Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GrowingViking

Growingviking returns! 2020 Let’s Grow!

125 posts in this topic
14 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

@Ccs141 From experience yes i can recommend it, if your auto's are fast growing then yes, newer auto strains are a lot better these days. Bend them from when they have developed their 5th leaf set onwards and you should be good. As for yeild, bit hard to say, but yes i do think you pull more weight personally, more light on the whole plant in general. I pulled 6oz from an auto last year which had been trained/LST'd, biggest auto yield so far. I'll be LSTing again this year same as every other year.... :magic: i love it!
All the blessed in your season!
One Love :yinyang:

Hey man

its been quiet on here because I’ve been bean sprouting but we’re almost ready to drop them in the soil!

I shall be growing:

RGS - LemonadeOGxFreezeland - 8

Urban Legends - Gorilla auto - 1 (‘Twas a freebie, looking forward to another auto in the mix)

Mephisto Genetics - 3bearsOG - 2

MG - Forgotten Cookies - 1

I did LST on a couple of the plants on my last grow, worked really well on the G13 Pineapple Express I grew, will definitely look to be doing the same again this year on a couple! 

2 people like this

Yeh always get that excited feeling this time of year when the magic beans are ready to go in , this year im doing zkittles and THC bomb autos in the greenhouse all will be done bye the end of august . Also will have Gorilla bomb and Kush bomb fems outside in pots , timed the autos to finish just in time for when the bomb fems to go into bloom and have their turn in the greenhouse protected from the elements .... As always use a dehumidifier and a fan , and plenty slug pellets ;-)

2 people like this

On 26/04/2020 at 5:24 PM, GrowingViking said:

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to be back on here and journaling my grows again. This is my second attempt (first was 3 years ago) and cannot wait to get started. Let’s grow! 

Here’s one of the beauty’s from last year.large.F6D4E491-62C2-437F-91C9-96F08CFCE285.jpeg

How the fuk did you pull that off without your neighbours knowing dude? Think I'd be a bit para window all those windows on show.. good job :)

2 people like this

On 27/04/2020 at 3:46 PM, GrowingViking said:

Cheers. Looking back at it I’m not as happy as I was back then. Definitely go for shorter bushier plants where I can this time. 

also yes the neighbours were sound! Fortunately it sat just below the fence line as you can see here. large.E2A74FDE-5820-44FC-A844-C66D1FB92948.jpeg

Certainly looks a bit more out of sight in that pic.. did they not smell it though being so close?

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Revive said:

Certainly looks a bit more out of sight in that pic.. did they not smell it though being so close?

Just lucky I guess! Still pretty obvious though I suppose haha. 

certainly in the mornings the plants would kick out a pong.

Didn’t receive any complaints! 

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Bodidley said:

Yeh always get that excited feeling this time of year when the magic beans are ready to go in , this year im doing zkittles and THC bomb autos in the greenhouse all will be done bye the end of august . Also will have Gorilla bomb and Kush bomb fems outside in pots , timed the autos to finish just in time for when the bomb fems to go into bloom and have their turn in the greenhouse protected from the elements .... As always use a dehumidifier and a fan , and plenty slug pellets ;-)

Sounds good there big Bodidley! Keep me posted. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, GrowingViking said:

Just lucky I guess! Still pretty obvious though I suppose haha. 

certainly in the mornings the plants would kick out a pong.

Didn’t receive any complaints! 

Deffo a cheeky lil mission that 1 lol

2 people like this

Bit of an update

everything now in baby pots as all seeds have sprouted. 

3bearsOG is the first one to break soil. 

large.AA6E147C-1862-49F8-849D-94729ADF2916.jpeg

7 people like this

Looking good @GrowingViking do you think lst increased your yield 

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, Ccs141 said:

Looking good @GrowingViking do you think lst increased your yield 

I think I was lucky to get anything from my last grow haha! 

From what I’ve read, watched and heard about it definitely gives you more room to create big cola’s but I wouldn’t say that’s a guaranteed yield increaser. I think as everything in a grow is so variable there’s really no ‘one’ trick rather a good balance of everything and what you find works for you. 

what it does help though is lowering but widening your canopy (if you keep on top of it) which helps if you want to be discreet. Or not so discreet as above haha! 

1 person likes this

Has anyone experience using this before? Any advice?

large.A08EE8E0-949A-4453-8EB2-D5098456E9F8.png

3 people like this

Hi @GrowingViking. I’ve a similar set up to you this year I think. I’ve always done the gorilla grows but have now a bit of a garden and going to try a little plastic green house. Any tips on dealing with the fluctuation in temps and humidity? 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Billynobuds said:

Hi @GrowingViking. I’ve a similar set up to you this year I think. I’ve always done the gorilla grows but have now a bit of a garden and going to try a little plastic green house. Any tips on dealing with the fluctuation in temps and humidity? 

Truthfully mate with the little plastic ones I found it’s more a game of keeping that condensation off them. 

Keeping dry is the name of the game for me this year. Last time I was out almost every morning opening up the greenhouses, shaking water off left and right, giving the plants And everything else as much time in the sun as possible to dry off before plonking them back inside. 

if you have a shed available it could offer some additional warmth for any cold evenings we have. 

I’m considering even digging a spot at the top of my garden and chucking one plant in just for the fun of it. 

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, GrowingViking said:

Truthfully mate with the little plastic ones I found it’s more a game of keeping that condensation off them. 

Keeping dry is the name of the game for me this year. Last time I was out almost every morning opening up the greenhouses, shaking water off left and right, giving the plants And everything else as much time in the sun as possible to dry off before plonking them back inside. 

if you have a shed available it could offer some additional warmth for any cold evenings we have. 

I’m considering even digging a spot at the top of my garden and chucking one plant in just for the fun of it. 

Thanks for the heads up on the moisture. I was hoping to try and keep the buds as dry as possible, due to always loosing a lot to rot. Was thinking of a small solar fan for air movement but that’s not much use at night. Might try a towel on the inside of the frame at night, worth a try.

You should definitely plant one in the  garden, just for the outside vs undercover comparison. 

1 person likes this