Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

priest

The Beautiful Game

7,185 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, j0eperry said:

Bring in the sin bins, some shot clocks, or power plays (take away the oppositions keeper for 5 mins, or bring on 2 extra players for 5 mins, etc etc) and I'll start watching again lol 

Sacrilege :thumbdown: This season,s champions league has been the most entertaining and attacking in years with more goals scored than ever and I think the final is going to be a classic, hopefully with Liverpool gubbing Real in a 9 goal thriller:thumsup:.:lucky:

Man City have set all sorts of records this season in the Premiership with one of the most attacking and free-scoring teams i have seen in years with Liverpool and Spurs also good to watch, plus we have been able to witness 2 of the best players ever to play the game in Ronaldo and Messi so I personally think the quality of  football in recent times is definitely improving apart from my own team ( Rangers :wallbash:) but hopefully Stevie G can sort that.:yes:

So you know where you can stick your sin bins and so on ( no offense):yinyang:

Edited by bill cooper
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, bill cooper said:

Sacrilege :thumbdown: This season,s champions league has been the most entertaining and attacking in years with more goals scored than ever and I think the final is going to be a classic, hopefully with Liverpool gubbing Real in a 9 goal thriller:thumsup:.:lucky:

Man City have set all sorts of records this season in the Premiership with one of the most attacking and free-scoring teams i have seen in years with Liverpool and Spurs also good to watch, plus we have been able to witness 2 of the best players ever to play the game in Ronaldo and Messi so I personally think the quality of  football in recent times is definitely improving apart from my own team ( Rangers :wallbash:) but hopefully Stevie G can sort that.:yes:

So you know where you can stick your sin bins and so on ( no offense):yinyang:

Haven't watched it so wouldn't know buddy lol

Still, a bit same old same old isn't it. Ronaldo and Messi don't do much for me compared to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo combination - just seems like the general level of players was higher across the board from 1996-2006 period. Maybe I'm just getting older and didn't move with the times....'back in my day...'

I'd just like to see more entertainment from it. Looking at Man City's records, whilst impressive, just looks like they were miles ahead of the pack anyway so in my mind makes most of the other premiership games null and void.

Just think sometimes things stay too traditional for too long. I'd love to see something to mix it up every few years and keep it exciting. For all the great games over a weekend - how many mediocre ones are there? 

To be fair, I'm probably in the wrong thread to complain about the game! Hopefully world cup fever can get me back on side ;) 

This weekend be the weekend  :thumsup:

Farmer 

3 people like this

He we go again.....premiership friday......utd for the win :yep:

I wasn't a million miles away with my crazy bets last year. I fancy Newcastle to do well this year, and West Ham, and I reckon Forest to go up (Automatically or play-offs). Its a shit start to the season, Man U are winning, the shit houses.

I think closing the transfer window before the start of the Premiership season was a good idea (despite depriving us of the hilarity of teams that have had a terrible start running around like headless chickens on August 31st desperate to get someone in, which was always amusing lol ).

The woman that reads the classified football results on Radio 5 Sports Report sounds like Theresa May :puke:

If you're tired and you're weary 
And your heart skips a beat 
You'll get your fucking head kicked in 
If you walk down Heyworth Street 
If you come to The Albert 
You'll hear our famous noise 
Get out you Everton bastards 
We're the Billy Shankly Boys

We're the boys from The Kop 
We're loyal and we're true 
And when we play the Everton 
We're ready for a do 
To the cry of "NO SURRENDER" 
You'll hear our famous noise 
Get out you Everton bastards 
We're the Billy Shankly Boys.

Up the reds !!! 

3 points today.

Posted (edited)

Gutted about Arsenal today although i knew we would struggle against one of the best in the league.

Liverpool smashed it....early prediction here i think Liverpool will pip city to the title...there i said it lol 

Farmer 

Edited by FARMER G
2 people like this

come on u spurs i think its our season this season ive had a bet with william hill spurs to win the league 30/1

Spurs fan would have to post after my initial posts opening sentence....rub it mate lol 

Farmer 

13 hours ago, FARMER G said:

Gutted about Arsenal today although i knew we would struggle against one of the best in the league.

Liverpool smashed it....early prediction here i think Liverpool will pip city to the title...there i said it lol 

Farmer 

I only watched Arsenal via stream, and I am encouraged by the new manager, and the signings.  Not the signings of multi-billionaires, but signings I was pleased to see at Arsenal.  Progress with tactics was obvious, but again it is too early to lknow for certain how effective we can be.  I am encouraged and positive under the new manager, and willing to allow this season to be for experimentation, and to identify the areas to strenghthen properly.

Winning ugly.

We won ugly today.

James Milner FTW - we play great attacking football, but sometimes you have to win ugly. And James Milner wins us ugly. Never mind Mo Salah, or Sadio Mane, or Roberto Firmino (who, by the way, I think is our best player - he gives his all to give scoring opportunities to Mane and Salah - Salah puts the ball in the goal, but Firmino helps create the oppotunity). But James Milner is the heart of our team IMHO. Totally underrated player, but we wouldn't be the team we are without him :notworthy:

1 person likes this

Another poor result (and perhaps more importantly poor performance) by Man U.

I'd be interested to hear what the UK420 Man U fans (cos I know there some Man U fans here) think of Mourinho. As a non-Man U fan (I'm a Kopite so I'm as far from a Man U fan as it gets lol but this post ain't about that), looking at it from the outside I'd want him gone. His fans always come out with "Look at what he's won." - OK, I accept that. But he's won most of it with negative football, win 1-0 seems to be his philosophy. It's effective, but it's not entertaining and part of football is to entertain the fans. But his tactics aren't really what I'm thinking about here, more about his demeanour and his man-management. I know fuck all about football management, but it just seems in a wider person-management sense that in the media, if your team does well you praise them, if they do badly then you take the responsibility for it - you say THEY won, you say WE lost. You don't take the credit and you don't shift the blame - that's just basic man-management, in football or anything else. Seems like Mourinho does the exact opposite - when they win it's because of him, when they lose it's his players' fault. And he has a go at players in interviews - what's that gonna achieve ? Just make them resentful - by all means have a go at them in the dressing room, but don't throw them under the bus in interviews :nea: This whole Pogba thing is proper stupid - Pogba said something Mourinho didn't like, OK, deal with it in the dressing room. Don't air your dirty laundry in public :nea:

That's my opinion looking at it from the outside. If it were my team I'd want him gone (never mind the Pogba nonsense, never mind them finishing in second last season, above Liverpool, he just isn't what I'd want in a manager) What do Man U fans think ? I'm genuinely interested :)

Edited by Boojum

Oh for fuck's sake, in the post-match interview on Radio 5 the poor performance is nothing to do with him  - apparently one of the West Ham goals was offside (it may have been, by centimetres, but that's nothing), one of them was a deflection (despite the fact that for it to get into the position where a deflection goes in it means you were not defending well) and so not his fault and one was a mistake by the referee.

It's never your fault is it Jose.

Your team played badly, your tactics were wrong and you were well beaten.

STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE :headpain:

That's what I hate about him, nothing is ever his fault, it's his players, it's bad decisions. His arrogance just won't allow him to accept that sometimes he's wrong.

Man, seriously if I were an Man U fan I'd want him gone. Utter wanker.

Edited by Boojum