Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

clue_less

Beyond Help!

58 posts in this topic
On 7/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, Muppet said:

Nice chart, sorta, it misses the most important part though, where on the plant is it happening?

If they start to look sick, follow this chart which does ask where on the plant it is happening.

S5MX6kc.png

On 7/24/2018 at 3:07 PM, MicroDoser said:

If they start to look sick, follow this chart which does ask where on the plant it is happening.

S5MX6kc.png

large.IMG_20180725_210003.jpgI Feel like everything is pointing towards Potassium, is that deficiency or excess? How would you know?

So I have neglected to keep this up to date. Me and my two ladies are up to day 101 together in this beautiful world. I have two immediate issues as far as i see.

Number 1 - Is it time to chop to Blue Cheese Auto?

Number 2 - How do I force flower the Shark Shock?

Time for some pics of the BC. I don't have anything to check the pistels but i'd say they're beginning to become the majority over the whites on the well established buds. I was going to flush (which i've just read is 'potentially' a waste of time) but then saw new buds developing at the very bottom. Whilst i'm in now immediate rush to take her down, i don't want to miss the boat either.

Day 101 feels like a lifetime, especially for an Auto which claimed 60 (I know to take that with a pinch but I've nearly doubled that time)

If she is to be chopped, what's the best way to go about it?

large.IMG_20180803_203410.jpglarge.IMG_20180803_203346.jpglarge.IMG_20180725_210018.jpglarge.IMG_20180803_203221.jpglarge.IMG_20180725_205957.jpglarge.IMG_20180725_210003.jpg

And number 2 - force flowering the Shark Shock

I've taken numerous cuttings but all have failed, i'm obviously shit at taking cuttings. I'm going to try again and then put her to flower.

I'm worried about mould, if she flowers naturally in god knows when, by the time she has finished I imagine this glorious British weather will have long departed and Autumn will be setting in, bringing her damp and rain. She must be nearly 4 ft at the moment, which feels big for this first timer.  Not on a regimented diet, feed every 2-3 days with a little fish food (2 caps in an average sized watering can, she gets maybe a litre per feed at a guess)

So how to force her? My best idea is to acquire a large bin/compost/water butt and put it over her for the required length of time. Will squeezing her into something damage her massively?

So how long does she need to be in total darkness for? And does it make a difference what time I do this? I have looked for the information on here but it is currently escaping me, so apologies if i'm asking the same question millions of others have...at least I've treated you to some photos :-)

large.IMG_20180803_203441.jpglarge.IMG_20180803_203430.jpglarge.IMG_20180803_203203.jpg

Mate I'm nowhere near experienced but that BC plant looks like you've pumped too many nutes in and it's got burned. Should have had a flush a while ago IMO and then started back on weaker nutes. It's still throwing out white pistils and the calyx's haven't swollen up so they indicate to me that this plant isnt ready for any sort of cutting down yet.

On the note of your photoperiod, I don't know what your method of taking cuttings is but I had zero success taking cuttings on my first attempts. On my second grow I successfully took about 20 cuttings. What I did differently the second method; I used rooting gel, I used a propogator and I used a heat mat (heat mat not really needed in this weather unless you're doing it in a cold room).

In respect to flowering your photoperiod early, if I'm not mistaken she has already started to go into flower at this point with her being in natural light all her life, as I have never grown outside I cannot be 100%. I am just going off what I read.

Best of luck with everything.

Peace.

7 hours ago, greenestfingers said:

Mate I'm nowhere near experienced but that BC plant looks like you've pumped too many nutes in and it's got burned. Should have had a flush a while ago IMO and then started back on weaker nutes. It's still throwing out white pistils and the calyx's haven't swollen up so they indicate to me that this plant isnt ready for any sort of cutting down yet.

On the note of your photoperiod, I don't know what your method of taking cuttings is but I had zero success taking cuttings on my first attempts. On my second grow I successfully took about 20 cuttings. What I did differently the second method; I used rooting gel, I used a propogator and I used a heat mat (heat mat not really needed in this weather unless you're doing it in a cold room).

In respect to flowering your photoperiod early, if I'm not mistaken she has already started to go into flower at this point with her being in natural light all her life, as I have never grown outside I cannot be 100%. I am just going off what I read.

Best of luck with everything.

Peace.

She's on just water now, will the damaged leaves repair themselves or are they done for once they show signs of damage?

I don't have the tool to check on the calyx's so was just going on the fact that lots of the pistils are brown, I've sampled her and she certainly got me stoned!

The SS is just over 4 foot, measured her this morning, don't think ill find a bin the right size to put over her so may try and rig something up, I can't see any flowers or signs of flowering but i'm not really sure what i'm looking for...

The cuttings were dipped in clonex and put in root riots but just didn't take, had no humidity in there after the first day, and the method i followed said to open the propagator once a day to freshen the air. Another method I read says to wrap the whole thing in cling film and leave for 2 weeks, so i may give that a bash and cross my fingers.

40 degrees in the greenhouse today :mellow:

Posted (edited)

You can physically see the calyx with your naked eye. You only need a "tool" to look at the trichomes. I realise you may be mixing up the terms calyx, pistil, and trichomes. From my understanding it's like this. The calyx is the flower material that swells up, the pistil is the long white hair that turn orange/brown when completing it's life cycle. The trichomes are the cannabinoid holding structures that form on the buds and sugar leaves, they start clear and go cloudy/milky and then to an amber and after when then dying a darker brownish colour. Any of the more experienced here please correct me.

