Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

prawn

Best Carbon Filter on the market?

86 posts in this topic

I have been using a rhino filter for about 18 months,  do they suddenly stop working or is it gradual ?    any advise would be nice  ,,thanks

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, The Green Lampost said:

do they suddenly stop working or is it gradual ? 

Keep a check on your extract point and once the filter starts to fail you'll get a whiff, always best to have a new one spare for when this happens.

I've never known them to suddenly pack up.

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

thanks stu , i,ve been looking to get one in a sale 

1 person likes this

Ive had a 10 inch Rhino Pro.It lasted me the 3 plus  years ive been hearing how bad they were.lol

When they stop working its instant.

Edited by icki
2 people like this

Rhino pro were always excellent had many 10" 1m pros and they always lasted and worked well. Recently got my first carboair 60. And WOW what a difference even on just a 1500m3 /hr box fan the static pressure reduction is huge. If you're at all confident about your grow don't hesitate buy one!

I can only imagine how good the 100mm bed are......

5 people like this

On 26/09/2018 at 7:54 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

red scorpion for the win, Ive just had to go out and buy a replacement today as my old one finally gave up the ghost after 3.5 years, my 2.5 year old one is getting ready for a refresh but still working grand.

Cant fault them and wouldnt use owt else

Have you tried your new one yet? Is the quality still the same? Need a new one as my rhino pro has done 1 grow and stinks :(

Seen these red scorpion really cheap and struggling to believe that can be that good lol, don't want another like I've just had 

I've used Can Lite in the past which worked well and use a 200x1000 mountain air now. My plants are 5 weeks into veg and smell quite a bit when i open the tent and dont smell anything coming from the exhaust. The real test will be in a few weeks when they're flowering.

I'm very pleased with the Presh filter I've just bought in terms of odour control so far, it's just got me through the last two weeks of a grow and currently drying without a whiff in the bedroom....I'm not so pleased with the increased noise compared to my old Rhino Pro though. 

Shame, Rhino have had so much bad press I wouldn't buy one now....I was very happy with my old one. I've been told the guys that used to do the Rhinos are now doing carboair, Rhino has new owners.

On 12/29/2018 at 6:31 PM, beezee said:

Have you tried your new one yet? Is the quality still the same? Need a new one as my rhino pro has done 1 grow and stinks :(

Seen these red scorpion really cheap and struggling to believe that can be that good lol, don't want another like I've just had 

Yes mate. Running two at the minute. Faultless, bought from the same shop that's been stocking them years and they still reckon none have come back. Couple of friend who work in hydro shops say the same.

They get my seal of approval anyway

3 people like this

Cheers for that @blackpoolbouncer I bought a carboair in the end, but I'll probably pick up a red scorpion as a spare :yep:

1 person likes this

This might be a silly Question but can a cf be rejuvenated by sticking it in the oven ? It's not going to reactivate the carbon but my thinking is its going to dry it out and boil off at least some smell

2 hours ago, Kickstand said:

This might be a silly Question but can a cf be rejuvenated by sticking it in the oven ? It's not going to reactivate the carbon but my thinking is its going to dry it out and boil off at least some smell

I wouldn’t risk trying it, seriously doubt it would be any cop. 

Id need a massive oven for mine lol 

3 people like this

plus it will probably stink out your kitchen when the odors are released/burnt off.

2 people like this

I’ve got 8” phresh silent stealth fan, 8” mountain carbon filter and it’s the best thing I’ve bought the system is literally silent with the acoustic ducting to suit. Got both on eBay for £350 everywhere else was £500+!!

@blackpoolbouncer

the same here red scorpion filter and i also have the extraction fan

been running now for nearly 2 years and not a whiff of the ganjabliss growing

very good fans and filters for the price gets my :yep:

1 person likes this