Spider Farmer 6 Inch Inline Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller

NotGoingGoa

I mentioned in the current diary  I bought one of these, arrived yesterday. I should have done just a wee bit deeper research B4 orderring........
Fan seems great with zero hum at low speed, one of 2 reasons for replacement, it was driving me mad in bed at night as I could hear it from up there in loft.
Great problem solved!
Second reason, to have the "smart" control functionality, fucking forget it. The so called Smart controller is as smart as I am when totlly steaming on the demon drink!
One can only set RH and temp targets high OR low, then when target reached fan switches OFF!
Fucking useless.
Have decided to keep it, as it's handy having the controller external to the groom and have calibrated its probe to my Govee ThermoHygrometer.
Down the line it'll probably be AC Infinity for main groom and this one can deal with the veg/Nursery cupboard downstairs.

I have since discovered that this and MarsHydro are one and the same, merely different branding.

large.SF-6-Inch-Inline-Fan.jpg.f8b232266602742dfa34a3527076e5ce.jpg

QUIET & POWERFUL】Mixed flow design combined with a EC motor that powers high-quality impellers makes this fan truly energy efficient. With only 50 watts of power but gives a strong airflow up to 350 CFM, very low noise level, only produces 32DB, this exhaust fan is silent. Lightweight ABS blades reduce the airflow resistance, add airflow by 40%. Reasonable enough..

【BUILT TO LAST】Made of heavy-duty plastic housing for superior durability, IP42 rated, making it highly resistant to dust and liquids, and performs well even in harsh environments. The exhaust fan is ETL/FCC listed. We'll see... ...

【INTELLIGENT CONTROLLER】The smart controller has multiple modes for operation, 10 fan speeds, easy to program and controls the humidity and temperature automatically with 4 easy settings and alarms which is a breeze to keep your space at the optimal temperature and humidity. Utter misleading BULLSHITE.

Peace all, stay safe!

• WOW 1

Seems a bit daft that it'll switch off when it reaches the target, Not seen much of these as I switched to AC Infininty which you can set your fan speeds relative to temp and RH, I mean it can be set to 0 to turn it off but minimum is always set at 1 because you've gotta keep some air flowing through the grow! In fact it looks like their controller is extremely similar to ACI one's you get, can you not adjust the minimum fan speed?

• Like 3

Sounds a bit like the old t series ACI controllers. Have you definitely tried every possible option including any app that might come with it? If so and it's definitely useless then you can wire an ACI controller onto any EC fan. There was a guide in the DIYLEDUK sponsor section but it's gone now, I'm sure the information is out there somewhere though. Maybe @Joolz can recover it, or maybe it'll be on that way back machine thing??

• Like 1

@MindSoup @mystic_roots Nah guys. I dredged the WWW yesterday and found out that sure enough, you can set a target RH or temp and either low or high in either case, and as I said above that’s it, reaches target and fan switches off, end of story until parameters are met again and same routine.  Additionally as I said above, the MarsHydro is identical, again after much time spent trawling not trolling for a change 🤣 around the web. As I say Hell fucking mend me for being presumptuous and not doing a bit more in depth research. Happy as fuck without the fan whining like a Rottie on heat though, bliss. 🙏🏼

Peace all. Stay safe! 

On 03/04/2024 at 16:57, mystic_roots said:

Seems a bit daft that it'll switch off when it reaches the target

Fucking crazy! I mean what’s the point? If they can make it do that then why not make it behave in a useful manner, fucking Hell! As I said though, fan seems fine and dandy and the controller is a physically well made piece of kit. Shame it’s more or less fucking useless. Hell mend me for not having done a bit more digging, never mind perhaps this’ll save at least one other being as daft as I. 

The reason the controller operates this way,

is because it was originally designed to maintain bitcoin mining rigs at ideal conditions for efficiency :) 

Set the minimum speed at what you want the fan to run when conditions are met.

Don’t bother with the low humidity/temperature settings,

just the high level.

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@NotGoingGoa I found this on Reddit - probably won't work but worth a go.

" I’m here to say that the low temp and low humidity over ride the ability to shut the fan down automatically, if you hold the two middle buttons and turn off the low temp mode and low humid mode on auto ur fan will work as its supposed to, took me a month of looking to find this solution. Hope this helps. Happy growing "

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

I’m here to say that the low temp and low humidity over ride the ability to shut the fan down automatically, if you hold the two middle buttons and turn off the low temp mode and low humid mode on auto ur fan will work as its supposed to, took me a month of looking to find this solution. Hope this helps. Happy growing "

Cheers for that...think it'lltake me a month to suss out what that redditpost fucking means too.. thanks though seriously, perhaps I'll have a try.. Honest though one would expect it to do what growers require out of the box, particularlt as the fucks market it at growers, MarsHydro identical too, I discovered., think I mentioned that b4, thanks again 4 that heads up.

8 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

Also...erm totally off topic but that Avatar...

It's so hot, it's making me sexist.

That postcard image has made me wish I had lived in France in 1920's for many years now🤪 and with with this lady and her cat as neighbours, life would I'm sure have proven to be just fine and dandy merci bien!!
Om Shanti

large.2023-10-0121_20_58.jpeg.68f6559609b81ddea0d39d1da86719da.jpeg

• Like 2