Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jay

Picking a Mum

Hi Guys, I have been Reading up endlessly on @Owderb and Budlaires grows diaries and today i dipped my plums in and went to my semi local grow shop and bought all the recommended GA nutes, Coco, Bluelab EC truncheon and ph pen etc etc, I bought myself some UGORG Footloose, I normally use Fems so dont have the worry of males,  This time round i need to find a good mum out of the lot, 1 from blues and one from Footloose, I can see myself messing it up, how do i go about this?  firstly having to sex them and then selecting a mum, i dont know where to start, Any pointers?

6 people like this

Plant your seeds, kick out the males, take a clone from each mum and flower the clones. Choose your best performer to keep for more clones :)

6 people like this

I sex the plants, clone the females and then flower the seed plant

Owd

11 people like this

+1 @Owderb:yep:

What better way than to dip into the fine threads on the boards mate and start learning the proccess of selection and sexing plants...its all here :) 

Farmer G 

10 people like this

1 hour ago, Owderb said:

I sex the plants, clone the females and then flower the seed plant

Owd

So i can clone a clone? sorry im dumb when it comes to this Thanks Owd you're a growing legend! 

1 person likes this

Yes you can clone a clone although if possible its best to keep a small Mum because some strains do degenerate after time.

Owd

6 people like this

My friend runs an unknown strain mum, its cloned off a clone off a clone off a clone, hes had it for about 7 years if not more, its definitely lost vigour over the years and quite slow in veg.

Nice flowers though !

1 person likes this

You dont pick A mum...a mum picks you .. ..:starwars:

Sorry I got here late ..all the legit/helpful comments wer taken lol

11 people like this

Yes clone it if possible and carry on with the seed plant into flower. You can take a clone just as you switch to flower. Even a week or two into flower if needed.   Keep the clone of your favourite plant, Throw the rest or grow them and flower them.  

Thanks Everyone for all the replies, I really appreciate it! Cant wait for this grow, @Owderb especially has made me see where i have been going wrong even though i have had good results. its all about environment and ive just bought myself a new 10" EC revo fan and controller to get termps bang on point! The other half is going to kill me :argue: better me than the ladies i suppose :rofl: Thanks again one and all and Happy new year!

You can keep cloning and cloning and cloning. If they get a bit of a mess you can usually pull em back to good health with a few nice runs of retaken clones. When the mother starts getting a bit woody I usually start a new one. I've got a white widow here from nirvana seedstock that's about 20 years old now. Still stinky and vigorous. Plenty of cuts around much older than that too. 

7 people like this