last Canna intake of the day, how you feel in the morning?

Military Grade

Posted (edited)

Hi, I would love to hear other people's experiences.

Method of last cannabis use of the day?

The time taken?

Time you wake up and total time slept?

How you feel when you wake up?

Reason I ask is I've been hitting the dry herb vape and dabs into early hours each day, but find it hard to pull myself out of bed even after 8 hours sleep lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

These days my last consumption is generally flower a vape at around 2-3 am and it is through a ball vape, most recently a wireless one, and bong. I load a small bowl and take it all in one hit so it only takes a minute or two to finish. I don't like finishing the days with dabs, I find them too intense at the end of the day I want something a bit mellower, but will have had dabs before this.

I wake up between  6-7 am, so generally, I get between 3-5 hours of sleep a night.

I can sometimes feel a bit groggy when I wake up but nothing too bad, I wouldn't even call it a weedover, and it is generally gone by the time I go to make my morning coffee.

I have never needed much sleep during the night though, so this has been a pretty normal sleep schedule for me for most of my life.

On days when I am struggling with pain and can't get to sleep, I will include a cup of very strong AVB milk at bedtime in addition to my vape and this can take me out for a good few hours. If I have had something like this the night before I will sleep till around 11-12 and wake up, with a heavy weedover which can be difficult to shake the next day.

It is not too much of an issue for me as after the last couple of years I have gone into early retirement (I mean I call it early retirement, but it is more like unemployed 😂) so if I ever get tired during the day I just take a nap.

I sometimes feel it is the wake and bakes which are the worst as they sort of just bring you straight back to where I was the night before. I have recently been trying to wait and have my first smoke as late as possible and this is helping a little.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately I wake up most days just now at around 4:20am regardless of consumption. I can feel pretty woolly for a few hours if I’ve overdone it with oil the day before. 

I do try to avoid late night consumption if I can as I think it negatively impacts my sleep quality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, green_machine said:

I load a small bowl and take it all in one hit

Nice 👍

I can sometimes feel a bit groggy when I wake up but nothing too bad, I wouldn't even call it a weedover, and it is generally gone by the time I go to make my morning coffee.

I'd say i'm pretty much the same, once up and moving for about 10 mins i start to feel a bit more normal (what ever that is lol)

I sometimes feel it is the wake and bakes which are the worst as they sort of just bring you straight back to where I was the night before. I have recently been trying to wait and have my first smoke as late as possible and this is helping a little.

You're right there mate, when my mate is on early shifts i tend to end up going for a session early from getting up, them ones always hit harder than are even sessions. 

The last 3 years my avgrage go to sleep time ranges from 5am-10am and wake up times 1pm-3pm, i hate it but its been so long it feels impossible to shake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yan said:

I do try to avoid late night consumption if I can as I think it negatively impacts my sleep quality. 

I think you're probably right there mate, it seems to effect people differently, either helps knocks you out or keeps you awake, We seem to be a keep awake side :cheers:

• Like 1

Still looking for that elusive strain to shut my brain off and stop thoughts…

I had wondered if you were a late nighter or an early riser when I see your 5am posts whilst I’m having my morning coffee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I vape pretty much all day until just before bed, always wake up feeling great. I have sleep issues, like waking 2-3hrs before the alarm, but this is mostly work days, as I have no problem rolling over until 9-10am weekends. I find calming wind/ocean sounds help me return to sleep if waking early, and always watch boring space documentaries to drift off to. :D 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I don't smoke anything within 2 hours of going to bed, I take capsules about 19.45 and usually go to bed somewhere between 22.00 and 22.30, I sleep soundly for about 7/8 hours and I feel well rested the next morning. 

ETA; When I was a tobacco smoker I would always smoke my final joint in bed, sometimes I'd wake up with the ashtray in the bed with me. The worst thing for me was vaping, it just got me too high to sleep. 

Edited by Pepe Ramon
  • Like 1

I can’t sleep unless I’ve consumed enough that day and right before I sleep. Im trying to reduce my tolerance. Yesterday I decided to try just the one before bed I slept because I was so tired but woke after a few hours sweating and anxious it was horrible. 
I love edibles before sleep and waking up stoned lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Method of last cannabis use of the day?

Cocunut oil in a Hot Chocolate with a joint

The time taken?

About 10.30 pm after the lights come on and I've finished watering

Time you wake up and total time slept?

6 hrs usually but I go to bed when I'm tired, I choose my own work hours so it varies.

How you feel when you wake up?

Medicated until about 10 am - means I don't reach for the vape / spliff right away.

I have been doing this for about a year and other than the diabetes I'm fine! I'm worse in the mornings and my IBS is worse then including pain and spasms etc so getting medicated overnight really helps.

Edit: Until I started growing I hadn't made my own edibles but I strongly encourage everyone to do it - like reducing smoking and vaping instead its another harm reduction route and gets you medicated in a different way too. Good if you have a high tolerance like I think I do.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm fine if I vape before bed, as in right before bed which could be any time at the minute. I'm usually hammered though so I doubt the weed would make much difference. I don't like doing edibles before bed as I wake up feeling shit.

• Like 2

If I haven't just put out a J before going to bed then I'll usually roll one to have once I'm under the covers. I go to bed when I'm tired and I usually sleep for about 6 hours or so unless I've pulled a rollover in which case it might be a full 8-10. How much I smoked or when I last smoked the previous day doesn't really seem to make any difference to how I feel waking up, I've never been a morning person, but if we're at the MILs I don't smoke at all and feel more or less exactly the same in the morning. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is quite interesting how it effects us all differently. Probably proof about how our Endocannabinoid systems are each slightly unique.

Last night(about 6am really) I hit my dab pen right before going to sleep, I ended up waking up 2 hours later and found it hard to go back to sleep, I managed to get back to sleep after an hour but its been broken sleep all the way through.

Apart from my groin injury hurting I just feel heavy tired feeling atm.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

2 Magnesium By-Glycinate

1 Joint and 1 glass of milk to wash it all down.

Usually do this about 11pm and in bed by midnight, as long as I get 7 hours I will function. Anything less and I really struggle to motivate myself until lunch. Walking the dog usually helps.

The magnesium helps me get off to sleep and I've bought a pair of "Loop" ear plugs and since buying I havent woken up at my usual 4.30am... That time on the clock will always haunt me.

Hope it fixes itself.

ATB

• Like 1

i usually have a vape from 7-8pm and wake up around 7, not including the mandatory couple of times for a piss lol

feel pretty good in the morning, but then i quit booze recently, so any day is better than it used to be lol

• Haha 1