You won't see signs of flowering as such this early but as the days are starting to get shorter she may have already started the flowering process. Outdoor plants act a bit different to indoor in the fact that they don't need 12/12  to start flowering. Intact I eblive some strains may start flowering under 15 hrs of light outside I read.

I never got on with root riots and the such as much as I did cloning straight into canna coco plus, into the propogator, misting the propogator daily with fresh water from a sprayer on the leaves and letting them do their thing until the roots starts poking out the bio degradable 5cm pots, then straight into coco in 1ltr or 2ltr fabric pots is my solution. Worked for 20 plus clones for a noob on his second grow, will try it on my third under these cmh lights I got and see how that goes too.

Peace

Edit: oh and once leaves are burned they won't grow back what they burned but they may still collect light through what's left if it isn't too damaged I believe.

Edited by greenestfingers
Answering question
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, greenestfingers said:

You can physically see the calyx with your naked eye. You only need a "tool" to look at the trichomes. I realise you may be mixing up the terms calyx, pistil, and trichomes. From my understanding it's like this. The calyx is the flower material that swells up, the pistil is the long white hair that turn orange/brown when completing it's life cycle. The trichomes are the cannabinoid holding structures that form on the buds and sugar leaves, they start clear and go cloudy/milky and then to an amber and after when then dying a darker brownish colour. Any of the more experienced here please correct me.

You won't see signs of flowering as such this early but as the days are starting to get shorter she may have already started the flowering process. Outdoor plants act a bit different to indoor in the fact that they don't need 12/12  to start flowering. Intact I eblive some strains may start flowering under 15 hrs of light outside I read.

I never got on with root riots and the such as much as I did cloning straight into canna coco plus, into the propogator, misting the propogator daily with fresh water from a sprayer on the leaves and letting them do their thing until the roots starts poking out the bio degradable 5cm pots, then straight into coco in 1ltr or 2ltr fabric pots is my solution. Worked for 20 plus clones for a noob on his second grow, will try it on my third under these cmh lights I got and see how that goes too.

Peace

Edit: oh and once leaves are burned they won't grow back what they burned but they may still collect light through what's left if it isn't too damaged I believe.

So you think even though i'm on Day 103 do nothing at the minute? Just keep a daily watering to both as they are nuted up already...?

With 2/3 weeks flowering the SS is going to have put in a big shift by the time she's finished! I naively thought when i sowed in April that I would be enjoying the fruits of my labour by the Summer but that's looking less likely by the day.

Where did you leave your propagator when growing your cuttings? Are we aiming for as bright as possible but not too hot? I have no indoor growing equipment as this is my first attempt to grow.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, clue_less said:

So you think even though i'm on Day 103 do nothing at the minute? Just keep a daily watering to both as they are nuted up already...?

With 2/3 weeks flowering the SS is going to have put in a big shift by the time she's finished! I naively thought when i sowed in April that I would be enjoying the fruits of my labour by the Summer but that's looking less likely by the day.

Where did you leave your propagator when growing your cuttings? Are we aiming for as bright as possible but not too hot? I have no indoor growing equipment as this is my first attempt to grow.

I personally would give the photoperiod the nutes and give the auto flower water.

I had it under a low power LED. I understand you don't have this option so I have heard of people putting stuff over the top of the propogator to dampen out the sunlight a bit as you don't need tons of light to clone with. Keep going mate you're doing really well.

Peace.

5 hours ago, greenestfingers said:

I personally would give the photoperiod the nutes and give the auto flower water.

I had it under a low power LED. I understand you don't have this option so I have heard of people putting stuff over the top of the propogator to dampen out the sunlight a bit as you don't need tons of light to clone with. Keep going mate you're doing really well.

Peace.

I read both your diaries last night, amazing results! The amount of colas compared to what my BC has is ridiculous, she has been abused.

Comparing your cuttings with what I took, yours look loads bigger, I'm thinking mine were maybe too small to begin with...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@clue_less

Thanks for the kind words. I did alright on the second one but the cheap LED light and the hot weather fast dry that it gave my bud didn't help me feel as fulfilled as the first grow. But onwards and upwards, lessons learned and ready to put into practice.

Yeah I like to make sure cuttings are a decent size.

Peace

Edited by greenestfingers
Words

Another Week, another post

We are at Day 109 now and still going strong

large.IMG_20180809_185220.jpglarge.IMG_20180809_185313.jpglarge.IMG_20180809_185230.jpglarge.IMG_20180809_185341.jpglarge.IMG_20180809_185212.jpg

This Blue Cheese has been on just water for a few days now, 1-2 litres a day depending on the weather, flushing her for a couple more days then she's for the chop and dry as I can't wait much longer for her, worried about the recent rains and damp setting in

large.IMG_20180809_185241.jpglarge.IMG_20180809_185259.jpg

This Shark Shock on the other hand, i don't know what's going on with her, she's over 5ft tall now but i still don't see any signs of flowering. I've actually taken to measuring her water/feed and I think she is looking healthier as a result. She's currently on 5ml of Fish-mix in 1 litre of water, once or twice a day depending on how hot it is, i also gave her a spray with 2ml fish-mix the other day. I've been removing the old damaged leaves and new growth is looking healthy and strong.

I'm in the process of moving my shed so as soon as that's done I'm going to pop her in to it on 12-12 to try and force flower, is it normal to veg for this long?

Quick update,

Sunday morning saw the chop of BC at Day 111. She is now hanging upside down in my shed ready to be chopped up and dried/cured in a couple of days.

SS has also started a 12/12 regime in my blacked-out shed, hoping this will force flower her sooner and get her finished before we lose all this lovely weather

Will post more pics soon