How old are your genetics?

Amnesialocal

Hello everyone,

For those with vault or fridge boxer or lucky place.

Can you mention some? Maybe something you are considering actually to run soon or later?

Are you not courios to figure it out how much we can back on time?

As I will loose I can start:

Green Man Genetics - Cooked in Madrid

I can't remember Jack Herrer/ WW/ SSH

12years ago. Fridge with the intention to run it in the future.

What's about you?

• Like 1

I’ve got some Oldtimes and Lot #5 from OT1 that are about 15 years old.  Probably will try to run a pack next year after some scarification and soaking! :cowboy:

• Like 8

I've got, I think, 3 Oldtimes beans and pack of original release B-Lines. Both Ot1, probably about a decade old. I might even have older seeds. I've never had a problem with seeds that old, but I've only ever done a couple. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

I don't do anything bar normal germ methods, usually a soak in water for a bit and straight into medium but my older ones are really not doing much. 

I done one old pack recently and got one from the last 3, not femmed though so who knows. I'll be so glad if it is though. 

• Like 2

I've got a nice little stash of seeds from 5 - 15 years old. The gems in there would definitely be OT1s genetics, unopened Smile, Lots 5, Oldtimes, Smelly Berry and Smelly Berry bx. I know Ugorg are a bit taboo around here these days but I still have 3 packs of Blues and a pack of Killer Skunk from over a decade ago. Loads of Ace seeds. A few packs of Rare Dankness stuff that isn't available anymore. And some of Namkhas land races from the Himalayas to North Africa. 

I want to cross Smelly Berry with Pink Panties and call the cross Smelly Panties. 

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Shogun said:

I want to cross Smelly Berry with Pink Panties and call the cross Smelly Panties. 

Brilliant!!!

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 01:27, Amnesialocal said:

Ive got a bunch of dead  seeds in my fridge so my advice is dont wait and grow them as soon as you can.

Edited by Dr feelgood
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

dont wait and grow them as soon as you can.

I really appreciate your advise, very wise !

• Like 1

Probably some about 10 years plus should really put dates on them. Just sowed some golden tiger x smile made by madgiz must be close to 10 yewes and all 11 are up 

• Like 4

Ive only really been growing for 15 years and tended to "buy to sow" in the early days when i should have been getting cuts from my mate and sitting on all the pips i bought :doh:

I have loads of seeds but I doubt many if any are more than 4-5 years old, i feel like there could be a lone pas x mac in the fridge, aside from that the oldest genetics in the tub are probably either vicfirths animal biscuits or whatever the hell i have in the two pot luck subbie vials.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I have some seeds from a Blueberry x Afghani, both from Sagarmatha Seeds that a mate did about 15 years ago, I've been dying to try them but I doubt that they'd germinate.

Edited by Pepe Ramon
  • Like 2

The title is a tad misleading, as most of our genetics are thousands of years old. 🥳

• Like 2

I have a single El Nino seed from a pack I probably fucked up about 20 years ago. Also have some of the Skunk#1 that were given away at the uk420 stall at the canna expo in Telford in 2007 (I presume early subbies?!). I also have a few Kalichakra and Speed Queen from Mandala Seeds (they seem to be in production still!).

I may also have some C99 bagseed, at least that's what they are labelled. I think I might have to try popping some of these oldies so I can either enjoy the fruits and keep a mum or move on...

Edited by iShouldCoCo
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, iShouldCoCo said:

also have a few Kalichakra and Speed Queen from Mandala Seeds (they seem to be in production still!).

Just thinking to saw Kalichakra:)....yes still in production ( and regular)

• Like 2