Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ronaldo49

Lec or focus reflector for 315 cmh

37 posts in this topic

I'm going to get 2 maxibright 315 cmh lights soon and i'm not sure which reflector to get. I have read a lot of the cmh thread on here and saw that the focus reflector is almost as good as the lec and 100 cheaper. What would you guys recommend? Any advice is appreciated

going by what @Golden Syrup said about the Focus reflector, its as good as the LEC but I'm sure he'll spot this & answer himself.

as for the Focus being £100 cheaper, I've seen the LEC reflectors for £120 in the UK.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the input. Im looking at getting the whole setup with ballast, bulb and reflector. The cheapest i've seen is 250 with the focus and 350 with the Lec. 

From what I've seen in the cmh thread on here, the focus is definitely worth the extra 10 over the daylight reflector so i think ive ruled the daylight out.

in that case then I'd suggest you get the Maxibright & the Focus with a choice of lamp, with the £100 x 2 saved, you could get another pair of lamps so you can run a two lamp set up.

Yup i was planning on running 2 lights with one 930 and one 942 lamp. I'll be doing a 4 plant scrog in a 1.5 meter green qube tent but only using 1.2 of the tent.

What's wrong with using a parabolic? :unsure:  The ones you assemble yourself are dirt cheap. :)  

9 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

I've seen the LEC reflectors for £120 in the UK.

:eek: where’d you see them? 

2 hours ago, Saddam said:

What's wrong with using a parabolic? :unsure:  The ones you assemble yourself are dirt cheap. :)  

They look pretty big so i dont think 2 would fit in my tent. 

Also do the maxibright ballasts run hot? Im thinking about getting the focus connect and wondering how much heat 2 ballasts will add to the tent. Ill be using a 200mm can max fan pro exhaust fan.

they run as hot as any digital ballast I've run & can raise your temps, thats why I prefer to have the ballasts remote outside my tents.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

going by what @Golden Syrup said about the Focus reflector, its as good as the LEC but I'm sure he'll spot this & answer himself.

The LEC reflector is only 0.75% better than the focus reflector is! Focus' are about £60 RRP and the LEC are £120 ish 

4 hours ago, Saddam said:

They're too big for the small wattage nature of the 315w, 60cm around or smaller is the sweet spot :yep: 

4 people like this

again im not questioning you bruv ,but have there been any indi tests done on those figures bro ?

one more question on the maxibright website they calim that their ballasts are lfsw . i thought someone on here said other wise ?

have they changed this ?

40 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

they run as hot as any digital ballast I've run & can raise your temps, thats why I prefer to have the ballasts remote outside my tents.

Yea i usually keep the ballast outside of the tent too but the wife is already worried enough about the grow and wanted everything inside of the tent.  since im just an irish resident originally from california and of course it's not legal here, shes worried i could get deported if i get caught. Nobody could go in the room and not know whats going on either way but if it makes her worry less then ill just have to make it work with ballasts inside