Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jack?

Dry herb vape

30 posts in this topic

I'm after a dry herb vape /something i can put green in with not much fucking about. 

I used to own a volcano and not spending that kind of money again. See everyone raves about the mighty but that's way out my price range 

Im currently on a bong but it's a faff to get all ready and its not portable.

so what I'm after 

1) something small and discrete that I can take out and about if need be

2)something cheapish, I understand I may need to pay 

3) I only smoke on Friday and sataday night unless I'm on holiday or special occasion so it's not gonna be getting rinsed 24/7 

The Spirit by Storm is a great little unit. It heats quickly, feels lovely in the hand and small enough to be discreet, easy to load, changeable batteries and does the job nicely. 

2 people like this

For a long time I used to use a Mighty as my main vape.

However, since I got a harvest of decent bud, I've discovered it's limitations and in comparison to a Volcano, it's just a toy. I use it for out-and-about stuff only.

I've got a Crafty (smaller than Mighty, but essentially the same) and that really is poor. It was one of the early ones and the casing gets very hot,and it's very temperamental. A lot of people had trouble with the early ones apparently and although they seem to have improved they still aren't great for reliability.

So in my view, the two Storz & Bickel portable ones would do at a push, but they aren't in the same class as the Volcano (obviously not portable) and they aren't cheap.

Personally, my next move for mobile vaping is to get into dabbing. Some cheap units can be had - and one discrete puff and you're done!

3 people like this

I've hardly used anything else since I picked up a couple of Vapcaps in the 420 sale (and going back for more in the sales since :) )

2 people like this

Vapcap M.  About £50, best portable I've used

2 people like this

Cheers for the help folks.will have a look at those.

Because I only get to toke on the weekend I still want to be getting the most out of the time slot avalible. Is a handheld vape not as good as a bong ? Do I need to vape more to get to that level or are they like the volcanos and do the job? 

I am still amazed by how stoned I can get on tiny bits of weed with the vapcap. I also only vape at weekends, and find it ideal for a quick toke or a longer session. I can easily whip it out, load it and finish a bowl in not much over a minute.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Jack? said:

Is a handheld vape not as good as a bong ?

I'd say a bong is equivalent to a Mighty/Crafty. I'd say gram-for-gram of plant material, you'd get similar effects with both.

I'd say a Volcano is more effective than either a bong or a Mighty/Crafty.

My breathing is much better since I quit combustion and went onto vaping - that's the main advantage to my mind.

I've seen and heard good things about the Vapcap. And based on the price difference between a Mighty/Crafty and a Vapcap, it's got to be a serious contender, I guess.

My only reservation is that I believe you have to use a lighter or torch or similar to heat the Vapcap. So if stealth is a big deal to you, that might be a drawback - do you want to be sitting in a park looking like you are smoking meth or crack?

2 people like this

I would love a good portable but just don't think one exists. Every oil pen I have used has been poor quality and need new parts often. The mighty and crafty are ok but still not quite  what I want in a portable and material quality in most other vapes puts me off.  The vapcap does have a big following but I can't comment as I haven't owned or used one.  

I only vape at home now with desktop vapes and have given up the pursuit for a good portable, I just have a massive rip before I go out.

:haveadab:& Twax it.

Edited by golf.007
3 people like this

Just checked Youtube videos and it looks like it is possible to be reasonably stealthy with a Vapcap.

It seems you don't have to apply the heat whilst inhaling, so you should be able to discretely heat it then raise it to your mouth.

Based on the cost and the pretty good feedback in general, it sounds like a contender!

In fact, for me it's opened up the possibility of returning to Amsterdam at some point - I didn't fancy using dirty vapes or burning weed - but a cheap vape pen which can be thrown away when leaving means it's back on the cards!

2 people like this

The vapcap is reasonably discrete to use out and about, it's just a matter of not looking guilty while heating it ( which takes less than 10s anyway)

For even greater stealth it is fairly easy and cheap to make a battery powered induction heater for the vapcap

3 people like this

I’ll second the spirit lovely little unit. Having said that I have no other experience with vapes 

+1 for the Pipes' induction heater for consistent reliable one handed VC heating   :punk:

I'm on Pipes' list on FC for a Portside mini induction heater to compliment the Skeletor I've been using for a few months now.

He's put instructions and a shopping list up on the forum for people to build their own but I think it's excellent value and worth the wait for him to put them together.

And if/when the temperature controlled version that another member is working on is ready I'll be on that like a shot too ;)

1 person likes this

Salutations Jack,

On 23/01/2018 at 4:18 PM, Jack? said:

I'm after a dry herb vape /something i can put green in with not much fucking about. 

I used to own a volcano and not spending that kind of money again. See everyone raves about the mighty but that's way out my price range 

Im currently on a bong but it's a faff to get all ready and its not portable.

so what I'm after 

1) something small and discrete that I can take out and about if need be

2)something cheapish, I understand I may need to pay 

3) I only smoke on Friday and sataday night unless I'm on holiday or special occasion so it's not gonna be getting rinsed 24/7 

Honestly i'm afraid that repeating the same mistake again and again just won't lead to improved results anytime soon - throwing money at it even less...  Instead of focussing on a dream list lets start by addressing the main basic objective then it can be disected into smaller problems until it's all solved suitably.

For example, here's how i define the task relatively to Dry Cannabis Flowers vaporization while Keeping in mind that we only need to release noble molecules conveniently contained in trichome glands...

large.5a6907a7e8ac2_Trichomes-ClearvsAmber(2015-Nov-28)400x300.PNGlarge.5a6907b0522db_Trichomes-GoodvsEvil(2017-Oct-11)400x300.PNG

It seems to me that trichome glands generally represent very little mass compared to their vegetal substrate while such lightweight spheres of matter can be expected to thermalize significantly faster than the rest once soaked with heat.  If i'm correct to assume that cannabic goodies conduct heat better than their supporting tissues then i'm forced to conclude that the venerable Volcano type of "Ovenizer" concepts are also fundamentally flawed, as they all fail to exploit this characteristic.  After all, there's no need to thermalize a bowl at some target temperature for minutes:  instead i'd favour the shortest path of least transformation where the magnitude of an energy "packet" is sized to match the task at hand, based on a bowl's specific heat capacity, mass and humidity for the most part.

Using a "1-Hitter" lets attempt to selectively heat trichome glands only, trying to leave its surrounding vegetal tissue relatively untamed if possible.  I figured these extraneous fibers may contain traces of systemic pesticides anyway...

Here's my prefered "final" solution, this is "Plan-B" though the concept has potential for even more improvement via Induction Heat experimentation (...):

large.5a69168c4bad2_CustomizedVGPipesbyEgzoset(2017-Dec-20)300x400.PNG

Operation is similar to a pipe except fire is replaced by a brief temporary heat "bubble" stored in the Hybrid Core of its moddified sphere...  Seen at a distance it can be made to look nearly the same, except one must "light up" again for every new toke, which promotes "conservation" as a bonus.  Etc., etc.

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.
1 person likes this

I'm looking at a second dry herb vape just for a portable.

The solo2 is what Im thinking of, although I havent checked out the air 2 yet.

e2:. That makes sense EZ.  The EVO goes a long way to solving that problem by using a largely heat on demand system but is a table vape.

Edited by Bird
1 person likes this