Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Solly

Growers Ark Hydro Hard Water EC

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the nutrients I'm using. I am using the complete Growers Ark Hydro range for hard water and their Bio Boost+. My tap water Ph reads 7.6 and my background EC reads 0.7 - 0.8.

I have noticed that on the bottles it states to have an EC of 2.0 -2.4. This seems quite high to me as from what I've read most folks don't go over 1.8. Am I right in thinking that because of the hard water EC of 0.8  it is contributing to the final high EC level once everything has been mixed up? I Know some people half or disregard their background EC or even include it.  I currently have my EC at 1.9 I am 25 days into bloom. My EC has been climbing up to 2.0 - 2.1 so I have been topping up the tank with PH adjusted water and extra traces. The plants look healthy and there is very slight browning on the tips on a few plants not all and a few plants have some slight yellowing only affecting the very tops of the plants. According to the feed guide I should be feeding at 4ml/l But I have been feeding at 3ml/l which brings my EC to 1.9 even that seems high to me for 3wks into bloom. Are there hard water any Growers Ark Hydro users who can give me a little advice on this? also would love to hear what you think of the Bio Boost+. Cant seem to find much info on it here.

Thanks

Solly large.IMG_20180528_120046.jpglarge.IMG_20180528_120310.jpglarge.IMG_20180528_120331.jpglarge.IMG_20180528_120152.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Include your tap water EC to get total EC. So yes your correct. If your ec is rising they are drinking more water than nutrients, so reduce the nutrient strength a little.

Edited by tokenroll
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Solly said:

I currently have my EC at 1.9 I am 25 days into bloom. My EC has been climbing up to 2.0 - 2.1 so I have been topping up the tank with PH adjusted water and extra traces.

If its creeping up its cos there is too much. I'd always include my tap water into the final reading like tokenroll says, however I think its worth mentioning that when I used to live in a hard water area, I would have to top my E.C at around the 1.6 - 1.8 ec mark or else I'd underfeed. Where as now in the soft water area I don't exceed 1.2 - 1.4 ec which is the sweet spot. I'd have never have gotten away with that when my water read 0.6 ec out of the tap. Food for thought :yinyang:

3 people like this

5 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Include your tap water EC to get total EC. So yes your correct. If your ec is rising they are drinking more water than nutrients, so reduce the nutrient strength a little.

Thanks for your input, that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

If its creeping up its cos there is too much. I'd always include my tap water into the final reading like tokenroll says, however I think its worth mentioning that when I used to live in a hard water area, I would have to top my E.C at around the 1.6 - 1.8 ec mark or else I'd underfeed. Where as now in the soft water area I don't exceed 1.2 - 1.4 ec which is the sweet spot. I'd have never have gotten away with that when my water read 0.6 ec out of the tap. Food for thought :yinyang:

Cheers Golden Syrup, that's good to know. I feel better now knowing this. I love this new hobby its so much fun and so much to learn :)

would like to know more about bio boost also.

I only use the base A+B and start nutrients

and rhizo to soak cubes and root cuttings.

Do the more experienced growers bother with boost products, or stick to base nutes?

1 person likes this