Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Oceanwisdom

Which Parabolic?

24 posts in this topic
On 05/05/2018 at 1:47 PM, Oceanwisdom said:

Does anyone have a Green Qube propagator?

I'd like to know if you can stand it up on its side, making it tall and thin - rather than short and long. I guess you can? 

I do it with a SJ prop and works well :)

1 person likes this

Cool. Thanks to all of you with your input. Its really helped.

One last question. How many plants would be optimal for a 1.2 x 1.2 tent? I want to get the full benefit from the parabolic without crowding the tent.

There’s a pinned thread for the perennial how many plants question. 

I forgot to add that the other pain with the grostars is that you can’t dismantle them so very tricky to store/hide away.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Oceanwisdom said:

One last question. How many plants would be optimal for a 1.2 x 1.2 tent? I want to get the full benefit from the parabolic without crowding the tent.

it all depends on how big you want to grow the plants, if you were doing a SOG (sea of green) then you could fit in 16 to 25 depending on the size of pots your using,

but imo, its better to do less plants & let them grow bigger, this means that you wont have to water them every day.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Oceanwisdom said:

How many plants would be optimal for a 1.2 x 1.2 tent?

Personally I would do 9 in 10/11 ltr pots with about 8 weeks veg

Thanks guys. Have a lovely selection clones about 4 weeks into veg (LA Confidential, Critical 2, Blue Cheese). I was thinking of giving these another 2 weeks, then popping them in 11ltr pots and then under the net. 

I was thinking a SCROG of 5. The LA Con in the middle, and the Critical 2 and Blue cheese on the outsides as they are slightly more leggy and generally bigger yielders.

Now I need to decide whether to get them in individual SCROG pots (one net for each plant - I saw them on eBay, they look cool) or just one big scrog net.  

5 hours ago, ratdog said:

Personally I would do 9 in 10/11 ltr pots with about 8 weeks veg

I do 4 plants in 12 ltr pots with 8 weeks veg in that same size tent, and there'd be absolutely no chance of getting 9 in there....I can just about get the 4 in there.

1 person likes this

@Oceanwisdom  I'd be more inclined to go for the one big net unless your planning on moving the plants about & probably cheaper.

I bought a Maxibright 1m Parabolic from Greens. Its incredible.