Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Professor_X

Poorly seedlings

Hi, I've got some auto seedlings seedlings on the go but one is looking rather poorly and the stems on two of them have grown wonky thanks to the heads getting stuck in Root Riot cubes. The two on the left are Gelato (Fastbuds), two grapefruit on the right. RR cubes kept most with weak solution of Formulex, under 2 bars of T5 sat on trip of propagator.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it/them? TIA :)

large.C4CDC1A6-A51D-4A53-AF64-F0B93F19F75B.jpeglarge.77E1D5A0-B22A-48E8-82F4-52E3A4B4FA20.jpeg

Edited by Professor_X
Spelling

Possibly overfed. They are big enough to pot up, use seed compost and don't feed them. Seedlings can afford to lose a leaf or two.

2 people like this

Anyone?

It's only one out of those four and it's not affected the newest leaves . How's it doing now? If the new growth is still looking healthy maybe there's nothing to worry about.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't worry pot them up to 10/15l pots and keep them watered, without overdoing it.

I have a girl scout cookies auto that grew wonky leaves initially... now fine even after my daughter flattened her in week 4! 

Good luck!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

It's only one out of those four and it's not affected the newest leaves . How's it doing now? If the new growth is still looking healthy maybe there's nothing to worry about.

I think it's ok, potted them into 8cm pots, still under T5. They all seem to have taken to the pots as I'm sure they're growing.

1 person likes this

The rusty brown spots are from water forming on the leaf and then getting burnt by the light. Have they any fan blowing over them? The weird leaf shape might be genetic or maybe low humidity. I never worry about stuff like that, I've seen some right weird shapes before. As long as they keep growing it's fine

Kc

2 people like this

3 hours ago, KC said:

The rusty brown spots are from water forming on the leaf and then getting burnt by the light. Have they any fan blowing over them? The weird leaf shape might be genetic or maybe low humidity. I never worry about stuff like that, I've seen some right weird shapes before. As long as they keep growing it's fine

Kc

This seems likely as it's only on the one plant which is growing. No fan but they're in a little Bay6 prop/mum tent with extraction so there is some air flow.

I was thinking of putting it out in the garden and see what happens but the sunshine ends tomorrow :/