Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJJ

What's everyone's take on TopMax?

40 posts in this topic

As per the title, what does everyone think of TopMax?  I'm using the Biobizz outdoor try-pack at the moment but I've only been using the fish mix and plan to use the bloom soon. However, I have a bottle of TopMax and was unsure whether or not to bother with the stuff.

Is it likely to complicate things or does it really help with flower production?  I'm Happy not to use it if it's really crap.:unsure:

I used it for one grow and didn’t notice any improvement in bud size. I stopped using it as a lot of folks were saying it badly effected taste. 

2 people like this

Just now, Timbuds373 said:

a lot of folks were saying it badly effected taste. 

That's good to know; thanks.  I do like my tasty bud.

But for me it's gone the other way seems to of improve terps and Iv been running same plants a while now I was on plant magic ot but wasn't really happy after few years so tried bio bizz...iv gone with the full range tho heaven,vera,algae top max fish,grow,bloom...I seem to be geting denser smellier healthier plants...there all pretty cheap apart from the heaven that's pricey...having the grow and fish is a bit pointless for most but I like to have both the fishmix is half fish half sugar beet molasses and the grow pure molasses I think...so I use fishmix in veg and then the grow in flower if need a top..it just means  got more options as have 10+ different strains  all feeding different and the additives really seem to help keep my stress plants&mothers in better shape ...be interesting to see what others think maybe it could be better with leaving the top max out... @Timbuds373 did you stop using it a few weeks before end? I just use it around 2-6week of 12/12 when rapid bud forming happening

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I used it on a few grows many years ago, I didn't notice any increase in size or a change in the taste of the buds, so unless its been changed I wouldn't bother.

Edited by H + H2O
Autocorrect on phone
2 people like this

Dont rate the Topmax at all to be fair.

Fishmix is great...biobizz recommend using fishmix throughout the veg cycle then changing to grow through flower...i have never done this my self but thats what they recommend.

Farmer G 

3 people like this

Just now, FARMER G said:

Dont rate the Topmax at all to be fair.

Fishmix is great...biobizz recommend using fishmix throughout the veg cycle then changing to grow through flower...i have never done this my self but thats what they recommend.

Farmer G 

:yes:

3 people like this

5 hours ago, HEMPFRUIT said:

But for me it's gone the other way seems to of improve terps and Iv been running same plants a while now I was on plant magic ot but wasn't really happy after few years so tried bio bizz...iv gone with the full range tho heaven,vera,algae top max fish,grow,bloom...I seem to be geting denser smellier healthier plants...there all pretty cheap apart from the heaven that's pricey...having the grow and fish is a bit pointless for most but I like to have both the fishmix is half fish half sugar beet molasses and the grow pure molasses I think...so I use fishmix in veg and then the grow in flower if need a top..it just means  got more options as have 10+ different strains  all feeding different and the additives really seem to help keep my stress plants&mothers in better shape ...be interesting to see what others think maybe it could be better with leaving the top max out... @Timbuds373 did you stop using it a few weeks before end? I just use it around 2-6week of 12/12 when rapid bud forming happening

Hi @HEMPFRUIT the time I did use it, I used it to the end of flower. Thanks for sharing your helpful experience. 

Interesting video. Sounds like a sales pitch though.  I was planning to use fish mix throughout flower instead of grow.  Jury's still out on the Topmax though.  I couldn't possibly stretch to Bioheaven - possibly good stuff but at that price forget it. :unsure:

Just now, JJJ said:

Interesting video. Sounds like a sales pitch though.  I was planning to use fish mix throughout flower instead of grow.  Jury's still out on the Topmax though.  I couldn't possibly stretch to Bioheaven - possibly good stuff but at that price forget it. :unsure:

I've never used anything other than grow bloom and fishmix myself mate

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

I've never used anything other than grow bloom and fishmix myself mate

That's good to know @Jimboo.  I didn't really want to unnecessarily complicate things anyway.  May I ask you: Do you see any advantages whn switching from fish mix to grow in the second week of flower or do you think sticking with fish mix all the way through will do just fine?

Just now, JJJ said:

That's good to know @Jimboo.  I didn't really want to unnecessarily complicate things anyway.  May I ask you: Do you see any advantages whn switching from fish mix to grow in the second week of flower or do you think sticking with fish mix all the way through will do just fine?

I used to alternate each feed mate fish mix then grow then fish mix .Until I saw that vid then copied the vid,  never noticed a difference fishmix all the way will do fine.mate,  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, JJJ said:

I was planning to use fish mix throughout flower instead of grow. 

I do this, have done many times, sometimes I'm getting plants over 4oz per plant so it can't be that bad.

e2a, I don't rate topmax at all, or bio heaven for that matter. Just fishmix and some seaweed extract when young is all I use

Edited by ratdog
2 people like this

Just now, Jimboo said:

I used to alternate each feed mate fish mix then grow then fish mix .Until I saw that vid then copied the vid,  never noticed a difference fishmix all the way will do fine.mate,  

Just now, ratdog said:

I do this, have done many times, sometimes I'm getting plants over 4oz per plant so it can't be that bad.

Thanks fellas.  That's just what I wanted to hear.  Should save me a few pennies and a headache.  Nice one...:thumsup:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

e2a, I don't rate topmax at all, or bio heaven for that matter. Just fishmix and some seaweed extract when young is all I use

Oh, and this... I guess simple is best...:yep:  Thanks for your help with my recent issues by the way mate.  It sorted things out big time.  Doubling the fish mix has really got things going.

Edited by JJJ