Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Reflektor

Fastbuds Pineapple Express LED mini diary (with Q’s)

29 posts in this topic
On 17/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, vortex said:

cracking bit of bud there mate ... the last plant looks like it will give a good ammount too ... coule you give a smoke report  when shes all dried mate ...

Sampled first air dried buds last night, all good news to report, stronger flavour profile than I'm used to with autos - despite not being cured yet. The effects took slightly longer to hit than I expected, but after a couple big hits my teeth started to go numb which is always a good sign in my book :). My general anxiety driven jaw tension also completely subsided.

My TV became fascinating, and images suddenly started looking hyper 3D...

Surprisingly smooth too considering its lack of cure.

Easily the best auto I've tried yet, I'd give it a solid 7/10 - which i expect to rise once the jars are a couple months old.

For anyone else interested, I managed just over 40g dry average on first 2 plants but I also took more trim than usual so hoping for good results with the bubble bags too.

Final plant seems to be going strong still at 110 days(!), Easily the biggest of the 3 so fingers crossed for 50g+ in a couple of weeks .

Edited by Reflektor
1 person likes this

Quick mini update, final plant is still hanging on, remaining leaves looking tired now but new sugar leaf growth is all deep green so can only assume it’s still happy. Not fully frosted up yet but it’s starting to swell up quite nicely. I love the pineapple shaped tops on this strain!

large.7122AADA-E897-41AA-B116-FCBE6F97855F.jpeglarge.ADBEF3EC-36B1-48FE-A53B-2D3DEE44FB74.jpeg

The dried plants are looking good, so satisfying to see the fruits of your labour finally in jars. Lots of lovely frost shining through.

large.BBB860BF-0003-4D9A-B143-A17C0C60D768.jpeglarge.1FB48041-85EE-443E-A90B-75829BC7DC54.jpeg

3 people like this

nice grow and plants look well

looks like the late bloomer will produce some nice bud

would you recommend the viperspectra v450 as a good light

i was thinking of getting myself one

to add to my mars thanks

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, tupacker said:

nice grow and plants look well

looks like the late bloomer will produce some nice bud

would you recommend the viperspectra v450 as a good light

i was thinking of getting myself one

to add to my mars thanks

Thanks. 

Well it's my first LED grow, but I'm very impressed with the rigourous growth from under the Viparspectra. I'm really not sure there's room to argue when you consider the cost is under £100.

1 person likes this

Hey mate very nice grow, I'm about 2 months into my first ever grow with 1 pineapple express auto, i was just wondering if you topped your plant at all because i heard they dont have much time to heal from it, also my plant is tiny atm because it took a while to bloom from seed to veg i think i was over watering it, and then i hit root rot for like a week but pythoff took care of that about 3 days ago.

i want to know if i should top my plant? (not sure how to do it yet need to research it more)

secondly my plant is starting to grow pistils at the top of the plant and 2nd from top branches, its a very small plant with small stems and i dont want it to flower yet, does pistils mean its flowering? will it grow more during flowering stage? not really sure what to do, hope my plant turns out like one of yours, please help! thanks.

Unless your auto is doing extremely well I wouldn't be topping it.

You can top autos but you got to recognise what plants are going to respond well or not so I would say it's a tech only to be used if you k ow what your doing.

It sounds like you've run into a bit of trouble so doesn't sound like your gonna be a candidate for topping this time round.......something to try on future grows perhaps @sky shenron

1 person likes this

thanks blackpoolbouncer, ill give topping a miss for sure then, just hop it isnt starting to flower yet, but she has started sprouting pistils so should i switch to 12/12 soon?

@sky shenron autos don't need changing light cycles. 20-24 hours of light a day you should give them from start to finish.

Most autos start flowering and showing pistils about 3-4 week mark. 

That's why it is imperative you do the best you can with them in the first month.

The first month is building the structure, second month is using what has been built to flower on. 

2 people like this

blackpoolbouncer ohh right man lol i messed up bad then damn pythium and over watering as seed/seedling lol i'll be lucky to get ounce off this plant ):

Great informative thread, Nice buds and and grow setup. Talk about a late bloomer. Can't wait to see how much she gives you.

1 person likes this

Seems an odd question but those spikey pots do anything in particular? Sure I have seen them in a few pics now and was just intrigued, they look cool :P And awesome grow hopefuly mine is as succesful, enjoy the buds! :bong: 

1 person likes this

On 07/12/2018 at 5:06 PM, Rudi said:

Seems an odd question but those spikey pots do anything in particular? Sure I have seen them in a few pics now and was just intrigued, they look cool :P And awesome grow hopefuly mine is as succesful, enjoy the buds! :bong: 

Thanks Rudi, yes, they are airpots, the theory is that the roots grow outwards towards the 'spike' and are pruned naturally when they become exposed to air on the outside of the pot - instead of curling back on themselves and becoming root bound as they would in a standard pot.

I also use fabric pots, and my honest opinion is to choose those over airpots - as I've run several back to back grow and not noticed a difference in yeild between fabric or air, but fabric pots are slightly easier to water - with less of your feed pissing out of the holes as you add it. You tend to have to water really slowy with the airpot, other than that they are great.

Fabric pots do a similar/same job - as oxygen can more easily get to the root structure through the sides of the pot. I've seen large scale commercial garden centres using fabric pots so I think there's something in the technology.

Quick update on final plant - on Day 124(!!). That's right, she's just a couple of days short of heading into her 19th week.

She's looking tired with barely any leaves left now - and those that are left all yellow. To be fair I haven't fed her anything other than water for 11 days now. If I took a guess, she looks just about ready to drop dead. The trouble is, she's also still putting out fresh pistils! I'd say the buds still look a week or two from being ready but I'll check with my magnifier tonight for a better idea. 

I now have a tricky choice to make of cropping 'early', or trying to stretch her for another week or so. She has been flowering now for just over 5 weeks. Trouble is, with Xmas coming up and visits to make I don't really want to be away during the critical drying period..

I'll make my mind up tonight and post a couple new pics.

@Reflektor Cheers for the info :) 

Ohh does sound a tough decision on the last one! Either way you got some nice buds from it though so don't ruin them :P