Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CBDbob

2 lights, 1 tent?

Just wanting to know peoples thoughts on having 2 hps lights inside a 1x1x2m tent? 

I have 2 digital ballasts laying about and I also have 2 x 6" cooltubes. 

Would I be better running 1 hps bulb at 660w in an adjustawing reflector,  or the 2 cool tubes with both hps lights running 400w to make 800w total?. 

What would be the heat difference etc (I have a good 6" duct fan to draw the heat out) 

Thanks

1 person likes this

the 600w hps is perfect for that size tent mate....

i would use the adjustawing or the cheap dutch barn type reflectors instead of the cool tubes and a decent 6" fan will be sound for that size space....

i'm in a 120x120x220 tent with 2 600w hps and i'm using a 6" rvk which is enough for me so you shouldn't have a problem in a space a little smaller than mine with a 600w and a decent fan.

you could use 2 400's during the winter months but i think that size tent will just get far to hot if you try it during the summer mate.

If you can get a stable source of cool air for lights on, you could get up to 1k in there, imo. I have ran 2x 600 in a 1.2x1.2. Lose the reflectors altogether, they just create heat, your tent is a reflector, and hang the lights vertically. Use a big fan pointing upwards, pushing warm air away from the canopy and towards extraction. I use an 8 inch ruck for extraction and one about 2/3s as powerful for intake.