Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autofatman

3 x Colorado cookies diary

95 posts in this topic

@potato1356

It's been really helpful to me this forum buddie , it's brilliant!

Thank you buddie , I'm sure they have stopped stretching now so I suppose that will be good to see how they react on the 1.5ml .

Yeah not on many leaves tho just a handful or so.

Spotting down the veins and stuff ,plus all my fan leaves are purple stemed and a few purp lines through the main stem too.

I wouldn't say rusting , spots as they are perfect circles that have rusted out holes lol.

Thank you mate !

Atb

1 person likes this

Purple stems can be a sign of stress, from almost anything (cold night temp, dry air, over feeding etc.).... however, it can also just be the strain. 

the rust holes will be cal and mag locking out due to salt buildup in the medium, as the plant stops evaporating it stops moving nutrients up the plant, apart from npk. 

all the best bud 

1 person likes this

Good afternoon growers!

What a lovely day it is today! 

Week 7 it is! 

Right...where to start lol ...

This week growth has become alot slower and their not drink as much also. 

In a few pictures your see the leaves have funny spots or marks. Which I'm sure is calcium deficiency..I hit this everytime I go into flower with out a fail...

Only problems I could think is over feeding maybe?

They have all been on 1.5ml grow and 1.5ml bloom , after noticing it on my little one first i have dropped the grow feed and now trying a lighter feed to see if she picks up. :)

Unfortunately my bigger LST beasts are now getting the same problems.

My humidity is in the 50s

Temps are easily 25+ all the time  

Pot temp 22-24 hotter today also.

I'm thinking of just dropping down to 1ml of bloom to see if they perk up, would anyone advise this? 

But all in all nothing much guys as the growth has slowed up , try and get them back around asap tho! 

Thank you for looking , here they are!

ATB everyone! 

Cc#1

2wceipd.jpgrabtyv.jpg

Cc#2

6hsqza.jpgeivayq.jpg

Cc#3 had to have some branches chopped off lol .

2u89yjm.jpg

2 people like this

Hello people's! Just a quick something if someone could help please :) , Do I add some cal -mag in the next feed ?

Also do I just give a light feed of 1ml of bloom in with it?

Help would be very appreciated ;)

Atb!

cal def shows in new leaves first, and mag on lower leaves first - then both progress into larger fan leaves and travel up the plant - looking at pics, this could be true here, but don't jump the gun.... most calmag deficiency occurs due to plant lockout.... 

Adding more calmag won't help though as the plants are locked out already - clawed right down and tipping more now. 

When you are watering, how much run-off do you get? less run-off = more likely to get salt buildup in medium, so even if the feed ratio is correct, it looks like it's too strong because none of the old salt is being flushed away..... 

They could also be over-watered, do you let pots get light before watering? 

I'd do a 50% flush on these girls (5x volume of pot in water flushes through), then try the lower bloom dose of 1ml with a little calmag and add some humic and fulvic acids and some beneficial bacteria to help break down immobile cal/mag in tap water to give the girls a wee boost. you get all of that bar the calmag in biosys by ecothrive - hence why I use it every grow :) 

It's also worth noting that low humidity can present calmag deficiency due to plant locking down and not evaporating water, so water no longer moves up the plant continuously - this is super shit as not only is the plant not feeding, but it's ability to cool itself is vastly reduced - environments can go from great to wank in very little time due to this... 

Sativas like more humidity and less feed than indicas - and you've got some sativa dominant phenos there.

Hope this helps :oldtoker:

2 people like this

@potato1356 legend mate , thank you for this info , I'm getting a good 1-2 lt from 6 lt of water.

I don't know where or how I'm going to put 180lts of water over night lol

I don't have anything that big eaither to do it. Could I just put straight tap water through them with out letting it sit pal? 

I heard it can do bad for them also.

Yeah my humidity does need to get better which I'm trying to work on ;)

Is that good sativa dominant? lol

Thanks Agen for you help mate ! 

Atb! 

Filled the bath haha , dumb shite me lol

1 person likes this

I was about to say - bath or shower....

If you normally get 1-2 litres run off per plant, It won't be salt buildup, it'll be overstrength feed.

flushing can be damaging if you use really cold water or use too much water, but not as damaging as a partially locked out plant for weeks on end! 

sativa dominant can be good or bad - it depends on what you like to smoke and how you like to grow plants.....

1 person likes this

@potato1356 thank you for your time and information brother , helps alot pal :)

I'm about to drag them out and flush them. Do I still go with 50 lts each if their in 13 lts of medium? Just dno if I'll have enough in the bath .

I like really dence buds so I'm guessing a Sativa won't produce them or will it? 

I've heard loads of stuff about them lol

Atb buddie 

This is how they are looking right now. 

Do I just give a really light feed or flush? 

b6ysdx.jpg

14b2pg6.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Flush has been done..

55 liters through each plant and 30 through the small one. 

The water at the start say 20lts was like really dark piss as I flushed them over the toilet lol .

Then it went all nice and clear , on the last 5 liters of each , I gave then 0.25 ml of cal-mag and 1ml of bloom per lt to add some feed back in to the girls! 

Let's hope they perk back up in this next week :)

Edited by Autofatman

Hi mate. Firstly superb job on the lst you have nailed it, it's the way to grow those autos to maximise their potential. Using the ties on the pots is exactly what I do. 

By this stage I usually have them on full strength bloom nutes. Contrary to what a lot of people suggest autos can take the nutes, you just have to up them gradually, and keep a close eye on them.  I presume you have stopped the grow feed? Keep upping the bloom they will need it for the bud development....

I've just cropped some of these 2 weeks ago and very happy with them, they averaged 120g per plant. By the look of yours in those bigger pots I'd be expecting at least 150g each ! Mine were ready at day 77. 

Any questions at all just shout. Great job man

Cheers TD

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sorry just realised you have flushed them. What's the recommended strength for your nutes(around 5ml per litre) ?.....in my opinion that's where you should be....not on the first feed but after a couple. Mine where on 7ml per litre by this stage, and I ended up with dank solid buds. 

I would also remove any leaves that are covering your bud sites. Plus any lower down buds that are not getting the light. 

Cheers TD

Edited by Topdraw
1 person likes this

@Topdraw hello mate , I'm extremely thankful for your reply and information. 

And also if I need help in the future , thank you Agen buddie .

Cheers for that mate I'm glad I've nailed it on my first go , I'm really chuffed with it my self :).

Yeah I have stopped the grow as I was still feeding 1ml which that could of been my problem.

My next feed I'm thinking of going to 2ml per liter just to see how she does , the plants went sticking right up a few days ago , slight clawring in the tips which someone advised me to flush but after 24hiurs she's coming back round :)yeay she's advised on 5ml per Lt but mines sativa Dom? I heard they prefer less food?

Thank you mate

Atb! 

Your not far from the end mate, I'd go to 3ml personally and see how they react. 

1 person likes this