Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hopsarecannabistoo

running out of Ideas

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

4th grow and 1st time with autos, pretty much making different mistakes all the way through, same as every other time. Always hit 1gram/watt but doubt I will this time, still, its an adventure. 

Edited by rabbit69
Wrong words
1 person likes this

No idea if it would make any difference at all. But micro/grow/bloom is hydroponic nutrients ain't it all chemicals and stuff might not be so good in compost. Just a guess I have no knowledge or experience to form an opinion lol. Not trying to offend or anything please don't take it that way but you sound a bit like a number cruncher I think dwc would be ideal for you and tbh I think it's easier I'd be terrified of doing a grow in compost me if something goes wrong I can't just drain the tank lol

When I started ( fairly recent I'm a newbie too) dwc looked scary and complicated and people said your jumping in the deep end start in dirt etc.

But from the few grows and few mistakes since iv learned it's just a bucket nothing hard about it and my plants arnt doing so bad at all I'd say they was absolute monsters if I didn't see some real beasties on here lol

Also forget about yields size etc I think just make it to harvest 

Make notes of stuff you do and when mistakes happen you will have a better understanding of why and eventually won't be any issues at all 

No surrender 

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Hopsarecannabistoo said:

i did the wet dry cycle. and ive worked in photography for years and i still dont understand it lol. same with beer although i pretend i do lol (despite having 11 quals in it i still cant put the theory into practice ) lol and i was told not to pot up autoflowers. 

lol same thing happened with the cghillis i followed the masters instructions to the letter and still didnt get a good harvest lol to the LETTER 

also it doesnt explain whjy my tomatos have stalled. they havnt had anything but water and only when dry. and they arnt even an inch tall and they germinated the same day as the royal bluematic. but they are about 1 and a 1/2 centremetes tall lol 

3 week old tomatos (three weeks from germination. 

znPBKLK.jpg

they have had zero nutrients and a watered as recommended 

ahh well lets see how much i fuck up the photoperiod seed thats just germinated :D

I do the wet dry cycle and it seems to work for me, this is how I do it.

Gauge the weight of the pots when they are dry, when you know what the weight is water them until the water runs out the bottom of the pots, ideally seeps from the soil, not pissing out. Water gently so you don't trash everything, I try to keep it away from the seedling in the early days.  When there is run of, stop.

Leave them be until you feel the weight of the pots lighten to what they were when they were dry. When they are dry, water until run of; keep repeating this cycle.

This is only my third grow but they have always been under LED with multiple wavelengths. My first diary will tell you what the wavelengths are. The height of mine has always been about 12-18" above the plants but that works for my unit and not necessarily yours.

Nutes seen to have been added early. I use plant magic soil supreme and can go at least 3 weeks before adding anything and even then I think they can go without. Previously I've added bytes to around a 6-12 waters over the 12 week period, this differs for others and the strain will likely have a bearing on it.

Nosey at my diaries, they may help or may result in more questions being asked.  Happy to answer any question you may have.

Edited by smoke75
1 person likes this

Thought the point of CFL lighting is that you can get them as close as possible, nearly touching without burning them.

3 people like this

well might as well see it through :) 

finally a sunny 18c day so ive put them out ion the sun :) 

i have ordered new seeds but wont be able to start them till september :) (having a houseguest round in september who is an ex policeman lol ) so i will start the next ones after that :D 

good news! it grew over an inch over night. its started to shoot up :D im trying the tucking in method now :)

ZYvPAul.jpgjSbJHrJ.jpg

Posted (edited)

What do you mean tucking? 

Chuck your ruler away aswell lol

Edited by michaeldbc

4 minutes ago, michaeldbc said:

What do you mean tucking? 

He probably pulls their duvet up and tells them a story

1 person likes this

Baked my head mate lol there's no net 

My advice. Dont look for anymore ideas. If its growing let it be.

Too early for tucking. No need yet.

1 person likes this

I second just leave it be. Don't fuck about with it. Don't touch it. Stop measuring it and dont look at it so much.

She will thank you for it.

2 people like this

ok ok lol im not messing with it now :) my blackberry autois doing really well actually and im not doing anything with it :) 

2 people like this

im happy now and relaxing a bit now i know they are growing im not goign to touch them. lol