Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aphatspliff

Chocolope

Hi guys,

Smoked some of this from Prix d'Ami in Dam 3/4 years ago and absolutely loved it. Smooth creamy chocolatey skunky goodness with a happy up high. Just gone to look for some regular beans in the hope of maybe finding something similar and can't seem to find them in stock anywhere. Plenty of fems about so I guess they haven't discontinued the strain? If anyone could shed any light on where to acquire some regs that would be amazing. Also any info or tips on growing this would be greatly appreciated! I understand she gets tall, but I was planning on topping and a bit of LST anyway. Hopefully be ok!

Aphat Spliff :spliff:

1 person likes this

If you want regular chocolope seeds you're probably about 8 years too late but you'd be better off searching for 'd-line' seeds which is what it was called when widely available as regulars.

If seen a melon/fruity/almost berry smelling chocolope in amsterdam coffeeshops which has medium dense buds and a nice flavour when smoked,I've smoked it a few times years apart and I'd bet it was the same cutting. Given this is the more easily found phenotype in coffeeshops it's likely the most widely shared cutting so probably the one used it crosses and for the selfed seeds.

1 person likes this

the plant u want is chocoloco not chocolope and its a clone only from the dam sorry to break the bad news but u wont get that smooth creamy choclately skunky goodness from dna chocolope

eta u will get some nice plants but not chocolate

Edited by kc stoner
1 person likes this

It depends what version of Chocolope you've tried. There is a lot of variation in a pack of fem seeds from DNA these days. They're mostly good so if you do get a pack, you'll not be super pissed off not to find something close to the phenotype that you encountered. Trying to get the same is a bit of a long shot. Laws of probability will come in to it tbh. My favourite was the spindly, lemony pheno which had what you could describe as a sweet but acrid taste on the outbreath. Good luck in your search. Don't pin your hopes on getting exactly what you're after. Variety is the spice of life and other assorted cliches.

3 people like this

You might want to look at Eskobars   Chocolate Rain which is an old Chocolope x Cocoa Kush I think. Dam based breeder so may have had access to the clone being mentioned here.

chocolate rain is well worth growing 

1 person likes this

@The lone stoner @kc stoner @Mestizo @Gojitangie

Thanks for your knowledge and suggestions people! :yep:

The smoke definitely had a really smooth creamy coco hot chocolate taste on the exhale, very unique. No fruit. It's not often you get a strain and it actually tastes as the name suggests! Hence why it's stuck in my mind, but doesn't sound like I'll find it tbh! Think @kc stoner has got it right with this Chocoloco cut. Oh well, will still run some d-line/chocolope if I can acquire regs from somewhere and will look at this Chocolate Rain as well. See what we get!

1 person likes this

Out interest @The lone stoner , did you get any chocolatey tasting smokes from your attempts?

not so much chocolate but perhaps bitter cocoa if you had an imaginative enough palette.

I can't remember how many times I've actually had plants or end product which resemble the flavour or smell description on the packet,not all that many..but I have had lots and lots of plants that smelt like all kinds of different things in just random packs of seeds.If I'm honest,and I think this will probably be the same for most people who buy seeds,when I buy a pack of seeds I'm basing the decision mostly on a picture of the type of plants I like..whether the pic on the pack/site actually is of a plant grown from the seeds,who knows.

1 person likes this

I always run a chocolope kush cut ive kept for years and it smells like cocoa infused strawberries with a hint of coffee.....its up there with the most fruity strains to grow. The kosher kush gives it the edge thats needed, not too debilitating.I love the effects that the old school thai highs bring to the table.

1 person likes this

Sounds lovely @GrowYaBoat

I'm going to have to stop looking at strains soon as the to do list is getting rediculous! :woot:

1 person likes this

Hi guys I have tried the chocolope from dna seeds I got it as a freebie and it was my highest yielder over 8z solid dry couldn’t believe it top cola was like a Pringles can I am not really very experienced with sativas but i was really impressed and I have since tried again with them and had good results second time around never tried the Amsterdam cutting version.

1 person likes this

Its a really good plant, was my go to strain when I first started growing. Found an amazing Chocolope plant on my second ever grow. Crazy yield, very fast growth and floweriong speed and a taste/smell that stood out. Unfortunately, I lost the mother a few years back and wanted to get it back in my collection. I searched the whole internet, there are no regular DNA Chocolope seeds left, just fems. I got a pack of 6 waiting in my fridge...

1 person likes this

I wouldnt touch DNA nowadays.... they used to bring real fire when they were breeding in the netherlands...since they moved to Spain alot of their stuff has wen to shit..

RKS-average, LA chocolate-shit, below average., lemon skunk-superpish...only thing that iv grown out lately that was good  from them was tangie...real nice.

Edited by grotbags