Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TwistedSaint

Another avid toker just saying hello :)

Hello all! 

Been a massive enthusiast for the herb, for about 10 years (on a consumer level anyway) 

currently looking into growing my own in the near future on a personal level. If I’m being honest I can’t believe it’s taken me 10 years to come to the conclusion I really should be doing this myself!

so for everyone reading this with any experience, you can expect lots of questions you’ve probably been asked over a thousand times as well as some probably really daft ones from me.

Thanks for reading!

1 person likes this

Welcome along mate

Took me a while to pull my finger out too!! Smartest move ever though you save so much £££ in the long run

Enjoy your journey :skin_up: 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TwistedSaint said:

I can’t believe it’s taken me 10 years to come to the conclusion I really should be doing this myself!

Hi and welcome @TwistedSaint! You landed in the right spot - great community here!!

You can't believe it took 10yrs... Would you believe, 28yrs before taking the plunge!! :woot:

:v:

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, bubbly82 said:

Welcome along mate

Took me a while to pull my finger out too!! Smartest move ever though you save so much £££ in the long run

Enjoy your journey :skin_up: 

Thanks for the welcome mate! 

Thats 100% the reason behind it! I can’t justify handing over £200 for an Oz of what’s essentially plant matter anymore. That and there’s strains I’d like that I currently can’t get. I’m still trying to work out the cons of doing it before I do it but I’m struggling to find any that outweigh the pros! 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Slugums said:

Hi and welcome @TwistedSaint! You landed in the right spot - great community here!!

You can't believe it took 10yrs... Would you believe, 28yrs before taking the plunge!! :woot:

:v:

It does seem like a really welcoming and knowledgable place! 

28 years?! Wow, and I thought I was being patient! Haha 

would you say it’s one of the best decisions youve made? 

1 person likes this

Welcome mate.

1 person likes this

welcome mate the only con i have found is you cant tell anyone you know you are growing and when you are ready to crop your like a proud parent wanting to show off the little ones talents lol 

36 minutes ago, doobie01 said:

welcome mate the only con i have found is you cant tell anyone you know you are growing and when you are ready to crop your like a proud parent wanting to show off the little ones talents lol

Thanks mate! 

I have a feeling that part of it is going to be harder than the actual process haha but I am in complete agreement with your advice all the same. I will have to behave like walls have ears lol

1 person likes this

Welcome bud, enjoy your stay.........:yep:

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

yep only one who needs to know you are growing are those who live with you anyonne else just gets told i  have a mate who grows one plant and lets me have an oz from the 4 he gets per grow ect if my bud is ever commented on.

3 golden rules to safe growing :

no smell

no tell

no sell 

all the best buddy 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, doobie01 said:

yep only one who needs to know you are growing are those who live with you anyonne else just gets told i  have a mate who grows one plant and lets me have an oz from the 4 he gets per grow ect if my bud is ever commented on.

3 golden rules to safe growing :

no smell

no tell

no sell 

all the best buddy 

I haven’t even thought of an excuse if ever I was questioned. I think I’d probably use something along them same lines though lol 

definitely using them 3 things as my mantra from now on haha 

thank you mate! Likewise! 

19 hours ago, TwistedSaint said:

would you say it’s one of the best decisions youve made? 

Yup! Much as you say, I should have done it years before!!

Good luck mate! :v:

1 person likes this

Welcome, you'll love it here, don't worry about trying to learn everything all at once, there's just too much info. Try and be a sponge and suck it all up.

Bit of practical advice; if your forward planning your grow its good to be mindful of what you need and when you need it; it can be very expensive buying everything all at once.

Firstly you will need a tent and a light and a fan for intake/outtake, eventually you will need a carbon filter, this isn't necessary for the first two months whilst looking after seedings and the first few weeks in veg but will be absolutely essential later on. 

It's up to you if you want to invest in any propagation materials, some just plant seeds straight into their growing medium, whack a light on n go.

Good luck whichever route you take