Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Swanner

Which strain to go for ?

23 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I’ve been growing GG#4 Auto for about 4 cycles now and I feel like I’ve got the hang of it all a bit better. I’m growing indoors with a 60X60X120 tent and a 450w Vipar Spectra Reflector.

I love GG#4. I’ve got to know it’s personality a bit when growing it and what it likes and doesn’t like. Most importantly the finished product has been getting better each time. It’s a superb vape.. 

I also like GG#4 cause it grows to a really perfect height for my setup. I always top

about 3 nodes in and get 6 or 7 lovely colas on each plant.. And when it comes to resin it lives up to its name.. it sparkles with trichomes all over.. such a beautiful plant.. 

So why change ? Well I just want to vape something different and start adding a few new jars to the cellar.. I’ve tried a Sweet Cream Auto and an Afghan Storm Auto but both were tall and a pain in the arse to train.

I like to keep it simple and the GG#4 was simple. I also like to stick with Auto as I have a small setup and don’t want to have to worry about light schedules. 

So I was hoping some kind soul might be able to recommend a strain that grows to a similar height as GG#4. I usually look for a hybrid with sativa qualities but I’m not that fussy. Good aroma and trichome production with high THC would be important..

Can anyone this if anything they’ve grown that was memorable and fits the bill ?

Cheers..

1 person likes this

Have a look at Mephisto genetics mate. 

4 people like this

32 minutes ago, Swanner said:

Well I just want to vape something different and start adding a few new jars to the cellar.. 

I know this is a bit off topic, because my only input has been a successful venture with CropKing in Canada. But how long have you been curing for. When I go back, Ill have had a jar properly cured for 2 years.

Theres a lot of talk about Dinafem(sp?) from what I've seen

Right now I'm running with Rhino seeds.. anyone use them?

2 people like this

1 hour ago, magik1953 said:

Have a look at Mephisto genetics mate. 

Will do for sure.. never heard of them before.. cheers

1 hour ago, Fishbern said:

But how long have you been curing for. When I go back, Ill have had a jar properly cured for 2 years.

My longest cure is only about 3 months. I can’t see anything I grow lasting much longer although Its growing faster then I can  vape it so sho knows 

The GSC I am growing by Auto Seeds is Sativa dominant. It’s short and is a high yielder. And it’s smelling of sweet cookies which is nice. I honestly didn’t think it would but it actually does smell like cookies. They say it’s had test samples at 24% THC which is pretty incredible for an auto as well.

2 people like this

That sounds on the money.. I’ll check it out. Thanks 

That sounds on the money.. I’ll check it out. Thanks 

@Swanner

I guess 4 grows of that phenotype kinda pushes you towards getting something new in.

Like you, I appreciate having a keeper which really allows you to hone your skills and bring it to its best. Great to pop a seed, enjoy the resulting smoke, but then the clones seem to do a lot better.

I grew out Sensi Seeds for 15 years or so. Went through most of the early strains, the first 20 or so. Maybe I'm just fond of Skunk 1, but its the plant what started off the indoor grow revolution and a plant whose genetics has been used in thousands of seed varieties out there.

Its an easy plant to grow and will always bring you a special keeper if you plant up 10 seeds. (normal seeds)

Feminized, I'd guess a few seed-banks will have something on offer.

Truth is we are spoilt for seeds. There are so many that every time I look at a seed-bank I'm struggling to pick a few out. I got so absorbed in the 420 sale that I missed the deadline. 2 packs for one offer. That said, there are LOTS of good offers on seeds right now. Its a buyers market. Seed companies know this and most orders will come with something extra if you shop round.

Best of luck with your horticultural endeavours.

2 people like this

On 4/26/2018 at 5:19 PM, MyDisplayName2000 said:

@Swanner

Truth is we are spoilt for seeds. . . That said, there are LOTS of good offers on seeds right now. Its a buyers market. Seed companies know this and most orders will come with something extra if you shop round.

Best of luck with your horticultural endeavours.

That's so true and so good for the progress of cannabis in whole really. Overpopulating their own market with freebies to increase growth and usage of the plant is a beneficial time for us on the reciprocating side!

1 person likes this

if i had to try something else it would be a mephisto seedbank seed, there are some fantastic grow diaries on reddit and they seem well over the top on the crystal goodness.

I've only grown out dinafem autos and sweet seeds autos , mephisto are my next grow without a shadow of doubt

2 people like this

I've done a couple of Mephisto's 'Toofless Alien' she was easy to grow and gave me a sizeable harvest of lovely quality bud.

If you want something special though, try Dutch Passion's 'Auto Night Queen'.... super strong, super tasty bud.... makes your eyes go blurry after 1-2 tokes.  I'm doing one right now and she's gonna be lovely.

5 people like this

choosing cannabis seeds destroys the brain and it worsens year on year, saves me money because time runs out and I take cuttings from a free seed.

2 people like this

Dinafem White Widow Autoflower 

I grew this last year and it stayed lovely a short.. Bit too short for me but i put it down to my brutal lst lol

Smoke was unreal it really didnt last long in the Jar lollol

Atb

JJ

3 people like this

Thanks everyone.. I really appreciate the tips.

Unfortunately Mephisto isn’t an option where I am and I don’t like getting seeds posted from abroad but I’ll check them out next time I’m away. 

I’ll also definitely check out dinafem and white widow. I suppose white widow is a classic everyone has to grow at least once..

I completely forgot about auto night queen. That was my first attempt and I made a complete balls of it but it was still a great vape. Super plant, covered in trichomes. I think I only got one out 5 seeds to germinate but that was down to my own ignorance..

That plant grew in really hot cramped conditions and turned out sweet. I’m definitely going to give that another go and do it right this time..

As for storage, i just can’t seem to get one going. I fill up a few jars and vape them till they’re near gone and the next batch is ready. 

Not complaining though :-)

3 people like this