Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

starfish

Tight funds

44 posts in this topic

Make a wish list of strains (finishing time.mold resistance and so on) then try to match what you want with your funds.

The problem will be doing everthing outdoors. That raises the likelyhood of failure. Just don't put all your eggs in 1 basket if possible. All the best Starfish

Edited by skidmarx

HFH are good value and well suited to growing in the UK. Grew some Royal Dane this year, has a very unique smell and interesting motivational high.

13 hours ago, growitandsmokeit said:

HFH are good value and well suited to growing in the UK. Grew some Royal Dane this year, has a very unique smell and interesting motivational high.

Yeh mate had a look at hfh and also kc beans but hopefully av got something sorted now what yield did you get off the royal Dane and when did they finish 

@starfish another way of doing it is to enter some online grow dairies come the start of some seasons certain breaders on here are like herre dude ill chuck ya some seedage all ya got tood is do a grow diary. Ideal, for those on a budget , this year i enterd a few one turned hermie on my self due to the lighting schdule i wasin my cab vegging on 20 4 then bunged it in my green house, in aprial when it was still really 16 8 outside.  i sepnt in total about £30 this season as i had major heart op mid season in august. How ever thanks to @panik for some decent seeds (100% germ rate and take off ) at reasonable prices heres a pic of some purkle i grew that finished off mid to end ocotber i got just over a 0z and a half. Not bad for first out door season and off 1 plant

large.image.jpeg

Imo, having a small budget shouldn't mean deviating too far from the standard grow plan. Ie, fem seeds, early finishing, sufficient nutrients and protection. You just need to scale down. You are more likely to pull in a harvest by buying 6 fems from somewhere like rgsc for like £30, buying a couple of rolls of chicken wire from wilkos for £10 (if that), a box of fbb for £5 and some cheap potting compost and a few starter pots and bamboo caines. That's about £50 all in and has the potential to give you a lot of weed! Fuck buying loadsa cheap regs and either cross pollinating the girls or nothing finishing. Especially if it's your first time outdoors! Keep it simple, tried and tested... Your biggest challenge will be starting them outside without casualties. Even a windowsill would be massively better. Without a light you will have to germ them no earlier that mid May too or they will prob flower straight away and then re-veg.. Which you don't want. Good luck

3 people like this

On 13/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, starfish said:

Hi guys iv basically got a budget as to what I want to spend on my first grow and it’s £50 ish that’s all I want to spend on seeds I have 4 good plots now each plot is a good siZe which could have the potential to expand but I can’t seem to find some fairly cheap beans do I just invest that £50 into 10 fems or should I get like 30 odd regs or if some one could give me some advice on where to find some really cheap beans I know it’s a huge ask so thanks for any reply’s 

Its already been said I guess without reading all the thread.

Subscribe here! Thats 15 seeds, I got 3 or 4 other free ones also. Lots of choice and some unique seeds that will bring you a keeper or two.

For 20 qiuid, I do not know of any better 'deal' out there.

Of course, tis souvenir seeds so we await legalisation to germinate them :mellow:

Seriously though, great seeds and your supporting the forum at the same hand.

Or subscribe here and spend that 30 quid on some seeds. Spend 45 and get a few free seeds on Attitude.

Best of luck with whatever choice you make.

May your buds be plentiful.

2 people like this

large.IMG_20190817_132535623.jpglarge.IMG_20190817_132539579.jpglarge.IMG_20190817_132143610.jpg

On 10/12/2019 at 10:42 PM, starfish said:

Yeh mate had a look at hfh and also kc beans but hopefully av got something sorted now what yield did you get off the royal Dane and when did they finish 

I got around 4.5oz from 3 plants. They finished end of August around 51 lattitude. No mold, they have a very open, some would say airy, sativa bud structure. A long cure seems to have made them stronger and brought out a more stoney high.

Edited by growitandsmokeit
4 people like this

@growitandsmokeit hey have a look at the last post in the random thread guy stumbled across an old plot picture he put up looks very similar to the last picture you just put up almost like he found the left overs of your plants :mellow:

@starfish another idea you might consider is running one or 2 regular autos and try to hack some auto seeds for next year.Not many auto breeders sell regs,presumably so they can keep the prices inflated but they are out there and making your own means you can sow a load next year without fear of monetary loss.Goood luck whatever you go with and make sure you read the auto strain thread.

:lucky:

Gumbo

Looks a similar to my plot but isn't mine. I harvested them and chucked the stems in the bushes

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, growitandsmokeit said:

Looks a similar to my plot but isn't mine. I harvested them and chucked the stems in the bushes

Not the same cages anyway,.. 

HFH have always been known for airy based genetics iv only ever seen a couple decent strains from them, Sugar leaf as Bad Penny calls it,..

On 15/11/2019 at 7:51 AM, monkeypig said:

This makes no sense at all, however you look at it. No sense at all:taz::)

Pretty sure it's a typo

large.temporary_zps198c52b8.jpg

HFH sugar leaf lol. Not the best pretty easy to grow. No mould, light sprinkle of pound shop fbb at plant out. Cage was recycled mesh I found cost £0. Grow itself. Less than £30 and got 6 plant about 3oz a plant. 18oz dry no mould for £30 Cant complain with that. Where else can you get 18oz for £31? A few places to be honest but you can't complain at that price. :P

Edited by brock1
2 people like this

On 21/01/2020 at 11:17 PM, rainy rock said:

@growitandsmokeit hey have a look at the last post in the random thread guy stumbled across an old plot picture he put up looks very similar to the last picture you just put up almost like he found the left overs of your plants :mellow:

He had less luck than Git&smokeit inasmuch as the whole of each plant was there, (dried brown/black buds included) so he had abandoned them.  I thought the cages looked quite tight and tall (against deer no doubt) and, if it was mould which made them not worth harvesting, I wondered if the small mesh, narrow, tall cages could have contributed. 

Was out plotting / prepping at a third, different, site yesterday and though no sign of humans there for years loads of deer prints - I saw a couple as I explored the plot the day before so cages will be essential but I am planning larger mesh, wider cages with a sleeve of small mesh at the bottom against rabbits.