no more than an hour) at a time. If you over-do it (and I did at first) then you will start to see some pretty odd characteristics like increased beta Carotene so your plants start going carrot orange and degrading.

Now I try to "tickle" them with the UV and just stress/stimulate them enough so that they create more secondary metabolites without getting battered by high UV.

Your weed won't be "stronger" as such but it will be "terpier" and I found an increase in anthocyanins so the weed was purple too and distinctly more "medical". Not a silver bullet by any means but worth a try if you have everything else dialled in.

• Like 7

@DeltaMelter that's awesome stuff, I'll check those out, could be a cheaper alternative. it's the terps I'm after, done a few runs that have been super strong but just lacked taste.

• Like 3

interesting comparison, I know its from 2022 but looks like uv florescent is better output than led uv

• Like 2

now thinking 3 of the migro uvb units across my 1.5 x 3 area, either side and middle of leds.

looks like I can also keep my spider mites at bay using uvb

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, sweettooth said:

interesting comparison, I know its from 2022 but looks like uv florescent is better output than led uv

Gas lights vs electric diodes, gas will beat LED, I also believe the gas lights produce a wider spectrum of UV light over LED too.

I went for the AC ones as they are just more convenient for my setup. But they won't be as good as gas but do make a difference still.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I finally got round to it, pretty easy to setup

I have them set to level 5 and to come of for 2 hours each day, i'll use this as a baseline to go from depending on any negative effects.

The setup

large.20231219_224616.jpg

The app page

large.20231219_224723.jpg

Edited by Military Grade