Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
highway_017

Sick Plants - NPK / PH

My plants aren't happy and I don't know why

I'm using

- 10ml tomorite mixed with 2l water every two to three days
- liquid seaweed now and again, as foliar spray, sometimes with neem
- 10 liter pots filled with organic peat based soil and perlite.

Photos

large.20190909_220316.jpg
-
large.20190909_220323.jpg
-
large.20190909_214817.jpg
-
large.20190909_220348.jpg
-
large.20190909_215441.jpg

1 person likes this

@highway_017

Are they drowning?

What lights are you using?

1x 150w (actual 70w approx) for 3 plants?

Are they too cold in the root zone?

Edited by Kipper420
2 people like this

Running out of food and not enough light, so probably cold too.  I'd also be surprised if 2L is enough to saturate a 10L pot.

2 people like this

So just hungry? @FatBoy77 that's a relief, and seriously 2 liters not enough?. figured that was plenty, so in that case how much water is right?

Also, @Kipper420No don't worry, only an idiot would use it for 3 plants, I'm using it for 5 plants lol

I'm trying to get a 600w HPS for thiis space, I'm going to use that to flower them, and I've been doing a normal
wet and dry cycle so I don't believe they are drowning, I water every 2-3 days with 2 liters each 10l pot.

I don't know if they rootzone is cold, I don't have any in the way of heatmats so probably.

14 hours ago, highway_017 said:

My plants aren't happy and I don't know why

I'll have a guess

No need for perlite

I'd use a proper food made for cannabis(why wouldn't you) and fill the pots

Cold is a possibility but a tenner spent on a hygrometer will clarify this

You should water/feed till saturation and run off

You do realise that when you flower they are going to stretch, maybe 2,3, or even 4x what they are now

Owd

1 person likes this

@OwderbThank you for the reply.

If you could please have a look at my diary, it explains my set up much better.
I included all the information I could over there, If you like I can include it here
but I'm not sure which is better, Cheers.

In your diary you say you think you were foolish to start them. Sorry to say this but I agree with you

What you should do is set the room up before starting to grow

You need good air exchange for a start or they won't flourish and they will be susceptible to rot and all sorts of problems especially under a 600w

You are also going to have to train or chop some of the size off them to manage them

Owd

2 people like this

@Owderb I thought I would been able to do outdoors, but I wasn't knowledgeable enough and it didn't work out, I didn't start seriously, or even
really believe they would grow to this point, I had just germinated a handful of seeds I had lying around, of course during that time I have became a bit
more invested in it all and done a lot of research I spend lots of time reading on here diaries.

I never thought I'd have reached this point with them regardless I'm very proud of them, they look like great plants in my unexperienced eyes, they are
so tall because they spent some time in a greenhouse before being moved indoors a month ago I had planned to finish them out there but they outgrew it
and it was getting destroyed by our hard winds unfortunately, the top of this room is 8ft or 9ft I can't remember actually but it's very tall I can't hope to reach it
I can postion them over at that part and put the smaller regular sized ones that aren't pictured in the sick plants photo where I have the big ones right now.

I don't regret starting them, I'm on the cusp of getting everything together now I will be able to get extraction set up within two weeks give or take
so I'm trying to remain postive and it's working it was reckless - foolish - retarded but I don't think I regret it but I won't do something like this again, life lesson learned.

1 person likes this

Thank you for the replies, so general consensus is not enough food?

not enough light is a given but I'm trying my best to get them the
equipment they need, I remain postive for end results.

Perhpas instead of lolipopping it would have been more suitable for my space and situation If I had instead taken the top
half of the plant away but I thought that was the most vigorous and also planned to flower them a lot sooner hence
the height of them, It's been a bit of a circus but I'm very proud of them they have done well despite lack of what they need.